2 Characters

Truearrow

Apr 6, 2022
I am a old UO Vet and also a MO1 Vet alot of years of exp.My opinion thats all this is i hope the team reads this i think this game is a stand alone great game I tried New World Myth of Empires only game that held my interest like UO and MO1 was ARK and that was because there was always something to do and accomplish. I sincerely hope you add another char for us to play it would add years i to my play time. Thats it and Thank you for bringing MO2 to us. Truearrow

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Truearrrow. Sounds so familiar…….Is this PoisonArrows new account after getting… how shall we put it…..sent to the principal’s office?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I am a old UO Vet and also a MO1 Vet alot of years of exp.My opinion thats all this is i hope the team reads this i think this game is a stand alone great game I tried New World Myth of Empires only game that held my interest like UO and MO1 was ARK and that was because there was always something to do and accomplish. I sincerely hope you add another char for us to play it would add years i to my play time. Thats it and Thank you for bringing MO2 to us. Truearrow

No.

The only way I would be cool with 2 characters is if this list of things is done first.

- Characters on an account are linked by reputation and unable to join other guilds. So if one character is a murderer, guess what your other character is a murderer. If one character is in X guild well so is your other one.

- Second character is unable to trade to the first character. This means no crafting for yourself ignoring the market.

- Second character must be the same race as your first or in the same racial family. If your first is a Human they can only be human or Thursar. If your first character is an Oghmir, well guess what oghmir is your second.. and so on. Sorry no crazy mixed families in Nave.

Reactions: Atom

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
No.

The only way I would be cool with 2 characters is if this list of things is done first.

- Characters on an account are linked by reputation and unable to join other guilds. So if one character is a murderer, guess what your other character is a murderer. If one character is in X guild well so is your other one.

- Second character is unable to trade to the first character. This means no crafting for yourself ignoring the market.

- Second character must be the same race as your first or in the same racial family. If your first is a Human they can only be human or Thursar. If your first character is an Oghmir, well guess what oghmir is your second.. and so on. Sorry no crazy mixed families in Nave.
I agree. But trading directly between characters wouldn't be possible anyway because they would be on the same account and you wouldn't be able to log in twice on same account. Maybe mailing items but that'd already be a pita. You also couldn't prevent another player taking the goods and passing them on.
I absolutely agree with the principle of not allowing an account to be too self sufficient, tho.

Reactions: Hodo

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I'm thinking about it and my solution to the crafting/trade issue would be this:

You have to nominate one of the characters to be the primary.
You can change the primary but there is a cool down of 1-2 weeks or whatever before you can change again.
The primary character has full and unlimited functionality.
The secondary character only has access to action skills and crafting is locked.
You can swap a character to primary and level up professions etc but you can't use both character professions at the same time.

This solution would allow you to enjoy the different combat experience of two separate characters without negatively impacting professions and trade.

Reactions: Hodo

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I'm thinking about it and my solution to the crafting/trade issue would be this:

You have to nominate one of the characters to be the primary.
You can change the primary but there is a cool down of 1-2 weeks or whatever before you can change again.
The primary character has full and unlimited functionality.
The secondary character only has access to action skills and crafting is locked.
You can swap a character to primary and level up professions etc but you can't use both character professions at the same time.

This solution would allow you to enjoy the different combat experience of two separate characters without negatively impacting professions and trade.

I like this switching between characters with cooldown period idea. That does feel like something star vault might seriously consider doing.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I like this switching between characters with cooldown period idea. That does feel like something star vault might seriously consider doing.
You would be able to play either character at any time and try different combat types. That's something I think players would really like. I know I would.
I hope they read this and have a think about it 🙂

Shivs Banger

Feb 25, 2022
no option to try different play styles and races without deleting your current progress is an obvious reason why players will not try this game or at least not keep playing it.
As to worries about crafting being devalued, already is, any group of players will be crafting for each other, the idea of making a life being a freelance crafter in a town is a pipe dream whether players have one slot or five.

Also with the world so big, the ability to have multiple characters around the world, so if one spot is boring, then log on somewhere else and have fun.

The one suggestion above I like, is have reputation, including murder counts, shared between all characters on account, red on one, red on all.

Last edited:

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022

I think we all like to try new things and if we don't like something new... It'll be nice to jump back to something you're familiar with for fun.
I do generally like the idea of a single character but I also recognise the want to try other stuff our without having to 'give up' something I know I enjoy for... say... Trying taming and then hating the AI and losing enjoyment in MO until I grind my old 'role' back up again.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

1 of the realest dudes. Hard as fuck, experienced, not bothered by BS.

WE MISS YOU IN ETERNAL ALREADY.

Edit: @ jack you really don't remem true from MO1? :eek: