No Log Out After Crashing

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I have a buddy that has been gaming with me for ten years. I finally talked him into playing Mortal and he was enjoying it. Then when he was out in the wilds his power supply went out on him and he had no way of getting back in game. A week later after his PC was repaired he logged in as a ghost which means he never logged out upon crashing.

He never played the game again.

I get that we want to protect the game from abusers who kill their clients in the midst of a fight. It was a good idea. But it also hurts the innocent players who crash unexpectedly. We lost a quality gamer who could have been an asset to the MO2 community. How can we protect innocent players upon crashing?

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bizboz

Dec 27, 2021
I get that we want to protect the game from abusers who kill their clients in the midst of a fight. It was a good idea. But it also hurts the innocent players who crash unexpectedly.

Sorry to hear about your friend's bad experience, but the ease of exploiting a feature like that is a good enough reason to keep the game the way it is. What happened to your buddy sounds rare.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Are you sure something didn't just kill him in under 120 seconds, which is the wilderness log out time?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Under normal circumstances you can just log in after a crash and then log out normally.

Though, I have had a similar situation happen where I crashed and was not able to get back in right away.

When I did make it back I was dead and confused. It was later that I remembered I had crashed the last time I played.

It was a bit of a hard pill to swallow .

But now that I know, I can accept that I have to relog when I crash in order to make it less exploitable.

Granted the power supply failing did not make it possible for your friend. But such things happening can cause many issues.

Which is not really the fault of the game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Are you sure something didn't just kill him in under 120 seconds, which is the wilderness log out time?

How are we to know who attacked him if his power supply went out. And the 120 seconds would only apply if he logged out. His PC black screened and he was unable to get back on; which means he was stuck in the game all week until someone found him or a wild animal killed him.

Last edited:

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Under normal circumstances you can just log in after a crash and then log out normally.

Though, I have had a similar situation happen where I crashed and was not able to get back in right away.

When I did make it back I was dead and confused. It was later that I remembered I had crashed the last time I played.

It was a bit of a hard pill to swallow .

But now that I know, I can accept that I have to relog when I crash in order to make it less exploitable.

Granted the power supply failing did not make it possible for your friend. But such things happening can cause many issues.

Which is not really the fault of the game.
I think SV’s fault came when he was unable to log out of the game. It was not his fault his power supply went out. Under normal circumstances most games would log you out after a crash. In rare cases like this we have to consider the player and his situation. How can we do better to protect this from happening in the future.