2H Sword Balance

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Remove half of the Blunt from 2H swords and add it to Slash. The meta should not revolve around 2H sword because of their Blunt damage being as high as it is.

P.S. Increase weight of Heavy Great Blade, it shouldn't be lighter weight than a 1-H axe.

Lucina

Feb 10, 2022
Yeah, no. Just so you know, this is never going to happen. I'm sorry you keep dying to sword users, get better with the weapon you are using and combat.

Reactions: Tiberius

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
The meta doesn't evolve around 2H sword due to blunt damage. It revolves around it because it's the most versatile melee weapon. Either learn to play better with your current weapon, or find something that works better for you.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
90% of people I've fought have used swords. For some reason, kids think they arent all using something because its OP. If it wasnt actually jsut better than everything else, there would be more variety.

Yeah, no. Just so you know, this is never going to happen. I'm sorry you keep dying to sword users, get better with the weapon you are using and combat.
Like this guy. Swords are the easiest and most consistent melee weapon, hands down. They are the best and it makes perfect sense that people are using them. But they shouldnt just deny that its the best weapon.

Reactions: Baque and Evelyn

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People use 2h swords because its easier to use. The hit box is the best in game to not get handle hits. Axes are so much better damage wise but its so much on a nuisance to hit a player with a axe compared to sword which will almost never get handle hits and will also swing and recover after attacks faster.

Reactions: Red Wolf

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Spot the noobs that don't know lowering slash and increasing blunt will make you take less damage from swords. Guard Fur being the most valuable backing is a direct result of this balance issue. Silk and Ironsilk have higher slash but are irrelevant as using fur will still be higher defense versus a 2h sword.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
90% of people I've fought have used swords. For some reason, kids think they arent all using something because its OP. If it wasnt actually jsut better than everything else, there would be more variety.

Like this guy. Swords are the easiest and most consistent melee weapon, hands down. They are the best and it makes perfect sense that people are using them. But they shouldnt just deny that its the best weapon.
99% of MO2s playerbase are lazy. They want to be good without needing to train, that is why this game is so easy.
They want the most output for the least effort like the peasants they are.

Now since 99% of the playerbase cant get dmg output with 99% of the weapons due to them handle hitting alot more then swords then obviously swords will be the meta for the peasant class which is 99% of the community as is seen in the quality of the MO2 combat and how shat ewasy it became after said lazy peasants made it rot bu brown nosing Henriks arse.
Sad state of affairs but reality is reality sadly.

Now if you do train a slight bit then there are a plethora of weapons way better then swords but they need a good deal more training time which again lazy peasants wont force themselves to do. Humanity at its finest...

Reactions: Jatix and Kelzyr

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I played every weapon, and I always end up by switching back to swords 😄 great hitbox, great damage, great speed. Spears are decent 2 but if people wear good armor ( steel +) they start fall off.
all weapons are viable for sure, but sword feels like the best for me

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Spot the noobs that don't know lowering slash and increasing blunt will make you take less damage from swords. Guard Fur being the most valuable backing is a direct result of this balance issue. Silk and Ironsilk have higher slash but are irrelevant as using fur will still be higher defense versus a 2h sword.

Silk and ironsilk also have higher piercing than every other material until you get up to scale with lower weight than both those material categories (fur and leather). They're absolutely top tier for certain roles that don't engage in melee as often.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Silk and ironsilk also have higher piercing than every other material until you get up to scale with lower weight than both those material categories (fur and leather). They're absolutely top tier for certain roles that don't engage in melee as often.
No.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
If this was implemented the meta around weapons would change in a positive way. Axes and maces are less used than spears and swords, mainly because of the speed and style of swinging to get around blocks, due to the ease of connecting hits with these two weapons. If there was more incentives to get better with axes and maces then you'd see diversity in weapons more than we see now.

This would be a decent change but overall I think weapon styles/moves would be much better for increasing the weapon types people use. Imagine axes giving a bleed dot on hit when an active is used. Endless possibilities.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
sounds like people dont like the new materials / armors with good pierce res lol

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
99% of MO2s playerbase are lazy. They want to be good without needing to train, that is why this game is so easy.
They want the most output for the least effort like the peasants they are.

Now since 99% of the playerbase cant get dmg output with 99% of the weapons due to them handle hitting alot more then swords then obviously swords will be the meta for the peasant class which is 99% of the community as is seen in the quality of the MO2 combat and how shat ewasy it became after said lazy peasants made it rot bu brown nosing Henriks arse.
Sad state of affairs but reality is reality sadly.

Now if you do train a slight bit then there are a plethora of weapons way better then swords but they need a good deal more training time which again lazy peasants wont force themselves to do. Humanity at its finest...

99% of your post is exaggeration

• Haha
Reactions: ThaBadMan

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Of course its a tradeoff, could be more rewarding and balanced. Generally ironsilk is slightly lighter than guardfur with same piercing and lesser slashing and blunt, on a mola set can be around 2kg weight difference which may be a good way to adjust weights for non high armor builds.

Making a mix of armor types and or materials Is a good way to be somewhat specific on type of damage distribution and armor weight.

But yeah like i said, material stats could be more rewarding on their particular stats and weights such as armors. Right now theres a Lil gap in stats on mid-low tier backing mats which Is cool for balancing combat and gear crutch. Shits straightforward, highest weights highest overall stats.

Last edited:

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Of course its a tradeoff, could be more rewarding and balanced. Generally ironsilk is slightly lighter than guardfur with same piercing and lesser slashing and blunt, on a mola set can be around 2kg weight difference which may be a good way to adjust weights for non high armor builds.

Making a mix of armor types and or materials Is a good way to be somewhat specific on type of damage distribution and armor weight.

But yeah like i said, material stats could be more rewarding on their particular stats and weights such as armors. Right now theres a Lil gap in stats on mid-low tier backing mats which Is cool for balancing combat and gear crutch. Shits straightforward, highest weights highest overall stats.
People don't like the fact the least skilled melee weapon and zerging with bows is less effective with these new armor and materials. It's just best to ignore these type of players. They'll roll mage in a week.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Rhias

May 28, 2020
While I agree that swords should mainly do slash damage and hardly any blunt damage I don't think that it will have any significiant impact on the sword meta.

IMHO the 2h sword meta main reasons are fast attack speed, low handle hit chance & 4 attack directions.