A hireable stable boy who can be contacted via a carrier pigeon. (Quality of life suggestion)

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
@Henrik Nyström

How many new players died in the Jungle or somewhere where you can´t find a horse spawn, or you don´t have someone with you who can tame a horse. How many times your horse died and you had to destoy your goods from your pet bags, to be able to move.

I think we need a hireable stable boy and an NPC that sell carrier pigeons to contact him. If your horse die you should be able to contact your stable boy and he should deliver one of your horses from your stable to your location in the next 8-10 minutes. The horse should spawn behind you, to not break the immersion not seeing a rider delivering your horse. (like they did it in GTA)

Then you could take a cigarette break and continiue the adventure instead of getting frustrated, becuase you had to destoy your loot, sucide and spawn in town, becuase you have no taming. This would make the game so much more small group/solo player viable.
You wouldn't waste your time as much if something bad happend to your horse and it can quickly happen that the horse die under you ass, if you have ridden down a stone too hastily.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The second suggestion i want to make is primitive crafting without a workbench. Being able to survival craft arrows, a primitive bow (compareable to vendor bow) and a primitive woodcutting axe to farm some wood for survival-crafting would be awesome. The primitive wood cutter axe should give much less yield and it should take a while to gather enough wood to craft a bow, so you can't easily grief other players continuously after you died, but it should be possible, so you're not constantly being forced to go back to town when you run out of arrows, or if a part of the armor breaks. We should at least to be able to craft a primitive survival armor without a workbench from simple lether.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
No comment on that ? No solo players in the forum that bother to loose everything if your mount die, because noone pick up your stuff and you are to heavy to carry the stuff ? We need to be able to dig a loothole, so we can throw the stuff inside and come back later, (should least longer as a horse corpse), or we need a stable boy !

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
@Henrik Nyström

How many new players died in the Jungle or somewhere where you can´t find a horse spawn, or you don´t have someone with you who can tame a horse. How many times your horse died and you had to destoy your goods from your pet bags, to be able to move.

I think we need a hireable stable boy and an NPC that sell carrier pigeons to contact him. If your horse die you should be able to contact your stable boy and he should deliver one of your horses from your stable to your location in the next 8-10 minutes. The horse should spawn behind you, to not break the immersion not seeing a rider delivering your horse. (like they did it in GTA)

Then you could take a cigarette break and continiue the adventure instead of getting frustrated, becuase you had to destoy your loot, sucide and spawn in town, becuase you have no taming. This would make the game so much more small group/solo player viable.
You wouldn't waste your time as much if something bad happend to your horse and it can quickly happen that the horse die under you ass, if you have ridden down a stone too hastily.

Horses def need better draw distance. I just got done playing BDO and they got storage fairies... lol. This reminds me of that, trust me... we don't want it! It's like oh I forgot x upon leaving town -grabs thru fairy- if there was a bird that would lead to a horse spawn tho... lol. POINT ME TO THE NEAREST (x) spawn.

Edit: I know where horses are, I just need to find the actual spawn. lol I spend plenty of time wandering for them. Re: what I do when I lose my mount and am out walking around.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It's like oh I forgot x upon leaving town -grabs thru fairy- if there was a bird that would lead to a horse spawn tho... lol. POINT ME TO THE NEAREST (x) spawn.

this is not what i recommended.
I recommended a hireable stableboy, that bring you a new horse from your stable in the next 8-10 minutes, if you contact him with a carrier pigeon. Otherwise every solo player has to be a tamer and if the horse die you're overloaded and can't run to the next spawn to get a new horse.
Until then, the loot bag of your horse is mostly despawawned! Then you have wasted several hours of work and this frustrates the solo players.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I recommended a hireable stableboy, that bring you a new horse from your stable in the next 8-10 minutes, if you contact him with a carrier pigeon. Otherwise every solo player has to be a tamer and if the horse die you're overloaded and can't run to the next spawn to get a new horse.
Until then, the loot bag of your horse is mostly despawawned! Then you have wasted several hours of work and this frustrates the solo players.

Yea I read it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I rather see a bunch of wilderness fixed points of interest, like small camps with broker and equerry for people to deal their shit. I mean id like to see people travelling, transporting, selling, buying. I rather see a player tamer moving horses to a broker area instead of summoning npcs anywhere to get and instant horse. The pigeon detail is a nice touch to justify the action but i don't like it.

Travelling and getting horses should be part of an organic fabric made by players to supply eachother. I think having summoning npcs defeats player utility, and you wouldn't wanna do that on a game that 80% of the content is player interaction.

All systems and mechanics should be thought in terms of player interaction instead of npcs.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
We could defenetly need petbrokers that hopefully come with tc. But you are still overleaded if your horse die. Another solution would be the possebility to be able to dig 1 loothole per player, that look like a molehill and can be looted from other players. It shoudl function as a loot bag, but it should stay longer. Maybe for 1 h, so you can hide your loot and come back with a new horse. Otherwise you have to destoy the stacks and that sux !

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
We could defenetly need petbrokers that hopefully come with tc. But you are still overleaded if your horse die. Another solution would be the possebility to be able to dig 1 loothole per player, that look like a molehill and can be looted from other players. It shoudl function as a loot bag, but it should stay longer. Maybe for 1 h, so you can hide your loot and come back with a new horse. Otherwise you have to destoy the stacks and that sux !
Yeah i can see a satchel type of thing you could bury to hide loot being a good thing if item deletion is off the table. But it would make sense you would need a shovel to do it in a effective way or fast at least, but You should be able to do it bare hands aswell just at a higher time cost.
Timeframe before dissappearing should be somewhat short but not thaaat short i guess.
Then again i rather see other things being worked on.