Balance appreciation thread

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I didn't want to do this but my feelings got the better of me.

I just wanted to show my appreciation of how the dev team is really improving balance. Mainly removing saburra rocks from the MK region.
This is a major milestone in resource balance for the game. To be honest, it was a bit of a cheat that MK had saburra. Glad the devs picked up on it and fixed the issue.

If you noticed any balance improvements like the one mentioned above, please point it out and show your appreciation.

D

Deleted member 44

Is the point of this thread to get everyone mad about the change because most people are mad about the change?

• Haha
Reactions: Kameyo and Bicorps

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Is the point of this thread to get everyone mad about the change because most people are mad about the change?
define 'most people'

'most people' likely dont live in mk and likely dont really care

-barcode

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Thanks for The Pole Weapons animation Change (still need to be honed out though) and the Combat speed increase. This improved combat and versatility drastically.

Reactions: Rorry

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
When it comes to this game the only balancing I'm really interested in is combat and pvp balance so ill talk about that.

Combat speed increase was very good.
INT curve change was garbage.
Pets are broken and a joke, something which will likely only get worse.
Mounted combat / magery is broken and a joke, also will likely only get more braindead as we go.

As ive said many times, unless SV actually gets a competent PROFFESIONAL balance, game dev, this game will go down the same route MO1 did where we end up with walls everywhere, walled off content, COMPLETELY busted pets like DK's, and anything to do with mounts was broken and braindead for years upon years. The same person that steered the games balance into that direction and ended where it did, is still in charge of balancing. We are already seeing the patterns show when it comes to pets and MC.

I hope im wrong :)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
We need a turn cap that actually encourages player skill instead of putting a hard cap on speed and player skill.

something that requires dragging and resisting.

something that effects slow players just as much as fast players.

putting a hard cap on speed is junk

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
When it comes to this game the only balancing I'm really interested in is combat and pvp balance so ill talk about that.

Mounted combat / magery is broken and a joke, also will likely only get more braindead as we go.

As ive said many times, unless SV actually gets a competent PROFFESIONAL balance, game dev, this game will go down the same route MO1 did where we end up with walls everywhere, walled off content, COMPLETELY busted pets like DK's, and anything to do with mounts was broken and braindead for years upon years. The same person that steered the games balance into that direction and ended where it did, is still in charge of balancing. We are already seeing the patterns show when it comes to pets and MC.

I'm right there with you. I see the pattern and it's worrisome.

Sadly it seems the INT curve change is here to stay. They did it without giving two shits about feedback. One of their classic "add and forget".

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicorps

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Pets are objectively stronger than mo 1.

they are faster, can wear armor, and can’t be parried

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I like the Resurcce change too, But they ar enot finished yet, They rework the map more to have more local resources that trading between town is nessary.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I am very happy to see more primary skills added, without anymore primary points added. The extra points (compared to mo1) have had me worried.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Game already looking like pokemon online or swg creature handler simulator again, its funny that they want unblockable pets in a "skill based game" where it takes no actual effort to put an unlimited stam ai on a player.

All the game needs now is original mo1 alvarin speed and death knights to make truly the "hardcore" experience melee slasher players truly want!

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Game already looking like pokemon online or swg creature handler simulator again, its funny that they want unblockable pets in a "skill based game" where it takes no actual effort to put an unlimited stam ai on a player.

All the game needs now is original mo1 alvarin speed and death knights to make truly the "hardcore" experience melee slasher players truly want!
Creature handler was semi strong for about a week in all of SWG history. And even then, it was during a period where people weren't wearing armor and high end mobs hit like wet noodles(hence people wouldnt waste money on armor) with not even good resistance %. The dps of a 3 stack of dps pets was somewhere around 0,7-1k, high level pet around 1k or 0.8k with a double 35 CL. Meanwhile a single pistolier with a suboptimal pistol can push out 2k+ dps to a pool he wants, meanwhile the pets just do damage that goes everywhere. Even the minimalist CH builds during the height of LUL CH OP only added a good 400 dps to a full damage build. At the cost of either not capping out their defense, ranged defense, mitigations or state defenses. The real problem was in how a creature handler could for AN ENTIRE DAY BEFORE IT WAS FIXED. GIve full control of a pet or pets to a different character that didnt have to weigh his build down with being a CH. This was literally fixed within hours of someone using this to his advantage and herding a tiny army around.

This analogy is garbage.

CH in SWG has in majority been Fluff and a collectors wet dream. The most use it ever had even for someone focused on just CH was that you could have a big arsenal of debuffs with different set of pets and access to poison and disease without requiring a weapon such as pikes or being a profession like combat medic. The pets literally were just like the wild ones with the exception to BE pets who mostly were single focused and garbage. Heck there were some broken pets out there during times when the game still had some major holes to plug up. These pets even when broken were absolute garbage in anything but the one thing the BE decided to shove into them. Either super mega "tank" or s00per "dps". With tank being still only around 15k HAM and a dps that makes literally any combat profession yawn.

As soon as you slapped some decently crafted armor on a def and state capped combat character, pets "damage" to you was how they occupied your screen while scratching you behind the ear and not even landing hits 99% of the time, yet alone apply any states to you and if by chance they even got through your defense, the armor would make their hits into something like... 10? 15? damage, at best.

If anything, CH in swg required a lot of button mashing, sending commands to get state orders right, disengaging from targets to store pets and then bring out other ones, picking right ones for the job and then failing anyway since you are straight up weaker than a full combat char.

If anything SWG is something SV should look for inspiration if they want a system that is so toned down that 1 in 10k players decide to even have a pet at all for other than vanity.