Proposal - Remove of 'I'm Stuck' button.

We dont need 'I'm Stuck' button anymore

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Im bad and i get stuck every 5 mins.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • This thing need complete redesign

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
After many weeks of beta play time, I noticed that i dont really stuck at all, and this button is really not needed anymore. It's causing more problem with people abusing it to get on top of objects than anyone else using it for un-stucking. Its being used in combat too, which is not really intended use case.

If this is not acceptable by community, another option is to change it to force suicide and teleport to nearest priest in same time.

Players should try to avoid places you could get stuck. If you get stuck in some very obvious spot like hole in the ground, its your fault, and not SV - thats why you should just get teleported to nearest priest as a ghost, so you can get your stuff from higher ground later.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Players should try to avoid places you could get stuck.
Guys, avoid fences. They are really dangerous!

Kidding aside, as far as I can remember I didn't get stuck a single time since the stress test.

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
Guys, avoid fences. They are really dangerous!

Kidding aside, as far as I can remember I didn't get stuck a single time since the stress test.
I never get stuck on a fence. You can jump on it, and jump down without a problem. Those risar camp fences are fine too, I never get stuck on it.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Nope. Was there in MO1 waiting for ages for a GM to unstuck me cause they were busy getting 200 other people unstuck.

If this is not acceptable by community, another option is to change it to force suicide and teleport to nearest priest in same time.

Forcing suicide is even worse than waiting for a GM. You're basically telling people "tough luck you got stuck on this invisible rock, guess you lost all your loot now over nothing, cya!".

Players should try to avoid places you could get stuck. If you get stuck in some very obvious spot like hole in the ground, its your fault, and not SV

Well that's the problem, isn't it? It's usually not obvious when people get stuck.

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
Nope. Was there in MO1 waiting for ages for a GM to unstuck me cause they were busy getting 200 other people unstuck.

Forcing suicide is even worse than waiting for a GM. You're basically telling people "tough luck you got stuck on this invisible rock, guess you lost all your loot now over nothing, cya!".

Well that's the problem, isn't it? It's usually not obvious when people get stuck.
I can bet 99% of GM work in MO1 was making player unstuck. In MO2 there is not really that much places where u can stuck. I you jump of a cliff, what would you expect ?
Invisible rocks ? Its very hard to encounter it, and if we speak of something like hard object without texture, you can most of a time just... turn back and walk away.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I can bet 99% of GM work in MO1 was making player unstuck. In MO2 there is not really that much places where u can stuck. I you jump of a cliff, what would you expect ?
Invisible rocks ? Its very hard to encounter it, and if we speak of something like hard object without texture, you can most of a time just... turn back and walk away.

I'm glad that you've had such a great experience of rarely getting stuck but consider it what it is, YOUR personal experience. It doesn't speak for the rest of us.

However, I am a reasonable man. If you upvote my permadeath suggestion I will edit my comments here and make them favourable towards your suggestion.

Reactions: Moores

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
There u sayed it urself, not much places doesnt equal no places. And theres nothing worse than losing hours by the games fault.

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
I'm glad that you've had such a great experience of rarely getting stuck but consider it what it is, YOUR personal experience. It doesn't speak for the rest of us.

However, I am a reasonable man. If you upvote my permadeath suggestion I will edit my comments here and make them favourable towards your suggestion.

So, can you get a reasonable count of how many times did you get stuck in past week ?
My counter shows me 1 time. And i fixed it with button, but could just die and ghost there in no time, wouldn't change anything.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I never get stuck on a fence. You can jump on it, and jump down without a problem. Those risar camp fences are fine too, I never get stuck on it.

So most of the stucks I experienced were not caused by jumping on it, or down it. But by just "walking" into it.
E.g. the market stands at Fabernum. I don't know how many times I got stuck in those during the combat alpha. Or this small fences within Bakti.

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021
Elder razorbacks and wolves are huge.
They like to stand really close because they love me.
I get stuck in the pet model pretty much every time I use the bank or stand still for 10 seconds.
It's a needed feature for now.

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
Elder razorbacks and wolves are huge.
They like to stand really close because they love me.
I get stuck in the pet model pretty much every time I use the bank or stand still for 10 seconds.
It's a needed feature for now.

I had bear pet for days, and never get stuck inside it. Are bears different from other pets ? I dont think so. Also all pet AI is same.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Merchination

Apr 15, 2021
This button is more than needed. you are not the entire community and I can assure you that many players are still getting stuck in places unable to move. Your experience is not everyone's and the stuck button will remain. Further more this statement "
We don't need 'I'm Stuck' button anymore" is interpretable and needs to be more clear as answers can be manipulated to mean what ever you want them to. if someone says no to this they could be considered disagreeing with it or agreeing based on the structure of the sentence. You should have rephrased it with out the "don't" so its clear what people are voting on.

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021
I had bear pet for days, and never get stuck inside it. Are bears different from other pets ? I dont think so. Also all pet AI is same.
It might be a factor of my minimum height character. The pets are a lot bigger than me.

I don't see why having the I'm stuck option is bad, certainly seems better than having to call for GM support every time you get stuck.

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
This button is more than needed. you are not the entire community and I can assure you that many players are still getting stuck in places unable to move. Your experience is not everyone's and the stuck button will remain. Further more this statement "
We don't need 'I'm Stuck' button anymore" is interpretable and needs to be more clear as answers can be manipulated to mean what ever you want them to. if someone says no to this they could be considered disagreeing with it or agreeing based on the structure of the sentence. You should have rephrased it with out the "don't" so its clear what people are voting on.

Im affraid i cant edit that pole, anyway most people should get what is the point.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
So, can you get a reasonable count of how many times did you get stuck in past week ?
My counter shows me 1 time. And i fixed it with button, but could just die and ghost there in no time, wouldn't change anything.

I don't count, I use the button. It's over a dozen somewhere.
No, having to die and ghosting there just to be unable to reach your loot without getting stuck is NOT "fixing it".

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
I don't count, I use the button. It's over a dozen somewhere.
No, having to die and ghosting there just to be unable to reach your loot without getting stuck is NOT "fixing it".

If you die on mountainside its rather clear you cant get your loot anyway. No GM would help you too.