Will necromancy have DKs again

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
I have tried asking Henrik during his streams many times whether the DKs will make a comeback with necromancy and he has avoided the question every time, answering my other questions that I ask in the same sentence, etc.

Henrik talked about how with necromancy you will be able to make undead trolls. Lmao.

DK's being absolutely, completely broken in MO1 was probably one of the only things the whole community agreed on. If stuff like DK's or other similar broken skilless garbage makes a comeback with necromancy, I am fairly sure it will be the last nail in the coffin for MO2 in regards to the PvP player base. People are already tired of the terrible balancing in the game, EXTREMELY zerg friendly combat system and mechanics, and in general anti-PvP direction of the game.

I know there are many people who are in the same boat. SV loves braindead pets being overpowered. We still have terror birds and white bears running around being juggernauts. What will an "undead troll" look like? What about when domination finally gets fixed?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Death Knights will be in, but this time they will be totally balanced. Also breeding will be in and it will be totally balanced. No OP tank horses or anything. After that the new continent will be added completely bug free. Also the siege system will be completely sensible and fair, with no ninja sieging or any exploitable bug whatsoever.

This i swear for Henrik, because he is such a pal. Double pinky swear.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Death Knights will be in, but this time they will be totally balanced. Also breeding will be in and it will be totally balanced. No OP tank horses or anything. After that the new continent will be added completely bug free. Also the siege system will be completely sensible and fair, with no ninja sieging or any exploitable bug whatsoever.

This i swear for Henrik, because he is such a pal. Double pinky swear.

Daddy Henrik has this under control. No problem.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Considering like 99% of features are directly copied from MO1... yes. I mean it wouldn't kill them to make some changes from MO1 but they seem really hellbent on just recreating it with better graphics

Reactions: ThaBadMan and cerqo

Rhias

May 28, 2020
In the video of Wolfszeit Henrik basically answered the DK question indirectly.
You will have a ritual where you put carcass in. Depending on the types of carcass you use a certain undead creature will be summoned. e.g. bear carcass will lead to a undead bear or troll carcass to an undead troll.
And he said human carcass will result in a walker.
Minute 5:14 of:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Considering like 99% of features are directly copied from MO1... yes. I mean it wouldn't kill them to make some changes from MO1 but they seem really hellbent on just recreating it with better graphics
Yeah, the game literally feels like MO1 when the population was low and you had to force yourself to find things to do. Now we have better graphics, but way less "features". I'm still torn between if that is a good or bad thing.

I mean this is literally the MO1 process all over again. We are being told they learned so much from their mistakes. Yet they shit the bed with the launch and Henrik is talkin about boats and shit on Stream. Meanwhile there is a queue for this massive fucking map that can only hold 2000ish players and 500 mobs. But hey, at least they are working on SaRduCca amirite?

and yeah man you know necro pets are gonna be busted as fuck. If it does good damage its gonna be busted. Because pets are a copy paste of MO1 with no stamina and the classic "one button to kill".

Also, why do we still have 360 degree blocking?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah, the game literally feels like MO1 when the population was low and you had to force yourself to find things to do. Now we have better graphics, but way less "features". I'm still torn between if that is a good or bad thing.

I mean this is literally the MO1 process all over again. We are being told they learned so much from their mistakes. Yet they shit the bed with the launch and Henrik is talkin about boats and shit on Stream. Meanwhile there is a queue for this massive fucking map that can only hold 2000ish players and 500 mobs. But hey, at least they are working on SaRduCca amirite?

and yeah man you know necro pets are gonna be busted as fuck. If it does good damage its gonna be busted. Because pets are a copy paste of MO1 with no stamina and the classic "one button to kill".

Also, why do we still have 360 degree blocking?
360 degree blocking wasn't there during some time of the beta and it felt bad because people stabbed you in the back even through they looked on your screen like they were in front of you. You can turn your camare that fast, the sync between the clients can't keep up with it.

Necro pets will use petpoints and therefore a character will need necro + cc + acc. That's already an improvement to MO1. No longer builds which sacrificed 100 primary points but still had a max level necro pet. They were the worst in MO1 IMHO. A huge DK and a full foot fighter in a Tungsteel armor...

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
360 degree blocking wasn't there during some time of the beta and it felt bad because people stabbed you in the back even through they looked on your screen like they were in front of you. You can turn your camare that fast, the sync between the clients can't keep up with it.

Necro pets will use petpoints and therefore a character will need necro + cc + acc. That's already an improvement to MO1. No longer builds which sacrificed 100 primary points but still had a max level necro pet. They were the worst in MO1 IMHO. A huge DK and a full foot fighter in a Tungsteel armor...
Right, but 360 blocking was before ping normalization iirc. Ping normalization was supposed to make it so we didn't need 360 blocking anymore...or so I thought.

Regardless, it needs to go now. Melee combat is in a bad spot imo.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I have tried asking Henrik during his streams many times whether the DKs will make a comeback with necromancy and he has avoided the question every time, answering my other questions that I ask in the same sentence, etc.

Henrik talked about how with necromancy you will be able to make undead trolls. Lmao.

DK's being absolutely, completely broken in MO1 was probably one of the only things the whole community agreed on. If stuff like DK's or other similar broken skilless garbage makes a comeback with necromancy, I am fairly sure it will be the last nail in the coffin for MO2 in regards to the PvP player base. People are already tired of the terrible balancing in the game, EXTREMELY zerg friendly combat system and mechanics, and in general anti-PvP direction of the game.

I know there are many people who are in the same boat. SV loves braindead pets being overpowered. We still have terror birds and white bears running around being juggernauts. What will an "undead troll" look like? What about when domination finally gets fixed?

There will always be pvpers in MO, lol. Even if it's ruled by pets. But yea as for integrity of the game, it sucks. I feel like... pets should def be in the game and worth something, but while I am full of ideas, it's hard to wrap my head around how to 'balance' pets for pvp.

Visionary necromancy is simple. I take this from old skool Diablo and a bit of Guild Wars 1. When nobody is dead, you have things like CURSES, DEGEN, LIFE STEAL, when things are dead, you have the ability to exploit said corpses w/ stuff that affects the battle field, healing wells, damage wells, explosions??

As for minions, I have always been a fan of them, but I also understand the goal of a minion mancer is to raise hordes of shortlived undead. Which, unfortunately, is never that effective in pvp. Same w/ pets, no idea how to balance that for pvp. I would take it for pve tho and get the rest of the stuff for pvp.

To me, I felt like Necro was so stupid and locked behind grind in MO1 that I, basically a necro main (like anti-support, uhhh what's the word, suppression?) never even messed w/ it. I dislike systems that require huge investment and end up being OP. Why can't every school be more or less balanced like ecu price wise and just have different effects? Trust me, I could make it work w/o OP spells, as long as they had some use. AND it would be FUN for me. I love influencing battles with dynamic effects, which is kinda imo, the point of necro in games.

Edit:

In the video of Wolfszeit Henrik basically answered the DK question indirectly.
You will have a ritual where you put carcass in. Depending on the types of carcass you use a certain undead creature will be summoned. e.g. bear carcass will lead to a undead bear or troll carcass to an undead troll.
And he said human carcass will result in a walker.
Minute 5:14 of:

behhhh. I feel like necro summoning should be limited to battle field where there are freshly dead corpses. Of course, you can exploit this and die to raise your own things, but the pets shouldn't last long enough for that to be a thing. Way 2 fuk up necro henrik.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
DKs is our former necromancy problem, this time around wait for the NEXT GENERATION necromancy pets with improved graphics and chain attacks coupled with stuns and corrupting rot breath! Coming to a MO2 expansion near you! Pre order now for $99.99 and receive a limited timed bonus of poison cloud effect on your chosen necro pet!

Simply.cant.wait!