Alchemy questions.

Tany

Mar 18, 2021
Started doing some random alchemy recently and I find it very interesting, although I couldn't understand some of the mechanics. All I want is to understand alchemy...I DON'T want recipes. Thank you for reading this!

I've seen some people doing alchemy mind-blast themselves....I concluded they must be doing so to see how much their hp pot heals for. But when you see the description of the pot, doesn't it say how much it heals for? Why do the mindblast thingy then? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
The mind blasting yourself is probably a relic from the original game where we only had a vague slider on the taste id bar to indicate potion strength so you'd blast yourself and then drink your tests. Now you can just look at the numbers and skip the blast and drink step

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I hope they will take Taste Identification into account like in MO1 to fix the visibility of the values from two digits to something with uncertainty. E.g. with low Taste Identification you see values like 0, 10, 20, ..., with higher skill 0,1,2,... and then steps of 0.1 and with 100 points in Taste Identification you can see the two digits. This skill is used for alchemy and cooking. But likewise the display should work for crafting skills of armor, weapons and bows.

Reactions: Golgotha