0.0.0.35 Patch Suggestions by Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
This patch is looking awesome so far! I like the turn cap change ( REMOVED!) . Makes the swings feel a lot better. Although you can still pull off a 360 swing. It's not as bad as other games, i feel like this was a great fix for the 360 spin2win.

Equipment stuff...: Would love to see equipment hits removed or fixed up some. I highly disagree that in an exchange and one person hit and the other doesn't because of their weapon randomly getting in the way. This makes some weapons like the large axes, sledges, mauls have a very hard time passing a spear that swings all over the place. If the equipment hits were only on the shield/armor it makes sense. Otherwise so much dps is lost in fights because of random weapon hits. From my view as a 160 ping player, im unable to tell where the animations really are anyways. So this just makes it that much harder to use larger weapons.

Handle hits: This needs to be looked at more. I'm not sure where the idea of 0 damage came from... I'm sure most of you know what a cricket bat is, or even a baseball bat... A purely blunt weapon and it doesn't matter if you hit with the handle or the proper side... it hurts regardless because its a blunt weapon. I would love to see blunt weapons have handle damage... The maul itself has a really decent hit box, though someone just swinging a weapon randomly stops the damage completely even if fully charged just doesn't feel good when making contact for 0. Rendering the maul 100% useless because you only get one good swing anyways and hoping to not hit equipment along the way just makes it useless now.
* Please look at this more. You guys have weapons with spikes on the handles that does 0... why put the spike there if it doesn't do anything. Visually appealing, huge disappointment when attempting to use..

Arc damage scaling: I read that the damage is based on the arc of the swing. I still can not see this when i test it. If i stand still and look directly at someone. My swing does 30ish with katana. Turn away from the target and swing again for test. Pulls another 30ish damage. The idea to have the arc lower the damage at the start and end of the swing right? If so it is not working as intended.

Overall: i still see a ping issue. Adding in spears just made it so much more obvious... I still feel like the distance in which we ( we being 150+ pingers ) see low ping players just is to rough to enjoy when they are now 3m (10ft) away hitting with a spear.. It's far enough to be unrealistic and has pushed me away from attempting duels at all. Only reason to duel is because you want to get better. But you cant get better when low pingers that can just swing all day long with light weapons and just beat the system with their connection speed to the server. This wont be fixed at all because SV sticks to a single server...... But because of MO1 had a overall delay, have you guys thought about adding this to MO2? Not sure if this will help but maybe it could slow down the low ping players some.

-Phen

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I still feel like the distance in which we ( we being 150+ pingers ) see low ping players just is to rough to enjoy when they are now 3m (10ft) away hitting with a spear.. It's far enough to be unrealistic and has pushed me away from attempting duels at all. Only reason to duel is because you want to get better. But you cant get better when low pingers that can just swing all day long with light weapons and just beat the system with their connection speed to the server
i dont know how many times this needs to be explained, but they see you hitting them from just as far away as you see them hitting you. Its a feature of your collective ping time, not the fact that you have high ping and they have low ping. they *do* have advantage in time available to block attacks, and with lower release delay they can swing faster, but the range issue is the same on both ends.

yes having regional servers would mitigate this but sv has been over this many times thats not going to happen....

-barcode

Reactions: Teknique and Rhias

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
i dont know how many times this needs to be explained, but they see you hitting them from just as far away as you see them hitting you. Its a feature of your collective ping time, not the fact that you have high ping and they have low ping. they *do* have advantage in time available to block attacks, and with lower release delay they can swing faster, but the range issue is the same on both ends.

yes having regional servers would mitigate this but sv has been over this many times thats not going to happen....

-barcode

I was just stating that its worsened the look of it is all. Believe me when I say I understand the issue. If the goal is to stay appealing in combat, imo it looks worse with the spear involved.

I was able to encounter annoying killers of MO2 and I can do as I intended against other weapons, when the spear got involved I couldn't. The spear makes the distance super hard to judge if they are even close enough to hit you.

If you have a lower ping you'll get a better viewing of distance. This has to do with the server sending information. A lower ping player will have less syncing issues. That alone gives them the ability to repeat swings ( tested with weapon under 1.5kg ) and can make contact even if the other player (150+ ping) is perfect at block/parry. Only because they can get more information to the server than the other player. In turn, reblocking for high pings is fairly risky compared to low ping. As you stated they are faster.

Been playing mmo games for a very long time, ping is always an issue. Shooters show it simply with milliseconds. After 100 ping ( 100ms for those who don't know) differences up or down, a low ping player can then make all sorts of quick movements and send the higher ping player a jumble of ugliness. This creates a chance to lag or create pack loss for higher ping players. Looks dont matter in shooters though.. The bullets move to fast to have 150 ping hurt a player to bad. Sometimes gets annoying when you've gotten around a wall and you got shot. But then you know that player is lower ping and you adjust to your advantage of quickly jumping corners to get them before they can see you. Which can't be done in MO, we aren't shooting bullets in milliseconds, we are swinging for seconds.

Welp, sorry for the rant... Still think the other weapons should be longer to adjust for the spears length. Spears takes lots of equipment hits because of the length. Why not give the other weapons more length increasing the chances for equipment hits all around. We can't fix the ping but we can at least ask for every weapon to have a good feeling like the spear. Once pole weapons come, i feel like the lower range melee weapons just won't be used at all.

Thanks for the reply @barcode

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i agree, ping makes a *huge* difference in melee based combat (as oppposed to your typical fps shooter). I've been against the whole release delay from the start as it both really hurts players with a higher ping and makes combat feel unresponsive and bad.

it would be interesting if blocking could be adjusted for ping, but i'm not sure how fair that is. in other words, if you have a block in-flight (packet is still being sent to the server) when the server gets the 'hit' notification from the other guy, to have the server still honor your block.

if the allowed extra time is short (not enough for the player thats hit to get the hit and then send a retroactive block somehow) then maybe it could work.

-barcode

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
i agree, ping makes a *huge* difference in melee based combat (as oppposed to your typical fps shooter). I've been against the whole release delay from the start as it both really hurts players with a higher ping and makes combat feel unresponsive and bad.

it would be interesting if blocking could be adjusted for ping, but i'm not sure how fair that is. in other words, if you have a block in-flight (packet is still being sent to the server) when the server gets the 'hit' notification from the other guy, to have the server still honor your block.

if the allowed extra time is short (not enough for the player thats hit to get the hit and then send a retroactive block somehow) then maybe it could work.

-barcode

I agree with that. Giving a slight damage delay so the server can see if a player had blocked ( maybe .2 sec ) would be good. Only small issue would be that now low ping players would have slightly more time to block. Though this does give higher pings a greater chance of preventing a hit. Could also make hits seem slightly delayed but i rather see a slight delay in damage and get more blocks off than get no chance of blocking a parry.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
the extra time would have to be based on ping, giving a static amount more time would be silly as it would allow low pingers to block after they see they got hit.

-barcode

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Only if they display the hit right away. If the damage wasn't shown until .2 sec decision was over. The server should then be looking backwards to validate a hit and block based on the difference in the ping of the players who made contact. Though I'm not sure if they can make a delay system based on players ping. If so that fixes everything...

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
This patch is looking awesome so far! I like the turn cap change ( REMOVED!) . Makes the swings feel a lot better. Although you can still pull off a 360 swing. It's not as bad as other games, i feel like this was a great fix for the 360 spin2win.

Equipment stuff...: Would love to see equipment hits removed or fixed up some. I highly disagree that in an exchange and one person hit and the other doesn't because of their weapon randomly getting in the way. This makes some weapons like the large axes, sledges, mauls have a very hard time passing a spear that swings all over the place. If the equipment hits were only on the shield/armor it makes sense. Otherwise so much dps is lost in fights because of random weapon hits. From my view as a 160 ping player, im unable to tell where the animations really are anyways. So this just makes it that much harder to use larger weapons.

Handle hits: This needs to be looked at more. I'm not sure where the idea of 0 damage came from... I'm sure most of you know what a cricket bat is, or even a baseball bat... A purely blunt weapon and it doesn't matter if you hit with the handle or the proper side... it hurts regardless because its a blunt weapon. I would love to see blunt weapons have handle damage... The maul itself has a really decent hit box, though someone just swinging a weapon randomly stops the damage completely even if fully charged just doesn't feel good when making contact for 0. Rendering the maul 100% useless because you only get one good swing anyways and hoping to not hit equipment along the way just makes it useless now.
* Please look at this more. You guys have weapons with spikes on the handles that does 0... why put the spike there if it doesn't do anything. Visually appealing, huge disappointment when attempting to use..

Arc damage scaling: I read that the damage is based on the arc of the swing. I still can not see this when i test it. If i stand still and look directly at someone. My swing does 30ish with katana. Turn away from the target and swing again for test. Pulls another 30ish damage. The idea to have the arc lower the damage at the start and end of the swing right? If so it is not working as intended.

Overall: i still see a ping issue. Adding in spears just made it so much more obvious... I still feel like the distance in which we ( we being 150+ pingers ) see low ping players just is to rough to enjoy when they are now 3m (10ft) away hitting with a spear.. It's far enough to be unrealistic and has pushed me away from attempting duels at all. Only reason to duel is because you want to get better. But you cant get better when low pingers that can just swing all day long with light weapons and just beat the system with their connection speed to the server. This wont be fixed at all because SV sticks to a single server...... But because of MO1 had a overall delay, have you guys thought about adding this to MO2? Not sure if this will help but maybe it could slow down the low ping players some.

-Phen
Equipment: I love the way the equipment hits are working atm. But as Tyguy mentioned chopping of a spear handle. Would be a neat mechanic as long as you can pull out your sidearm right away. Maybe making so cuts along the handle of the spear would drop durability on it a lot faster. This would have to be a straight up nerf for any wooden stick weapon like maces, axes, spears, swordstaffs(poleswords), poleaxes, halberds and so on. As long as you dont have a handle with metal reinforcements on it.

Handle hit: I agree on the handle hits they seem weird. If you stand still and thrust each other with a spear as close as possible. To get a handle hit you need to turn in such a way your hit lands on the closest body part but when your in a team fight or moving around in a duel you need to hit with the tip or it will be a handle hit. Damage on the top heavy weapons should deal a tiny bit more damage with handle hits i think probably scaling it along the blunt damage.

Arc damage scaling: I only noticed on spear thrusts. You deal way less damage if the thrust hits close and far out. Which dont make much sense. Would be better if you had it High damage close and lower the further out on a thrust, as more of the blade would go into the target. Haven't really noticed it on swings.

Ping: Im in Sweden with about 50 ping. Nothing makes sense. Gannicus(Brazilian i think 200-300ping) seems to me to have worse ping than Australians to me. He teleport around 3-6 meters at a time sometimes i cant even see windups or swings from him. I just take damage. Looks very much like when Redwood used a VPN to get 500+ ping. My perfectly timed parry's becomes blocks half the time. Tyguy( UK, London, 10 ping) Slides around like a Australian and hits me from 3-4 meters away and hes in the server room. Patwins(Eastern NA i guess 140-180ping) Parry everything i send his way. Draculina(Germany, 30-40ping) Basically the same as Patwins.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Equipment: I love the way the equipment hits are working atm. But as Tyguy mentioned chopping of a spear handle. Would be a neat mechanic as long as you can pull out your sidearm right away. Maybe making so cuts along the handle of the spear would drop durability on it a lot faster. This would have to be a straight up nerf for any wooden stick weapon like maces, axes, spears, swordstaffs(poleswords), poleaxes, halberds and so on. As long as you dont have a handle with metal reinforcements on it.

Handle hit: I agree on the handle hits they seem weird. If you stand still and thrust each other with a spear as close as possible. To get a handle hit you need to turn in such a way your hit lands on the closest body part but when your in a team fight or moving around in a duel you need to hit with the tip or it will be a handle hit. Damage on the top heavy weapons should deal a tiny bit more damage with handle hits i think probably scaling it along the blunt damage.

Arc damage scaling: I only noticed on spear thrusts. You deal way less damage if the thrust hits close and far out. Which dont make much sense. Would be better if you had it High damage close and lower the further out on a thrust, as more of the blade would go into the target. Haven't really noticed it on swings.

Ping: Im in Sweden with about 50 ping. Nothing makes sense. Gannicus(Brazilian i think 200-300ping) seems to me to have worse ping than Australians to me. He teleport around 3-6 meters at a time sometimes i cant even see windups or swings from him. I just take damage. Looks very much like when Redwood used a VPN to get 500+ ping. My perfectly timed parry's becomes blocks half the time. Tyguy( UK, London, 10 ping) Slides around like a Australian and hits me from 3-4 meters away and hes in the server room. Patwins(Eastern NA i guess 140-180ping) Parry everything i send his way. Draculina(Germany, 30-40ping) Basically the same as Patwins.

Equipment: I think the breaking of weapons by directly hitting them would be awesome. Having 10k durra doesn't give us a good idea of what we are doing for durra damage. And with some small testing ( in between team fights ) i checked durra and using the spear it got low fairly quick. Maybe the equipment hits are directly damaging the durra at a high amount? Once we start crafting our own we will see the durra differences take more effect in fights. Like losing a shield in fight it slows you down and gets you hit cause it breaks.
* I feel like this is intended but hurting combat in this moment of alpha because of the durra being maxed out.

Arc Damage / Handle hits: I tested it again today. Looking directly at someone and non charged swing did 15, looking away and hitting at the edge of the release point did 13. I dont know whats going on with the damage atm. Some really good clean shots do 20's when normally they were doing 40+ ( thick n ugly kallard axe ). The 120% does pop off and makes the axe hit for 60's when it never did before. Which is fine, though with all the random chances of getting different damages. The hits feel unpredictable in damage. The maul is my go to example.. Full swing without charge bonus 35-80, Full swing with charge bonus 75-120, Click swing 15-30. Seems all over the place. Oh not to mention the ZERO handle hit damage with a full charge and bonus damage. Though I have been wondering if the weapons are scaling up in damage the longer you hold them charging, even if you swing before the charge bonus comes up. Then the 35-80 makes more sense cause they were charged just not full scaled up to get the bonus damage and released at various timings within the full charge giving a different value for damage every time.
*** I would love to see damage just be more consistent ***

Ping is ping we can't understand this because not all pathways to connect to the server are the same. Players like TY only have to jump once before reaching the tower while Patwins may be jumping 5 times, Myself NA West is 7 jumps to the server, and Gannicus could be jumping up to the US before going out, making it like 10+ jumps before reaching server, then Draculina might be jumping 2 or 3 times. I think anyone who o jumps 5< times will get exactly what SV is looking for. Anyone above that will have issues with syncing. Which sucks for Gannicus cause we don't control our pathway to the server.

**This is were I still think that SV should pair up with Haste's VPN and see if they are willing to help out by adding MO2 to the list of their games. It would only benefit those with high pings anyways by giving them a quicker path to the server.

Thanks for the reply @Rolufe
-Phen

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Rolufe

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Equipment: I think the breaking of weapons by directly hitting them would be awesome. Having 10k durra doesn't give us a good idea of what we are doing for durra damage. And with some small testing ( in between team fights ) i checked durra and using the spear it got low fairly quick. Maybe the equipment hits are directly damaging the durra at a high amount? Once we start crafting our own we will see the durra differences take more effect in fights. Like losing a shield in fight it slows you down and gets you hit cause it breaks.
* I feel like this is intended but hurting combat in this moment of alpha because of the durra being maxed out.

Arc Damage / Handle hits: I tested it again today. Looking directly at someone and non charged swing did 15, looking away and hitting at the edge of the release point did 13. I dont know whats going on with the damage atm. Some really good clean shots do 20's when normally they were doing 40+ ( thick n ugly kallard axe ). The 120% does pop off and makes the axe hit for 60's when it never did before. Which is fine, though with all the random chances of getting different damages. The hits feel unpredictable in damage. The maul is my go to example.. Full swing without charge bonus 35-80, Full swing with charge bonus 75-120, Click swing 15-30. Seems all over the place. Oh not to mention the ZERO handle hit damage with a full charge and bonus damage. Though I have been wondering if the weapons are scaling up in damage the longer you hold them charging, even if you swing before the charge bonus comes up. Then the 35-80 makes more sense cause they were charged just not full scaled up to get the bonus damage and released at various timings within the full charge giving a different value for damage every time.
*** I would love to see damage just be more consistent ***

Ping is ping we can't understand this because not all pathways to connect to the server are the same. Players like TY only have to jump once before reaching the tower while Patwins may be jumping 5 times, Myself NA West is 7 jumps to the server, and Gannicus could be jumping up to the US before going out, making it like 10+ jumps before reaching server, then Draculina might be jumping 2 or 3 times. I think anyone who o jumps 5< times will get exactly what SV is looking for. Anyone above that will have issues with syncing. Which sucks for Gannicus cause we don't control our pathway to the server.

**This is were I still think that SV should pair up with Haste's VPN and see if they are willing to help out by adding MO2 to the list of their games. It would only benefit those with high pings anyways by giving them a quicker path to the server.

Thanks for the reply @Rolufe
-Phen
Equipment: Yea atm dura is set very high but in many ways i think they intend to have it high for the sharpening/repair of the weapons so it is 4k dura out of 10k but at 100% effectiveness after repair. Yea i think it loses dura more upon being hit also in MO1 weapons lost more dura when hitting with the handle could be something like it in MO2. Spears like i sad have a extremely odd handle hit range. Its barely existent but its there and when people move you can only get a hit if the blade it self is touching the enemy. Any more and its a handle hit.

Arc damage: I posted this video sometime during the previous patch
i made it to show the bug with no reaction or sound from you character and sparks coming of the shield. But at the same time shimmering tells me about the arcing damage on thrusts. So it became a nice dual purpose video xD

Ping: Yea its possible but then would Sweden be 5+ away from Lodon? :unsure: I guess its possible that we dont have a cable between UK and Scandinavia. So we are all being directed trough Germany and France before getting to UK.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Ping: Yea its possible but then would Sweden be 5+ away from Lodon? :unsure: I guess its possible that we dont have a cable between UK and Scandinavia. So we are all being directed trough Germany and France before getting to UK.

I don´t think there is. I found a project for a cable between norway and the UK though. So maybe in the future?

Still the problems seen in game are not solely related to latency. As you pointed out in your post before this people with different pings and locations display the same odd behaviours. If they moved the server to the US the complained would be that finns and russians are OP because they keep teleporting and hitting them in the back. With a one server solution there is no pleasing everyone.

The only solution I could see if they somehow slowed everyone down to the same level, then kicked anyone who shows inconsistencies in the connection. That would cut away a pretty big proportion of the pop and make the game slower overall.

Can not comment on the arc scaling since I haven´t tested that in depth.

According to Herius equipment hits on weapons only occur when your swing does NOT connect with the player model. So basically it means you just hit the weapon and thus shouldn´t be dealing damage. Now I´m sure there are some bugs related to this, but when I tested it on Valoran it seemed to work as intended. Personally I think they could probably get rid of them since they are confusing. Or rename them.

I don´t like spikes on anything, but that´s just me. Logically yes, handle hits could do more damage. But it´s more about balance than logic here. If you turn up handle hit damage that would probably make low latency parry whores even better. Currently being offensive at least gives you a tiny advantage by having more controll over the distance between the players. I don´t mind weapons like the maul, slegde etc. being extremely hard to use. Their effect is devastating in the current meta when it comes to teamfights.

Reactions: PatWins and Rolufe

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
The biggest thing about having handles do damage is that it is still part of the weapon. They have a arm hit now, which should be 0 damage as it is. Why not have handles do damage too. Most of the low ping players don't use heavy weapons because they take advantage of the speed. To overlook the ping and see the fairness of swinging a maul once for 0 handle hit just doesn't make any sense at all. The weapons weight alone would do damage if you drop it on your foot.... its only 26 pounds.. Handles should do 1/2 of the blunt damage. Slashing and piercing shouldn't add damage to handle hits. ONLY blunt damage as it is a blunt part of the weapon.

Back to talking about balancing, if a maul user swings once and gets a handle hit costing them half the stam they got. This in turn making a 0 handle hit on a purely blunt weapon makes no sense at all. It's blunt from top to bottom.... Not in anyway is that balanced. The weapon lacks dps, its fully a glass cannon style of hit. which doesn't work because you cant run after words. Mainly because the stam drain is so high you only get half a bar to run with. I just don't see that being balanced at all. No point of using a maul unless you sneak up on someone. Just rendering it useless in fights though its design was for breaking shields and crushing people in one swing. It doesn't break shields in one shot, it releases super duper slow ( weight i know ), takes half stam to get a shot off, parry is super slow, and other than that the weapon just doesn't see any play time because it's so unbalanced.

I'm not going over ping, If you want to see the effects of high ping let me know in game. Ill be happy to show you what a 1k or 500 ping player looks like. Its ugly and I feel bad for anyone south of Mexico. Sorry Gannicus....

I'm lost on the idea of arc damage.... it doesn't work according to my tests last night. All points of the arc do the sameish damage. If i recall the beginning should do 0 and work its way up to the max damage as it gets to the "sweet spot" of the swing, then lessen some so the end of the swing does lesser amounts. I feel like the damage is in the weapon heads not the arc itself. Only reason i stay this is because a fully charged swing from an axe did 16 and then it did 40. Exact same hit but somehow different damages.. If it was the arc then people couldn't do the " look down and overhead for instant damage". which i was able to pull off in duels last night. I'm not even a fighter and i was dueling a nearly same ping player. He couldn't react to it in time and i pulled a full parry hit off of it ( Not a latency issue i guess.........) . Ideally this should have dropped to 0 damage because the release hit right away instead of getting any swing motion involved. Or maybe our definition of arc are different... I see the acr being the white line they removed, If so then a released swing next to a player does the same damage as a hit in the middle and end of the arc.

-Phen

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

-Phen
The 360 still sux for a few reason, none worth talking about at this moment

Equipment hits- Previously was indifferent to this, with the arms and handles now its too much

Handle hits- I also don't like this, with shields, the accel nerf, equipment hits, arm hits. The dps is so low UNLESS you're just preloading swings based on what gameplay mode you have on. This last part is one of the few things that i'm optimistic about them fixing.

Swing arc- This is the probably the least appreciated mechanic for how insidiously bad it is. While it is supposed to lower the damage on swings that are in the air too long like you're trying to test. Its actual purpose is to make sure that an EU has absolutely no challenge when playing. Previously about 10% of the time you could actually position your weapon VERY CLOSE to the enemy to lower the time they have to get a parry. When an EU does it to you its kind of annoying but when you do it to an EU its sort of like they're playing a competitive game for a second. This for obvious reasons was not permissible in the current climate.

Overall: all changes as of late have been implemented for the sole purpose of making EU's insanely strong. To summarize them.

quicker weapon resetting and linear charging "to help aggressive play" is actually like you correctly surmised to allow eu's to charge things for an imperceptibly low amount of time and send a flurry that you can't possibly hope to parry (unless that so happens to be your style of combat blocking everything as other styles are not permissible). Fixing the preloading swings should hopefully help with this. With slower combat the few millisecond difference in ping becomes a much LOWER percentage of the overall combat time therefore fixing ping and why I didn't complain too much about it in early days. By speeding up the combat it makes reaction time so much more important and also so much more noncompetitive due to the server.

Accels as stated above perturbed a few parry whores a little too much, again being hit by something is not really ok if your style of play is parry walling. There's no reason why inferior play styles should be able to touch you. Again all competitive games have one style and one style only.

Turn cap: While doing absolutely nothing to fix animations it does prevent someone from out aiming a parry wall with some crazy mouse whip that you'd see Shroud or something do. Again its silly that a parry wall could be challenged by something.

I did agree to stop trying to help the game with reasonable feedback as no one here cares anyways or it would seem even qualified to care, and its causing me more stress than i'd like, but thought i'd throw this last one in there.

This is generally everything thats wrong with the combat to date, i'm nearly 100% certain I could fix it within 1 patch if I had any power to change anything.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Eldrath

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Well @Teknique I'm happy you commented. I agree with a handful of what your saying. And your also right about us not having the ability to change things. Also never stress over gaming, it should be your escape from the world if anything.

I'm just going to drop one of these every time a patch comes out and be fairly done with most extra commenting. I know everyone wants this game to be better. We just have to drop our two sense and walk away, pushing our ideas isn't working well. If SV needs help they should give us some options and let us pick as a community. Lots will complain and lots will love it. Its how MO1 was just couldnt hold the player base. While this time they have a better chance and more resources. Ima just let them do their jobs unless that ask otherwise..

-Phen

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Well @Teknique I'm happy you commented. I agree with a handful of what your saying. And your also right about us not having the ability to change things. Also never stress over gaming, it should be your escape from the world if anything.

I'm just going to drop one of these every time a patch comes out and be fairly done with most extra commenting. I know everyone wants this game to be better. We just have to drop our two sense and walk away, pushing our ideas isn't working well. If SV needs help they should give us some options and let us pick as a community. Lots will complain and lots will love it. Its how MO1 was just couldnt hold the player base. While this time they have a better chance and more resources. Ima just let them do their jobs unless that ask otherwise..

-Phen
Well after playing a bit tonight it seems like not everyone is feeling like the game is a horrible jank fest like I feel it is.
It sounds crazy but I think a big part of the way I feel is that I was basically targeted by other alpha testers and that’s why every change feels so awful to me.
someone with medium parry skills and good aim using accelerations and mouse whips. Tell me straight to my face that isn’t the basis for every change. No wonder I feel so fucked. I can’t take a second to aim my parry return because in that time someone already has a 20 charge swing loaded to my face, I can’t keep up the parry fundamentals as that isn’t my style, I do 0 dmg because I’m putting my weapon in the most logical spot I wouldn’t even know how to make it so my swing arc is slower, my mouse barely moves because I’m whipping. Thank god the turn cap failed because that was the last piece of the puzzle for me. Guess that’s what I get for actually uploading my play sessions.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
As I pointed out in another thread: it´s not productive to talk about the server location. Literally beating a dead horse.

If you want to split the playerbase into EU and US that is also not helpful. But whatever floats your boat I guess. Splitting everything into 2 and polarizing isn´t working out in other areas for you either. So why not stop?

Reactions: Rolufe and Zbuciorn

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
As I pointed out in another thread: it´s not productive to talk about the server location. Literally beating a dead horse.

If you want to split the playerbase into EU and US that is also not helpful. But whatever floats your boat I guess. Splitting everything into 2 and polarizing isn´t working out in other areas for you either. So why not stop?
I don’t see the logic really if you’re going to have one server why make every change exacerbate that difference that makes no sense.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Some of you guys are doing really nice job with testing and giving very constructive feedback.

Playing EVE Online I didn't like how the community almost took over the design which was not any good in my opinion.
I rather trust SV and their strategy than voice of the crowd.

The server location may create problems for players living far from it but MO2 is design by company located in EU which wants to
have a game without local servers.So far I do not see any US or Asia developer trying to do full-loot sandbox game like that but I would play it
and accept the lag if I like it.

Reactions: Rhias

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Some of you guys are doing really nice job with testing and giving very constructive feedback.

Playing EVE Online I didn't like how the community almost took over the design which was not any good in my opinion.
I rather trust SV and their strategy than voice of the crowd.

The server location may create problems for players living far from it but MO2 is design by company located in EU which wants to
have a game without local servers.So far I do not see any US or Asia developer trying to do full-loot sandbox game like that but I would play it
and accept the lag if I like it.

Lol did you say without local server? Its local to those near by still.. its not about the server at this point. Its about making it smooth and evenly competitive in all areas. A player with higher ping shouldn't be stuck to ranged to be visible.

Reactions: Rolufe and Zbuciorn

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Lol did you say without local server? Its local to those near by still.. its not about the server at this point. Its about making it smooth and evenly competitive in all areas. A player with higher ping shouldn't be stuck to ranged to be visible.
I understand what you say.There is a lot of things which can be solution to MO's problems and you point them out quite well.
I just wanted to express my voice against sort of populism in certain people posts I am reading here.

Reactions: Phen