Adjust Alchemy/Cooking Ingredient Values to Make Value Changes More Noticeable

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah like I said. You might know how to make a potion in MO1 but if you think the HoT and DoT numbers are "not meant to be easy" as opposed to objectively bad, you either haven't tested the current system, are a straight up jerk who wants to ruin the game for incoming players, or both.

Sliders would be highly preferable for those two values.

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
Get out there and begin putting in the hours of testing now, so when they get rid of the numbers you are ready.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Given I have the numbers now, I retest those numbers on slider bars, create a system for converting sliders into numbers, then make it public. Not that hard. Sliders will be no challenge for me or anyone else if they make it back in. I look forward to it.

The current data I have is more than sufficient to make the virtual yardstick I'll need to get better numbers from sliders.

Last edited:
Reactions: NINEN

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
The alchemy system with sliders in MO1 was - in my opinion - not a good system since it was way hard to read the sliders without some kind of tool.
Furthermore, the whole arrow system connected with lores and so on was a mess and not intuitive for new players. They need to make some kind of introduction or a more intuitive interface.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The alchemy system with sliders in MO1 was - in my opinion - not a good system since it was way hard to read the sliders without some kind of tool.

Yeah, it's really just an extra step. But I could make a simple tool to do it in MS Paint. Paste in the slider under the yardstick tool, expand it until it's the proper size then, put the ends over the marks that denote the ends. Read the numbers on the yardstick tool, and done. Given I have data on armor, weapons, potions, food etc. all I have to do is compare my data on existing items against each other and then I can make the yardstick actually spit back proper numbers I can use to continue updating existing spreadsheets.

And that's the simple version. I might be able to piece together something that can actually read the numbers for you if you feed it a picture given a little time. I didn't know how to do drop-down menus, data verification or queries before I built this skill calculator and it primarily functions through the use of those tools. So I am absolutely capable of self-teaching myself this kind of stuff.

Given certain attitudes on these forums. I will absolutely make said tools public if sliders make it back in to make it easier for incoming players to compete with vets. Will be quite a laugh if all the talk of sliders being so "hardcore" is undone with a simple cut and paste tool available to everyone.

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
I could write a whole page about why sliders were and still are a terrible game mechanic, and I will if Henrik implements them again. I'll also bump the thread every day for a year.

Dec 10, 2020
I mean the current system works fine I think...I was able to find a lot using it. What this really underlines is the terrible state of HoT/PoT ingredients, especially right now.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Current system is good for everything but HoT/DoT. I think HoT/DoT are in less a bad place than they seem though. Multiplied out over a long enough duration they seem to have a good affect on total healing. The issue is you have to go back and look at MO1 data to find their multipliers reliably. I shouldn't have to look at old game data to find data for the new game. I realize that's some people's wet dream but it's straight bad game design.

If they would literally give us 1 more decimal place I could test this instead of speculating on it. Using the current system as it is now is a massive waste of ingredients to find any data, and the data found is so shoddy the first thing I would do after a fix is redo every test in my spreadsheets dealing with a HoT or DoT ingredient.

Reactions: Xunila