Misuse of pets

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
Something needs to done to deal with people using pets to block access to NPC vendors and bank tellers. What is going on in Meduli is getting out of control. These people park their pets sideways to block the entire doorway or stair well then abandon the pet. Caster's are casting large portals just in front of the tellers so when people try to access they trigger the portal and die. There should be a 0 tolerance policy to this kind of nonsense.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I've seen it a few times in the towns i visit. Have waited and seen the GMs come and *zap* the pets out of existence. Which makes it obvious that this is against the rules. Even if that rule is just some vague griefing one.

But i have not read these rules and don't know of the penalties or if punishment is enforced.

What makes it a major issue (imo) is that it effects everyone. Including the newest of players who are just trying to FIND the damn banks and etc.
And when stuff like that happens, I have confidence that SV will punish the people involved.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Would be a shame if you could kill the pets in town to punish the dumb ass player leaving it sitting there. Too bad all the carebears begged for 'actions to have consequences', which in return makes it so in a open pvp game, the players cant actually lay down the law without getting punished.

Reactions: CrgHck

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you report them the GMs will delete it. In the pass repeated offenders were temp banned.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Would be a shame if you could kill the pets in town to punish the dumb ass player leaving it sitting there. Too bad all the carebears begged for 'actions to have consequences', which in return makes it so in a open pvp game, the players cant actually lay down the law without getting punished.

This might be the dumbest take I have seen on this forum. Just because some players abuse a mechanic you should be able to kill pets without getting punished. Okay. Maybe live in GK if you care so much. OH NO! you don't! WHY NOT? Because you secretly love guards! WoW. Almost like there are entire lawless cities for people like you to live in

• Haha
Reactions: Turd

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This might be the dumbest take I have seen on this forum. Just because some players abuse a mechanic you should be able to kill pets without getting punished. Okay. Maybe live in GK if you care so much. OH NO! you don't! WHY NOT? Because you secretly love guards! WoW. Almost like there are entire lawless cities for people like you to live in
Pets users are worse the criminals. We had it better when you could kill pets. People learned to keep them in the stables or use the banks real fast. Better times

a.out

May 28, 2020
Pets users are worse the criminals. We had it better when you could kill pets. People learned to keep them in the stables or use the banks real fast. Better times
Pretty egotistical take. Some people had it better, some certainly did not.

There are different solutions and henrik talked about them in the last stream, for starters there will be a /bank command bringing up the bank ui when you are nearby. He also entertained the idea of pets losing loyalty over time in cities or crowded areas. I'd like that one.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
He also entertained the idea of pets losing loyalty over time in cities or crowded areas. I'd like that one.

fuck that, what the actual fuck. Like dudes said in this thread, stop changing the game because of griefers.

If anything BAN THEM. Every change made to get rid of griefing made the game worse, and that is an AWFUL change. WHY... WOULD ANYONE... WANT THAT? You have to carry stacks around town sometimes.

I joke about this w/ my dudes on ps4, but one of these days I'm just gonna be here and stroke out cuz of this stuff. If they do this, it will be proof Henrik is derpin'. /bank command... SMART THINKING... pets losing loyalty in town... just ridiculously stupid. One of the most stupid things I've ever heard and would impose great grief on people trying to do things, buy things off broker, craft, butcher, etc.

Delete the pet and ban the dude who did it, if he really did it on purpose. Stop changing game mechanics. Start banning people. It's simple! :D I still believe that's the ideal sandbox solution. Just like forums... if you are foul enough, you get banned. No need to add in bots to delete pieces of words cuz they think they are censoring swear words... just have an actual human ban them.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Pretty egotistical take. Some people had it better, some certainly did not.

There are different solutions and henrik talked about them in the last stream, for starters there will be a /bank command bringing up the bank ui when you are nearby. He also entertained the idea of pets losing loyalty over time in cities or crowded areas. I'd like that one.
Henrik says a lot of things and rarely solves problems. Nothing egotistical about saying you should have your pet die for leaving it laying around. Use the bank and stable it or lose it. Problem solved.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I'm red and - standing lmao.

But enjoy not being able to lay down the law when needed because the game said your the bad guy in a sandbox. I've watched countless times as greifers cant get punished because people dont want to lose their standing, because they will be the one to get punished. the harder the punishment to try and stop people from doign crim acts, the more people cant lay down the law when needed.

Reactions: Tzone

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
Tbh immersion or realism is a core pillar of MO2 but in towns collision has to be deactivated as long not in combat mode and most problems would be solved.

Reactions: Kashikis and Jatix

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Tbh immersion or realism is a core pillar of MO2 but in towns collision has to be deactivated as long not in combat mode and most problems would be solved.
TBH I think pet collision being ignored inside of towns is the best suggestion of a solution i've seen. It doesn't lower risk in town and it prevents pets from getting you stuck in crowded places.

D

Deleted member 44

Wow this is too funny. A couple things here.

1) Bad game design.

2) Consequence of living in Meduli (blue city).

3) I don't agree that GMs should do any action due to bad game design. (killing pets included). This is a sandbox game, meaning that if you are imaginative enough to do something within your current rule set you should not be punished for this.

3a) Players could fix this issue themselves by just killing the pet, but SV has decided to make town killing so punishing that this won't be a solution for most, especially those blue bobs that just sit in town all day.

4) Collision flag sounds like a nice solution for the cities, but will cause more issues than it will fix.

5) I think that by creating some type of instancing system in the city walls will be the best solution here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
The easiest way to fix the issue is to create hitching posts and have them attached to whatever NPC is with in this building so you can access your pets bags and then make it so pets can't go inside buildings. Have them set with 5 min timers then the pet automatically comes off this way no can grief them and make sure you can place like 15 pets on them at all times

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
tbh i expected hitching posts to be in the game as a basic design decision to keep this exact thing from happening, but nope guess that's not hipster sandboxy enough

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Issue extends beyond just horses. Players that are unmounted can block you and prevent you from leaving or entering the bank. Sometimes it’s griefing, other times they aren’t even aware they are blocking.

Solution of course is more bank npcs in different locations or creating much larger bank buildings, but when it comes to this game it’s always a wish in one hand shit in the other situation.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Something needs to done to deal with people using pets to block access to NPC vendors and bank tellers. What is going on in Meduli is getting out of control. These people park their pets sideways to block the entire doorway or stair well then abandon the pet. Caster's are casting large portals just in front of the tellers so when people try to access they trigger the portal and die. There should be a 0 tolerance policy to this kind of nonsense.

Last time I checked unless you have either portal knowledge you can click on a portal all day and it wont effect you.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Henrik says a lot of things and rarely solves problems. Nothing egotistical about saying you should have your pet die for leaving it laying around. Use the bank and stable it or lose it. Problem solved.
Henrik not keeping promises is no reason to simply go for FFA and call it a day. You 'argue' that you should stable pets at all times, and while that is certainly true (nobody should ever feel safe) it makes no sense to simply have pets be permanently grey. If we go that route we might as well just get rid of guarded towns alltogether ... why should your equipment (your armour) be more safe than that of a tamer?