a love hate relationship with bow crafting

DakuTatsu

Mar 28, 2021
so while on my own wild hunt to find the % stat increase per 1% via the slider

so here is what i found out so if you take the slider and go all the way to the left it stops at 5% that is all good BUT the slider has a oddity that made me quit on my idea of making my own crafting emulator and that is the slider has a sloppy play in it

if you go from 5% to 7% and do not go past it you get a 69.69 str but if you go past 7% and then go down to 7% and no lower you will get 70.04 str so a 0.35 slider sloppy play

my thought was if i could figure out the difference of stat increase from mo2 and mo1 i could just use the emulator and make a minor math edit and all would be good
XD

• Sad
Reactions: Rorry

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
I wish I could make a bow I like. As I have said before in other threads, I accidentally made a 62 Range & 90 STR Decurve Bow (Recurve wasn't available a couple of days ago) and the primary material (from the name) was Bone. No idea what the % was. I cannot find the recipe for it. I have had advice that a Greywood & Horn/Bone bow would be about right but no luck as yet because I don't know the % of materials. Someone said a Dapplewood & Molariom Recurve at 50% would also be ideal, but haven't been able to test that as I need Molarium. Maybe someone could try it and let me know Range/STR?

DakuTatsu

Mar 28, 2021

so here is what i found out so if you take the slider and go all the way to the left it stops at 5% that is all good BUT the slider has a oddity that made me quit on my idea of making my own crafting emulator and that is the slider has a sloppy play in it

if you go from 5% to 7% and do not go past it you get a 69.69 str but if you go past 7% and then go down to 7% and no lower you will get 70.04 str so a 0.35 slider sloppy play

my thought was if i could figure out the difference of stat increase from mo2 and mo1 i could just use the emulator and make a minor math edit and all would be good
XD
im maxed on lore and bow crafting

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
A weird thing happened... the game reset all my skill points and lost everything I owned. As mentioned a few posts up was that having been making really shitty bows up to now, I made a couple of Recurve Longbows to get my skill back. On my second try I made a 73.9 Range / 92.8 STR bow, whereas up to now using the same materials I was getting high 40's Range and silly strengths of 120+. Go figure.

For those frustrated like me the "recipe" is Recurve Longbow made with Horn + Dapplewood @ 50%

Last edited:

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021

XD

Haven't looked at bows yet, been working on trying to figure out weapons and armor.
It look like your getting a rounding error with the incremental changes of the materials.
You should just take 1 of each of the material the bow requires and attempt to craft the 7% bow setting the slider from each side.
Since you don't have the materials the game will just tell you the cost to craft.
I would expect that using the slider from above 7 and going down is using one more of one of the ingredients.

Reactions: DakuTatsu