Another take on heavy armor Balance

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Heavy Armor Balance is still a hot topic. A lot of different opinions and vastly different viewpoints.
I want to propose another idea on this. What if you would reduce the visibility with heavy armors. Like you are able to kinda see the helmet in first person and kinda limits your vision to the sides.
This would make nothing impossible what what you can do do right now, but everything would be a bit harder then it is now.

I can imagine a lot of people being against something like this. but i would like to know how many.

FML

Sep 20, 2022
I'm for and against the idea of limited visibility. I like the concept and I think it would make for some interesting immersive game play not being able to fully see your surroundings -- however, with the previous bug with shoulders blocking view, that was a real pain in the arse. I would go out on my springbok farming runs and not wear a lot of gear due to not being able to see my target which left me vulnerable to any attacks (there have been quite a few) when I was just farming. I'd be for this, if the equip time for gear was reduced, so I can leave off my gear when farming to see my prey better and re-equip my gear when going into combat.

Esproc

Jan 21, 2022
Meduli
I think in the end it would only end up with whatever head armor provided the most visibility is what everyone uses. Visibility is a high priority in PVP if the FOV slider went higher people would still max it.
Also for this to be fair all head slots would have to some visual obstruction hoods included.

Reactions: FML