Anyone else finding it impossible to tank?

Exotik

Jan 23, 2022
Is anyone else having trouble with having a designated tank? Seems like no matter what with the aggro system being the way it is and having a oghmir tank with taunt ability, all enemies seem to adjust their aggro to our mages and archers. Any advice will be a huge help. Thank you.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
As long as you are applying the most dps you will be the target, prol is a bug and that's overriding the taunt.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The aggro in general has been incredibly wonky for a long time. For the longest time the aggro was always on the target that attacked the mob last.

Say you had 3 players, all step inside mobs aggro range. as long as they stayed in aggro range the one who hit it last will have aggro until someone steps out of aggro range, goes back in and hits it.

Haven't really tested it recently as i've been too busy to play mo2 as well as trying to not play it to actually have a will to play it when it releases on the 25th. But I think its fixed from that point anyway.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Cruor

Sep 14, 2021
Until VERY recently, aggro was based on who the mob saw last, they didn't even have to attack. We had Troll fights were some guy just walked by and the troll at 1/2 hp ran over to attack him. Now, it seems to be based on who is doing the most damage but mages can get healing aggro. It also seems like big HP mobs like the Troll have an aggro reset pulse every 30 seconds or so. Right before wipe, I could hold aggro if I got like 3 sold headshots in with my Maul and then had people DPS, then pause for a bit, then go again when I felt I got another few more good headshots in. However, that aggro drop pulrse still remains, but I could get him right back with 1 good whack, then again have dps wait for a few hits before continuing. I play human BTW, so no threat increase but I do like 6-7% more damage than an Oghmir can and beingf tall I can more easily get head attacks in which helps. Due to size + talents I think Thursar would be the best tank for pure threat.

Exotik

Jan 23, 2022
Until VERY recently, aggro was based on who the mob saw last, they didn't even have to attack. We had Troll fights were some guy just walked by and the troll at 1/2 hp ran over to attack him. Now, it seems to be based on who is doing the most damage but mages can get healing aggro. It also seems like big HP mobs like the Troll have an aggro reset pulse every 30 seconds or so. Right before wipe, I could hold aggro if I got like 3 sold headshots in with my Maul and then had people DPS, then pause for a bit, then go again when I felt I got another few more good headshots in. However, that aggro drop pulrse still remains, but I could get him right back with 1 good whack, then again have dps wait for a few hits before continuing. I play human BTW, so no threat increase but I do like 6-7% more damage than an Oghmir can and beingf tall I can more easily get head attacks in which helps. Due to size + talents I think Thursar would be the best tank for pure threat.
Very good info, thank you.