A Tale of Two pings

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
I play with 180 ping on exit lag and i trade parrys fairly easily. Im sure its easier with less ping but rarely does a hit get thru that i feel that shouldn’t of.

I definitely don’t stack up to the best of the 1v1ers but mostly just because i wont ever get a hit through while they will every now and then.

Sep 11, 2021
Yeah, I have an average ping of 150 from the USA, and I'm questioning whether I'll stick to MO2 long-term because of it. I enjoy the game, but I shouldn't have to worry about ping when playing any game. There should be local servers.

Sep 11, 2021
Indeed there should. Alas there aren’t. As to why? Henrik is dumb and hard headed as a rock.

Literally most of the current server issues could be solved by regional servers. Queues, player load in distance, and ping... all easily solvable. Henrik being adamant about a singular shared world will kill this game.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Whats weird is when MO2 first came out I felt like ping and prediction were way less bad (as eastern US). Now IU ferel like bad prediction is back. Me and my friend keep prediction lagging through people and hitting each other then teleporting back behind the enemy like its MO1 lmao.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Whats weird is when MO2 first came out I felt like ping and prediction were way less bad (as eastern US). Now IU ferel like bad prediction is back. Me and my friend keep prediction lagging through people and hitting each other then teleporting back behind the enemy like its MO1 lmao.
When it came out I had 90 ping. I have 180 now. Check if it changed for you

Reactions: Jatix

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Teknique still crying on the forum instead of playing the game? shocker.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Teknique still crying on the forum instead of playing the game? shocker.
Literally no one knows who you are.

Your post is actually beyond stupid. I'm telling you from gameplay at both pings there's an issue, and your response is that i'm not playing?

I get that you're literally the most unintelligent cretin on this planet, with 0 self awareness, but there's no reason for you to vomit on your keyboard in my presence if you have any sense of what is good for you.

Reactions: night_vision_elf

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
We should just wait for sarducca to be NA ping and see what happens. The age old debate between EU 10 pingers and NA 100+ pingers will finally be squashed.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Having played with around 350 ping most of the time to trying out 15ping while in europe I can say that it is an entirely different game, having said that I know many Aussies that would love to have 150ping, what some don't understand is that ping doesn't just effect your ability to parry.

Ps. Pinging with command prompt does not give an accurate response time because it uses a different protocol.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
no matter the claim, EU has a significant advantage. Been proven multiple times that EU players get an extra 12 frames to block. Thats a big deal in a timing based game. The normalization doesnt work like you guys claim. NA have to block when the swing is being charged, EU can block when the weapon is swinging. AU has to predict the attack before its charged. Lmfao Much balance

Vaith

May 28, 2020
no matter the claim, EU has a significant advantage. Been proven multiple times that EU players get an extra 12 frames to block. Thats a big deal in a timing based game. The normalization doesnt work like you guys claim. NA have to block when the swing is being charged, EU can block when the weapon is swinging. AU has to predict the attack before its charged. Lmfao Much balance

Some guy who tested earlier got to this conclusion(pic below), if ur not playing at a esport level the difference between EU and NA means nothing, skill matters way more. I have duelled against really good EU players who flawlessed me and i can see how if you are NA in that sitiuation you start to look for excuses which lands in blaming ping.
1646047617371.png

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Some guy who tested earlier got to this conclusion(pic below), if ur not playing at a esport level the difference between EU and NA means nothing, skill matters way more. I have duelled against really good EU players who flawlessed me and i can see how if you are NA in that sitiuation you start to look for excuses which lands in blaming ping.
View attachment 3704

Might not be untrue, but a few things... 130 ping is a good NA tru ping.

Some people say that you can't tell the difference between res on cpus, that you can't tell the diff between lossless and mp3 audio, that the eye can only see x frames per second... and that may again be true for some people. However, the thing you're not accounting for is the back and forth which CAN make it seem like you are behind someone when, to them, you are not. Near 0 dmg parry is still the bane of the game, but the differences unfold over a series of actions. You don't have to be playing at esports level, you just have to be playing fast. Look at me moving around and playing like shit, but the ping starts to matter then. You are assuming everyone is playing in a V and focused on feints and parries. That might be the most meta way to play, but I reckon it would not be if the ping was good for everyone.

I dunno what esports level looks like but of the people I've seen (who prol have Euro Ping) both Wicked and PabloO are moving fast enough for ping to really matter. A lot of the other 'good players' play more slowly... which is smart given what you posted, but it is limiting the game. What I'm seeing in this is that you action is delayed double for NA and triple for AUS. haha. Remem, it goes for everything as well as parry. One can def last second parry on NA tho. But it's what is lost in the speed of a whole engagement.

- non toxic post -