Improvement priority

What should SV Prioritise

• Total voters

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Hey all!

I am always interested in seeing what people think should be prioritised by SV. So I am throwing up a little poll.

I know I have not captured everything here. Everyone has 3 votes.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Wagons.

Considering Henrik stated that mounts are not supposed to fill the transporter role (as they did in MO1) I think it´s important to implement them asap. They would be needed for house building, ore extraction etc. etc. all of which are core systems as well. I imagine the current 600 kg is just a placeholder till wagons arrive, because they would be useless otherwise.

Other than that: bug fixing and making the game less clunky and more funtional. Currently it is not in a good state as can be seen in any neutral review.

Trading/auction house is my third, with message boards and veredaris and possibly guild banks added as well. All of which are important to get the economy rolling at launch and thus should be tested beforehand.

Reactions: Olympeus

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Well thats the thing, so much needs fixing I cant choose only 3 important parts. Well I did but still...
I get that

But considering SVs limited capacities, we should at least give them some data with this as to what should be prioritized (from the communities point of view at least)

I really like this thread, thank you @Kuthara

Herold

Apr 26, 2021
1. cheats, currently not only ruining the game but the entire community(ban the cheaters so they can never return, ban their credit card irl names)
2. keep/housing, cant personally wait to have a place to call my own... aswell as all the lucrative deals i can make away from prying eyes ;)
3. Diplomacy/guild improvements, we needsomething to stabilize the politics of the game aswell as add some proper features(if this entails friendlist and whispering ingame i would make this numero dos)

Reactions: Olympeus

Vergil

May 1, 2021
1. Balance;
2. Bug fixes;
3. Exploits.

Don't care about anything else if cannot actually do PvE / PvP content on equal ground.
Rest is pretty much incremental upgrade, which is nice to have, but not neccessary for the game to be fun.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Bug fixes, world improvements, keeps/housing.

Only because I think as a playerbase we are pretty good at reporting cheaters

Reactions: Herold

Darran

May 28, 2020
Apart from new mechanics and maybe diplomacy/guild improvements we need everything in this list for persistent or it's going to be poop

Reactions: Suttner

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Farmerjoe confirmed today that Mo2 is getting Easy anti cheat. Hopefully this cheating problem will be solved.

This will resolve the use of 3rd party tools. It will not fix people abusing in game exploitable bugs. That is down to the Dev team to fix quickly and the GM team to police.

Reactions: Suttner

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
They could just put in an auction house and all the world filling content that they are holding back for persistent launch and release today in my opinion. Other things like houses are not critical, just nice features. They will never be able to stop enough exploits to satisfy all the people making instant hackusations, so no point in delaying for that.

Moebius

Nov 29, 2020
veiled cry of attention to once again target people who "cheat" just stop being shit and you won't die man

Olympeus

Apr 30, 2021
Good Post. In general, I think priorities should look something like this:

1) Exploits, Cheats & Bug Fixes
  • Fixing major bugs has to the be the top priority during any game prior to launch and an even higher priority should major bugs arrive post-launch.
  • Fixing exploits & cheats has to be the top priority for any competitive or multiplayer game prior to launch, although while a game is in testing the priority is much lesser the further away the game is from launch. Post-launch exploits & cheats take the highest priority over any other activity.
2) Implement minimally viable versions of all remaining game systems and mechanics intended for launch
  • This is the game. Until the game is implemented there is nothing to test for bugs, nothing to exploit or cheat, and nothing to balance. Getting all the major systems in place allows testing & balancing to occur.
3) Add minimally viable content for initial release
  • The is a non-priority early in development but increasingly important as the development progresses towards Beta, Early Access (if applicable) and launch. Before launch this has to be a top priority, or the launch needs to be delayed.
  • In Alpha & Beta there only needs to be as much content as necessary for testing.
4) Balance
  • This is the lowest priority in Alpha & Beta testing.
  • Attempting or expecting to achieve a balanced end-state during development and before all the game systems, mechanics, and content has been implemented is a futile effort and waste of resources. Instead, large and small changes should occur with the intent of collecting feedback on eventual balancing, but without any concerted effort to achieve a balanced end-state.
  • After the other priorities are taken care of, achieving a balanced end-state becomes the goal right until the point new content, systems, and mechanics are introduced and then re-balancing.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
This will resolve the use of 3rd party tools. It will not fix people abusing in game exploitable bugs. That is down to the Dev team to fix quickly and the GM team to police.
Will it resolve it entirely?