Archer and dexxer v mage

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
Mage is utterly pointless. Get hit by two bandits: u ded

dexxer: get hit by 4 bandits: EZ mode with bandages.

Mobs drop bandages.

Clades support melee and archer builds and defence.

Mage: light armour, u ded.

Dominator: MA kills toughest pet in under a minute because it is slower and easy to avoid despite 5 days of training.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Wow! No one said this in the past 30 minutes, i started to worry about.
Thanks guys for the support you give to this community! We would be lost without you! <3

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
1. the idea is not to get hit, your spells are all ranged for reason.

2. tanking 4 bandits hitting you with only bandies?, maybe is very high tier armor or all of their swings are spaced so you can parry

3. Mobs drop reagents

4. Unless you are playing Thursar you have clades that help mages

5. Just because mana regen drops past 2weight doesn't mean you have to run 2 weight, if mana regen is a problem anywhere below like 6 weight you have intentionally made your character gimped

6. Terrain is important, if you are running your pet through an open field you are putting it at high risk, a dominator is not a mounted class, don't expect every pet to be able to catch a mounted class, we have seen issues that are created when you allow pets to chase indefinitely and run faster than a mounted.

5 days of almost entirely afk "training" and an "all pets attack" hotkey should be considered before looking for buffs or nerfs

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
1. the idea is not to get hit, your spells are all ranged for reason.

This ^^. To be more specific...
1/ Get a horse
2/ Train Mounted Magery
3/ Zap your bandit
4/ Ride away while recharging the spell
5/ Kite the bandit around inside the leash range and zap them on each pass

Once you have spells like Thunderlash you'll take them down in maybe 5 to 8 hits. For the ranged bandits - casters and bows - the trick is to get the range right (ie. use Outburst at max range). I'd be more inclined to complain it's too easy - farming bandits as a mounted mage is like taking candy.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Build diversity and meta is incredibly stale. This is one thing DFUW got right(diverse/engaging meta) both with classes and when it switched to classless later. Mortal lacks this, I didn't play MO1, maybe it was better and maybe the introduction of new mage schools will help but only one build feels viable ATM for solo and parry based melee combat is really the lowest denominator in terms of competitive gaming with 1v1s taking 5+minutes with competent players and 1v2s impossible if all players are competent.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Build diversity and meta is incredibly stale. This is one thing DFUW got right(diverse/engaging meta) both with classes and when it switched to classless later. Mortal lacks this, I didn't play MO1, maybe it was better and maybe the introduction of new mage schools will help but only one build feels viable ATM for solo and parry based melee combat is really the lowest denominator in terms of competitive gaming with 1v1s taking 5+minutes with competent players and 1v2s impossible if all players are competent.

We have 4 different viable warrior builds, 5 different viable mage builds, 2 different viable Hybrid builds and 2 different viable mounted builds. Yes, the game still need balance and yes, LOTS of content is not in game yet but, for a game "released" (i agree, this is a beta) not even two months ago 13 viable builds is definitely not what I would define "build diversity incredibly stale".
And no, 1vN is not impossible, just hard, as it should be. There is a mechanic of damage reduction during riposte animation that you probably don't know about that let you win 1 vs multiple enemies.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This ^^. To be more specific...
1/ Get a horse
2/ Train Mounted Magery
So mounted online. SV really needs to try and design their game in a way that its actually fun to play, and that their 'sandbox' actually has some sand and isn't everyone playing just playing mounted. When PVE is riding in a circle on a mounted people are going to get bored of it really quick.

Reactions: CrgHck

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Honestly some are "ranged" as in you could throw a rock longer.
6kg armor is about 60% regen but I feel is a must för the protection.

6kg is 70% first off which is plenty, I know mages that go to 60% with no issues...learn to be mana efficient.

Also if you don't like that you are losing mana Regen at 2kg then go human and get the cleric clade, then you can wear 6kg with no mana Regen penalty. Problem solved.

If you want to solo NPCs go dagger mage, or tame mage. This game isn't like WoW where you can root everything and kill it without being hit, sorry.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
So mounted online. SV really needs to try and design their game in a way that its actually fun to play, and that their 'sandbox' actually has some sand and isn't everyone playing just playing mounted. When PVE is riding in a circle on a mounted people are going to get bored of it really quick.

This is just the most efficient for solo PvE in the open world, gotta have a proper group for the dungeons.

Also if the map wasn't so big mounts wouldn't be so prevalent, but when it takes an hour on mount to go from the top to the bottom of the map you better believe everyone will be on a mount.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
6kg is 70% first off which is plenty, I know mages that go to 60% with no issues...learn to be mana efficient.
I didn't have a problem with it tho
Im usually at 60% mana regen.
If you want to solo NPCs go dagger mage, or tame mage. This game isn't like WoW where you can root everything and kill it without being hit, sorry.
lots of assumptions here lol
I have no interest in soloing anything what so ever and bringing up trash games wooow
I play dagger mage

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I didn't have a problem with it tho
Im usually at 60% mana regen.

lots of assumptions here lol
I have no interest in soloing anything what so ever and bringing up trash games wooow
I play dagger mage

Last half of the post wasn't directed at you calm down.

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
We have 4 different viable warrior builds, 5 different viable mage builds, 2 different viable Hybrid builds and 2 different viable mounted builds. Yes, the game still need balance and yes, LOTS of content is not in game yet but, for a game "released" (i agree, this is a beta) not even two months ago 13 viable builds is definitely not what I would define "build diversity incredibly stale".
And no, 1vN is not impossible, just hard, as it should be. There is a mechanic of damage reduction during riposte animation that you probably don't know about that let you win 1 vs multiple enemies.

I do not consider 2h blade and 2h hammer a different build. The game is centered around 1 build and that's max melee skills/archery/anatomy and then throw in some support mages for heals. Tamers are a build but they're so irrelevant due to pets being so weak that they aren't worth mentioning in the meta.

If they add weapon abilities unique to each weapon then we can talk about different weapons being different builds but as of now the difference between them are minimal. The game simply has no meta, it's very stale.

Consider this? They could add bow paths that take primary points that give movement speed buff when landing arrows, less arrow arc, etc to make bow only a viable build. But Bows are an accessory to melee now as mages are accessory to melee. When they add new mage schools, especially necro which is rumored to allow movement while casting then I expect new builds to surface but as of now very boring and essentially the game is a AOC waiting room for me.

Reactions: Elijah