We need dark grim atmosphere in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
bright and friendly is good but the dark locations are too friendly right now. add partly distance fog, mist, sand dust and constantly bad weather in these regions for example. clouds could play a bigger role in coloring that means a gray tone when its cloudy and depending on the color of the clouds and daytime.
morrowind:
morrowind65.png

Last edited:

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
The best example is Candy Gaul Khor. I believe it is as it is, because its still all in alpha and it will be all made more grim in nearest future

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
agreed. I think Henrik said there will be many biomes now so everywhere is gonna look different. We will see how it all plays out. I do like the grim look much more as well...at least in certain places.
New players may not see rainbows and unicorns and quit, not consistent with the vision.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
That's one thing about MO1 I really liked in the early days, the grim and gritty look and feel. I wasn't a huge fan of the lighting, armor and character model overhaul, made things seems a little too generic fantasy with the vibrance.

I was a little disappointed seeing MO2 take a more cleaner rout, with vibrant colors.

Reactions: Eldrath

huckbuck

Nov 8, 2020
This was the vibe that drew me to MO1

The realistic color scheme (not bright and colorful but not dark or sepia / grey) with the subtle aura of wonder. When you say "dark grim atmosphere" it makes me think of something a little too on the nose edgy fantasy, but that may well not be what you have in mind. The video you posted show Herabalter, and that should indeed be a desolate and severe place, which, I agree should also hold true for GK.

So my position would be to agree with you, for certain areas. For most cities, especially Fab and Kranesh (and Tindrem castle) I feel they edge towards almost cartoony cliché styles and wish they would just tone them down a little, and give them some more character.

I think the environment looks really nice in general, maybe a touch too saturated at times, but I prefer that to everything being sepia like in the Porto Majora scene in the vid you posted. (That old high contrast skybox was great though)

Reactions: Saphirix
Status
Not open for further replies.