Add alternative Key Binds (more freedom for the Key assignments) (project polish suggestion))

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
What bothers me the most about this game is the lack of freedom in the key assignments.

In every other quality game you can bind alternative Hotkeys for all options as you can see in this screenshot !

unsorted Inventory.jpg

Here is an example why I consider this to be so important.

As a Necro you can cast while running. I have bound last Spell on R but if i run (with Shift + w) and press R my character does not cast the last Spell.
I have to stop moving, which i find really annoying ! I would bind last spell on R and on Shift R as an alternative so the last spell will work while running and while standing still !

I would mention 100 such examples.

I would like to block upwards on thump mouse 1 and block mid on thump mouse 2.
I would like to make an Overheadstrike with Q and thrust attack with Alt.

If we would get alternative Key assignments i could bind Overhead on Q and on Thump mouse 1 at the same time
and thrust attack on Alt and Thump Mouse 2

I always block with Q and Alt and only use the mouse to block right and left ! All players that uses the thrust and Overhead key for blocking and use the mouse to block right and left swings want an option to disable overhead and mid block on mouse movement, so you can only block right and left with your mouse to reduce imput errors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In out guild is someone with a trembling hand and one with gout. He can not perfectly move the mouse perfectly right and left,
but always pulls the mouse down a bit and getting imput errors all the day !

As someone who uses a bow and swords i cant properly aim with the bow ! The Mousespeed for the sword have to be high. Way to high to properly aim with the bow !

Give us a melee mouse sense and ranged weapon mouse sense !
Give us a vertical and horizontal mousesense. I would like to have my upwards down aiming lower then my vertical mousesense.
Players that played modern games liek battlefield are used to their mousesense and import the settings to other games, to not fuck up their muscle memory for other games they might play !

view.jpg

Give us the option to bind Walk Feint or other Keybinds on out mouse and mousewheel !

We need 1 additional Hotbar ! My char have Necromancy, Spiritism and Ecumenical Spells. I dont have Space for all my spells and Icons !

If i want to cast a sell on myself i press that specific assigned key and taget myself with R once the Spell is precasted, but if you use necro or spiritism spells (spells that can´t be precasted and hold) you have to cast the spell, cancel the spell and press last spell again, to cast it on yourself ! WHY THIS HAVE NOT BEN FIXED YET. THAT ARE GAME FOUNDATION BASICS !

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
What bothers me the most about this game is the lack of freedom in the key assignments.

In every other quality game you can bind alternative Hotkeys for all options as you can see in this screenshot !

View attachment 5029

Here is an example why I consider this to be so important.

As a Necro you can cast while running. I have bound last Spell on R but if i run (with Shift + w) and press R my character does not cast the last Spell.
I have to stop moving, which i find really annoying ! I would bind last spell on R and on Shift R as an alternative so the last spell will work while running and while standing still !

I would mention 100 such examples.

I would like to block upwards on thump mouse 1 and block mid on thump mouse 2.
I would like to make an Overheadstrike with Q and thrust attack with Alt.

If we would get alternative Key assignments i could bind Overhead on Q and on Thump mouse 1 at the same time
and thrust attack on Alt and Thump Mouse 2

I always block with Q and Alt and only use the mouse to block right and left ! All players that uses the thrust and Overhead key for blocking and use the mouse to block right and left swings want an option to disable overhead and mid block on mouse movement, so you can only block right and left with your mouse to reduce imput errors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In out guild is someone with a trembling hand and one with gout. He can not perfectly move the mouse perfectly right and left,
but always pulls the mouse down a bit and getting imput errors all the day !

As someone who uses a bow and swords i cant properly aim with the bow ! The Mousespeed for the sword have to be high. Way to high to properly aim with the bow !

Give us a melee mouse sense and ranged weapon mouse sense !
Give us a vertical and horizontal mousesense. I would like to have my upwards down aiming lower then my vertical mousesense.
Players that played modern games liek battlefield are used to their mousesense and import the settings to other games, to not fuck up their muscle memory for other games they might play !

View attachment 5033

Give us the option to bind Walk Feint or other Keybinds on out mouse and mousewheel !

We need 1 additional Hotbar ! My char have Necromancy, Spiritism and Ecumenical Spells. I dont have Space for all my spells and Icons !

If i want to cast a sell on me i press that specific assigned key and taget myself with R, but if you use necro or spiritism spells (spells that can´t be precasted and hold) you have to cast the spell, cancel the spell and press last spell to cast it on yourself ! WHY THIS HAVE NOT BEN FIXED YET. THAT ARE GAME FOUNDATION BASICS !

This is the main reason why players find the combat clunky and if you not feel
comfortable witht he keybinds many players stop playing.
Personally, I am someone who struggles with the keybinds and the mousesense for ages until everything feels familiar and good! Only then can the adventure can eb really enjoyed 100 % !

Henrick promised us such changes since alpha and the freedom in the settings counts like the tutorial for many players to the first important impressions about the game. Games with a lack of a certain freedom in the key assignments give the impression of a half-heartedly developed game.

That's why I would be very happy if you were led from the Turotial to the equipment vendor and had to use an ax to chop wood and not do this with a dagger or a pickaxe in the tutorial.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Feedback after Patch : It is very nice SV added the option to bind all attacks on different keybinds but they only made that for the attacks and not for blocking !

We need to get the option to bind the block directions on different keys aswell, because this would allow us to use the option attack modifiers charge attack and this would be a game changer.

Alternative key binds would be nice aswell

My favorite settings would be

Overhead block on Thump Mouse 1
Mid block on Thump Mouse 2
Q for overhead attack (attack modifier charge attack)
Alt for mid attack (attack modifier charge attack)
and the mouse to block and attack right and left (without attack modifiers charge attack)
+the option to turn off upper and mid block for mouse blocking, becuase i use Thump mouse 1 and 2

So plz make that possible !

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The ability to lock attacks is sorely missing. I like the arrows for fighting, but it's not impossible that I pull a thrust with an axe or something. It would be nice to be like NO THRUSTIN, etc. Was asking for that for awhile tho... NOBODY CARES. Gotta be a made man to make a fakn suggestion.

Reactions: Anabolic Man