0 skill builds with 0 risk

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
Why are you able to run mage builds with 3 dire wolves out at once?

Tamed pets don’t stam out

Dire wolves move quicker than any unmonted character

Dire wolves hit for up to and over 20 damage

Dire wolves attack multi directional

If you overcome the odds and kill these absolute scrubs playing this build, you get absolutely fuck all. Because they are in full grain leather and their weapon skins for about 800 guard fur in total.

Why can 1 single person have 3 out at once? 2 is too many

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
what is crazy is that we saw this in MO1 with overpowered pets, and SV are enabling this scroach mechanic in MO2 even though they witnessed first hand the damage it caused without proper maintenance.

Come on SV wake up. If you are going to allow a passive mechanic to be more powerful than anything skill based in pvp then you need to add some obtainable risk for the challenger. It’s not enough to argue that “ah geez it took me 2 hours to tame and level up the dire wolves”. That’s no good to me when I am actually risking gear vs. Some scrub in leather doing 60+ damage every second in every direction. PASSIVELY

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I have no idea why they changed pet points from MO1. MO1 you needed lores and Adv cc to haev 1 maxed pet. now you can have 3 for some stupid reason. and in MO2 mobs are faster and can actually hit moving targets.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
Sadly we are waiting on several things to be added to the game to fine tune most systems. Pets currently suck due to the lack of pet armor, natural armor and breeding/specialization stats. The reason they can have so many is likely to offset how shit they are individually. since those other systems are nowhere in site.

Also it's a problem of design since mages outside of the extreme examples cannot 1v1 content (Now with combat casting I think mages are in a better spot) Go to MO1 and without maxing your skills, you destroy walkers in 1-3 hits with fireball. Come to Mo2 and outburst cannot kill undead unless your maxed out. Spells are balanced for PVP rather than PVE content and it shows. Since most mobs have at min 120hp (Bandits) and 300+ (Sators) With some just being beafcakes 800+ (Minotaurs) you deal about the same dmg to players as you do non-players.

This also applies to healing. They took away healing bonus for animal lores but kept the DPS bonus, so if they did nerf back to 1 pet most Tamers/Dominators would quit again. If a mage healspams to keep their pet alive, they lose that race against most NPCs and players.

We didn't get elementalism for more than a day or two and hardly anyone was able to cast the spells before the dark weekend. So currently this is relevant. Might not be later on. So tamers might get nerfed depending on how good ele is heal wise or buffs.

Starvualt need some serious polish to fix this problem.

TL&DR: Mage balance is busted atm and SVs fix is giving them pets for 400+ skill points or mounted mage. it's not a good solution.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Already fighting a single pet, while the palyer attack you is very hard for me.
and then adding towershields which made some builds totally OP....

Starvault still has some fine tuning to do.
Some tamed pets, of which you can take several, should only perform medium attacks in tamed form.

Also diversionary maneuvers could be a solution, but the corresponding animations would be needed for that. E.g. throwing down a piece of meat, whereby the tamer temporarily loses control over the animals, as they pounce on the meat.

The same would also be conceivable with zombies. Everyone knows the puke pot from LFD2.

P1040017.jpg

Swords of silver might counter undead creatures.

As far as I'm concerned, the tamers can do some damage in order to be able to do PVE with these creatures, but you always need some counters.

This would also increase the fun of playing a Necros, since such a counter would allow the zombies to be spawned in a controlled form, or controll undead could be turned into an AOE spell.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree that multiple high level pets shouldn't be possible.

Having said that, i do believe that steel and better armour reduces pet damage by a lot. Of course mages and hybrids cant really benefit from that.

Also BM does have risks. Pets are time consuming to tame and level. Once they are dead they are gone for good. You do have to sacrifice substantial amount of fighting skills to get full BM. Pets are useless vs mounteds and there is no way to stop people from attacking your pets.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Its not like they haven't had plenty of time and opportunities to fix this already. But I am sure they will fix it. Any day now.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I agree that multiple high level pets shouldn't be possible.

Having said that, i do believe that steel and better armour reduces pet damage by a lot. Of course mages and hybrids cant really benefit from that.

Also BM does have risks. Pets are time consuming to tame and level. Once they are dead they are gone for good. You do have to sacrifice substantial amount of fighting skills to get full BM. Pets are useless vs mounteds and there is no way to stop people from attacking your pets.

you know all those kids who lost their pets to ogh. It's not still like that? I think it is, tho, esp if you got some other nublord on you attacking/casting as well. But yea those little things, haha. I mean, I think it's cool tbh. I think they should balance it and leave it in. People been griefing MO. If someone wants to be a wolf lord... some one in duli's name is LupusRegina haha... it's like go for it. It'll be fun to stop by and knock off your pets while you are leveling them or while you are trying to get them/bringing them back if you ever put that shit on me.

I think that is one of the core problems with MO. I do think pets have been massively OP and you can level your pets in a large structure (which should be nerfed!), but a lot of people focus on MO pvp as an occurrence. Like, people who came out with high lvl tups. I wasn't here for OP Tup Era, being real, I was in the background laughing. But, you know how easy it would be to shut down that playstyle in an actual long term competition? Way easier than it would be to prevent people from gearing up fighters.

Cuz, I mean, the game isn't even balanced. I mean I could end it there, but... the game isn't even balanced on team fights, it should be balanced on attrition of multiple team fights. That's why FF are always valuable. In this game w/ bows, mounts are food to FF, and you can glitch out spawns still. It still comes down to the basic shit, altho people do have stuff stored of course, by now.

But yea let people heave their cheezy wolf or bb bear build... just make it more balanced. There is always a chance you get hard countered by that build. Like a mage is dun v that. Every time. It's whatever tho.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
the classic alvarin tamer-fighter and tamer-mage will always be the most low effort and overpowered builds in the game, since the dawn of time.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
tamed/dominated pets should be slower than the slowest player in game. make them stronger and buff they Hp, pets should be good in pve and suck in pvp. give players a chance to run away from pets or fight them

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
tamed/dominated pets should be slower than the slowest player in game. make them stronger and buff they Hp, pets should be good in pve and suck in pvp. give players a chance to run away from pets or fight them

you make lowkey good suggestions. At least they are fundamentally sound. If you slowed them down to a speed where they could apply pressure and be powerful in PvE, that would be good. It wouldn't make up for them not having stam... but it'd help a lot to be able to run. STILL THEY'D CATCH YOU. Haha this is some MO1 knowledge, they get you eventually. In the water, whatever. Like zombies.

They shouldn't have multi directional attacks either (vs players) IMO lol. But the relentlessness of pets is what makes them so OP cuz a strong pet like a snapper isn't really good in pvp (afaik? wasn't before.)

I still support pets, tho, unfort. haha. The game doesn't need to have less content. The only content they should remove is THE ETHERWORLD.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
just think about it, slow pet and buff hp, tamers are happy and pvper wont be mad. (especially 123dex veelas).

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
just think about it, slow pet and buff hp, tamers are happy and pvper wont be mad. (especially 123dex veelas).
having pets being able to sticky back players (even veelas) was the most braindead decision from Henrik yet. But for some retards everything is ok because their 1 button heat seeking missile pets with no stam get rekt by Mounted MAs. Unbalanced? Just be a mounted MA bro

Reactions: Highlander