MO 2 world map

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I already notice that the map is somewhat incorrect in the East area. I already recorded the path in preperation for a next map Version. Just wasn't motivated to update it so far.

Edit: Update it on main post. There is still one lakie missing somewhere south of Tephra Crater...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vagrant

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
wait what?!

SV has never stated that they will absolutely not have a map in game. People have been quoting @Henrik Nyström where we is loudly thinking about having a skill that allows you automatically draw a map ingame. @Sebastian Persson has stated on Steam that he would like to have a map.

I started a map project a while back but abandoned it after finding all this. Again, if SV does not clearly say that that there won´t be an in-game map putting work into a very accurate map is wasted. Anything that is made SV and uses actual data from the game will be more accurate than what we can do without exploits.

I wish SV would state just very clearly what they intend to do. It´s not black magic. Pick a design road and stick with it.

Reactions: Putzin

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
SV has never stated that they will absolutely not have a map in game. People have been quoting @Henrik Nyström where we is loudly thinking about having a skill that allows you automatically draw a map ingame. @Sebastian Persson has stated on Steam that he would like to have a map.

I started a map project a while back but abandoned it after finding all this. Again, if SV does not clearly say that that there won´t be an in-game map putting work into a very accurate map is wasted. Anything that is made SV and uses actual data from the game will be more accurate than what we can do without exploits.

I wish SV would state just very clearly what they intend to do. It´s not black magic. Pick a design road and stick with it.

i guess Henrik is sticking with the original design which had Cartography in the skill list...

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Probably one at such locations as there are one at the pig farm, Fab tower and Minos aswell.

I think it would be better if the priest are between "sites of interest" and cities. Having them directly next to the dungeon will make priest camping extremely easy. I guess you could have both, but then you increase the density of priests.

Ultimately the current set up was just thrown out without any major thought. So it wouldn´t surprise me if it stays for the next 10 years.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
We will need more priests than we have now. There are places that you have no hope of getting back to your loot if you die to fall damage, etc. It will be really hard on all those exploring newbs.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
We will need more priests than we have now. There are places that you have no hope of getting back to your loot if you die to fall damage, etc. It will be really hard on all those exploring newbs.

Well, it should be hard. It´s a hardcore game. Players should be careful and should think about what they are doing.

Increase the loot bag timer and add a widget that shows when your bag despawns instead. Give players tools to handle difficulty rather than just removing it.

Reactions: Ministro

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
There is a difference between difficulty and impossibility, I guess. I agree with you in general. I also want there to be many newbs out in the world exploring and farming.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I think it would be better if the priest are between "sites of interest" and cities. Having them directly next to the dungeon will make priest camping extremely easy. I guess you could have both, but then you increase the density of priests.

Ultimately the current set up was just thrown out without any major thought. So it wouldn´t surprise me if it stays for the next 10 years.
Very true, also with the bigger world theres need for even more priests spread out imo.

Reactions: Rorry