AFK PVE????

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Someone has to say it, why on earth after a decade of MO1 mining and woodcutting are the exact same copypaste thing in MO2. Mining and extracting are really rewarding things to do but they are absolutly based on timesink mechanics that force you to AFK.
The fact that you can't even look around when mining or woodcutting makes the task even harder.

I don't understand why after all this time we get the same AFK PVE from MO1. I really thought they would think this kind of shit by now.

Lets be honest, in mo1 at least you could muticlient with a single PC. Now either watch your character's ass mining or watch a movie, good game design 10/10 flawless immersive content.

• Angry
Reactions: Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Why on earth after a decade of MO1 mining and woodcutting are the exact same copypaste thing in MO2. Mining and extracting are really rewarding things to do but they are absolutly based on timesink mechanics that force you to AFK.
The fact that you can't even look around when mining or woodcutting makes the task even harder.

I don't understand why after all this time we get the same AFK PVE from MO1. I really thought they would think this kind of shit by now.
If you don't like it, don't do it. It's also barely AFK if you actually do it in the wild and efficiently.

There are facets of the game that appeal to different parts of the community. You just don't like having to mine or chop wood. So don't. Go hunt, or craft, or PvP.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If you don't like it, don't do it. It's also barely AFK if you actually do it in the wild and efficiently.

There are facets of the game that appeal to different parts of the community. You just don't like having to mine or chop wood. So don't. Go hunt, or craft, or PvP.

If being AFK mining is appealing to you be my guest, im unable to understand how much of a fanboi u gotta be to like the mining/woodcutting and extraction design which requires nothing but to push a single button every certain time. This is what i mean when progression and challenge equals to time sink mechanics for StarVault's brilliant design.

Theres no "barely afk" when u gotta stay still for 15m to mine a rock node roflmao. And yes at least in MO1 u only needed 1 PC or VM to run multiple clients and bypass t he "bored to death pve" by doing something else.

Hel Mora

Jan 21, 2022
Actually you are wrong. Yes its boring and bad gameplay for you but it doesnt mean other people arent enjoying it.
Im coming from EvE-Online. Mining over there was the most boring stuff i could imagine. But still a lot of friends of mine LOVED it.
They could do it for hours and chat on voice after coming home from work.

So just open up your mind. Some people do really like some weird stuff and its nothing wrong if a game offers things to do for different tastes.

Just to be clear. I also think its boring ;) and if there are just few people liking it there is nothing stopping SV to rework it later.
Its a small dev studio. You cant expect them to do everything at once. Even if its a new game.

Reactions: Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
If being AFK mining is appealing to you be my guest, im unable to understand how much of a fanboi u gotta be to like the mining/woodcutting and extraction design which requires nothing but to push a single button every certain time. This is what i mean when progression and challenge equals to time sink mechanics for StarVault's brilliant design.

Theres no "barely afk" when u gotta stay still for 15m to mine a rock node roflmao. And yes at least in MO1 u only needed 1 PC or VM to run multiple clients and bypass t he "bored to death pve" by doing something else.
I literally wish it took 15 minutes to do a rock, it isn't nearly that long. I thoroughly enjoy semi-afk tasks, and so do many others. I think you're missing the point I made. I am not a fanboy, I think SV does a lot of shit really backwards - this isn't one of them. You just don't like it.

Try sitting with yourself to understand that.