5 minute Destroyed Items timer

Zandragal

Jan 24, 2022
Please add a 5-minute timer for destroyed items, causing any item destroyed within the last 5 minutes to still become lootable on the body. This removes the ability for people to destroy items in PvP and deny the aggressor their just desserts. Almost all modern PvP games have a function like this to avoid that conundrum.

Go forth and prosper.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Full support. So many little zerglings that get caught alone finally and just run away spam deleting everything.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
agreed. Would also be nice if you could drop loot while attacked if overencumbered. Maybe even just limit it to like granum and stuff. But really sucks when you're over-encumbered and someone attacks you. I know someone gonna be like well don't go over then. But sometimes you need to pick up a carcass to butcher and stuff

Reactions: CrgHck

Exetorius

Mar 11, 2022
To quote all the PvPers who tell carebears to stop crying after being run-down in the help chat “It’s part of the game, get used to it”

I do find it strange that rather than dropping items they just vanish into the air.. but on the point of preventing people taking things out of their bag/destroying items whilst being chased, I can think of a few things:
  1. If people didn’t just KOS the PvE players by default, they likely would be inclined to pay off the aggressor, kind of like tax/bribery or whatever you would like to call it so everyone gets something. Eventually this KOS mindset will keep making the PvE players find ever increasing crafty ways to prevent a ganker getting what they want - such as operating within city walls
  2. If someone unarmed is being chased by someone with clear intentions to kill, naturally they are going to deny them their ”just desserts” - why would they make it lucrative to be killed so the next person who seems them does the same thing? May as well walk round with a neon sign saying “I am a loot piñata” or not bother playing at all
I am not a carebear , nor am I a PvE player and nor do I sit within city walls but you cannot look at the game from the side of the aggressor only, not all players in the game want to do combat - doesn’t make it the wrong game for them, just means they want a different play style which is to try make profits and provide the other players with items etc so they can go out and do as they please.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Not all players in the game want to do combat - doesn’t make it the wrong game for them, just means they want a different play style which is to try make profits and provide the other players with items etc so they can go out and do as they please.
Then they can earn positive reputation amongst the community as traders to avoid being ganked by some. This game is just as much a social game, than it is a sandbox. Political silver tongue or even just being a neutral fair trader, can get you pretty far amongst groups.

Ichorus, Ruben and Kenvic1(Avatar) are some well known traders that people come across and won't kill, due to respect.
Recently, Me and my group were farming the forest troll, An Artisans group rolled up and could of ganked us while we were fighting the troll. They offered to help kill it instead, which we declined. We could of turned on them, but we didn't due to the fact they respected our space. The fact Artisans didn't go against their word and proved they were a true Neutral trade guild, made me decide to let them pass and not kill them, if I come across them in the world, unless they attack me or my group.

Deleting items in PvP situations, affects the risk vs reward element and also negatively impacts supply and demand. Understandable if the game allows them to do it, they will. But it's still a scummy thing to do(like combat logging is) and should be patched.

Reactions: Exetorius

Exetorius

Mar 11, 2022
Then they can earn positive reputation amongst the community as traders to avoid being ganked by some. This game is just as much a social game, than it is a sandbox. Political silver tongue or even just being a neutral fair trader, can get you pretty far amongst groups.

Ichorus, Ruben and Kenvic1(Avatar) are some well known traders that people come across and won't kill, due to respect.
Recently, Me and my group were farming the forest troll, An Artisans group rolled up and could of ganked us while we were fighting the troll. They offered to help kill it instead, which we declined. We could of turned on them, but we didn't due to the fact they respected our space. The fact Artisans didn't go against their word and proved they were a true Neutral trade guild, made me decide to let them pass and not kill them, if I come across them in the world, unless they attack me or my group.

Deleting items in PvP situations, affects the risk vs reward element and also negatively impacts supply and demand. Understandable if the game allows them to do it, they will. But it's still a scummy thing to do(like combat logging is) and should be patched.

Oh yeah its definitely scummy, but I get the thought process is what I am saying. They wanna make themselves a less attractive candidate for killing. There’s likely better ways it can be handled and I feel loot destruction is a bit meh, how does one make 10k wood vanish into thin air? Books I can understand cos you could rip them up

Personally if I’m out farming/gathering I am neutral unless provoked, but I will stand my ground to the best of my ability and defend myself & my loot and to the victor go the spoils. I used to play Eve the same way and it makes for a super exhilarating gameplay, especially if you turn a bad situation into a good one!

I love the reputation system and would love a great rep myself in game (ign is different cos I re-rolled big scary female but hey ho!) I agree with all you said, every play session for me is like playing a new game and I create a story each time I play, even if it is just a “oh today I went from point a to b”