About ARPK Guilds

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
it is clear that the only thing we will agree on is that we disagree, it will probably only effect one of us in game anyway.

Yes, of course. Similarly, you are free to believe the world is flat. We'll just also agree to disagree in that case.

It's semantics. It will affect neither of us in-game.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Exactly but I'm just having fun with the people's futile attempts to put arpk, rpk, prpk, grpk, lgbtqrpk+ on every guild.

Some people can't handle grey, they can only understand black and white.
Yes and no. There are some black and white guilds and some grey but the issue is some guilds all see it different on what's black what's white and what's grey. Let's take LAW for example they take anyone who even works with RPK guilds at all as black the only way to be white is not interact with RPK guilds in the slightest. My guild doesn't attack people who trade with RPK or such like that we acknowledge them as grey but let's take your example of rpking not around your town. To us that is still considered rpk.

There are some people who try to use grey as an excuse to have it both ways. In one interaction I had with a guild they literally told me they want to RPK and KOS anyone but not be KOS to any other guilds. I believe that is the type no one likes. As long as people know everyone sees everything differently and takes that into account in diplomatic relations that makes the game fun and interesting but if you're just trying to have no diplomatic repercussions for any of your actions that's just lame and boring.

ChonoKhan

Nov 17, 2020
ARPK means that we do not Randomly Kill people. Killing someone who is tagged and is considered an enemy to your clan is not RPKing. Killing someone who is a renown Griefer/GY Camper even if they are untagged... is NOT RPKING.

ARPK clans generally seek to improve the cities they stay in by regularly keep track of and killing pests (Like griefers/GY Campers) and by defending the town or helping in the wild (for example, when travelling farmers or traders are moving around) ARPK clans are supposed to help out if they get attacked by RPK groups.

In-game politics creates some grey areas though. I generally base PvP on 2 types for ARPK clans which are: Out of Town PvP and Grief War. Out of Town PvP means that if you encounter a hostile guild (or an RPK guild) you can PvP them. Whereas a Grief War would be killing in-town and limited only to Hostile clans or clans at war with.

This way we can organize clean pvp and have some happy time GF GG PvP... while keeping the "IM GONNA PISS ON YOUR CORPSE!" Warring PvP/Griefing seperate.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
let's take your example of rpking not around your town. To us that is still considered rpk.

Why? That's empire building. If you acknowledge not every guild is black or white (rpk is a black/white term) then why the need to label such a guild as rpk?
That contradicts the concept of not all guilds being black or white.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Why? That's empire building. If you acknowledge not every guild is black or white (rpk is a black/white term) then why the need to label such a guild as rpk?
That contradicts the concept of not all guilds being black or white.
Because Empire building is different then RPK. You said in your own terms you are RPKing away from town. How is RPKing away from town not RPKing? Sounds like you want to do what you want without repercussions. You can be an rpk empire building and that's okay but know that most people will consider rpking as rpking and put you down as rpk if they are arpk. Simple as that not that it's a bad way to play or anything being rpk empire building but that's just how people will see it which is what diplomacy and rpk vs arpk is all about. You may even do some diplomacy and get some arpk to not mark you as rpk which is great but you can't look down on people for calling it as they see it and marking you as rpk either.

True middle of the road neutral Empire building doesn't rpk or arpk they attack people on their KOS list who were put there after diplomatic relations failed and preferably that is publicly known. Empire building can lean rpk or arpk and clearly rpking as empire building is leaning towards rpk empire.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
You said in your own terms you are RPKing away from town.

No I didn't. However, even if you RPK away from town, you also anti-PK around town.
Why is it an RPK guild and not anti-PK guild then? They play 2 playstyles, why is RPK the label you choose then?

Piet

May 28, 2020
No I didn't. However, even if you RPK away from town, you also anti-PK around town.
Why is it an RPK guild and not anti-PK guild then? They play 2 playstyles, why is RPK the label you choose then?
See this is what I was saying before about wanting to do anything without repercussions. My guild attacks people who RPK you are RPKing. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if you also attack RPKs in some areas or anything else. Don't get me wrong I would still be open to diplomacy but that diplomacy would include the stop of rpking and instead using a KOS list or such.

You can't KOS people and not expect to also be KOS by them. In the same manner you can't RPK and expect that ARPK wont attack you for it.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
See this is what I was saying before about wanting to do anything without repercussions. My guild attacks people who RPK you are RPKing. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if you also attack RPKs in some areas or anything else. Don't get me wrong I would still be open to diplomacy but that diplomacy would include the stop of rpking and instead using a KOS list or such.

You can't KOS people and not expect to also be KOS by them. In the same manner you can't RPK and expect that ARPK wont attack you for it.

Forget this situation where you get attacked by a guild. This is about a neutral perspective. You have no interactions with this guild.

Why do you label them RPK rather than anti-PK? They do both.

This also has ZERO to do with avoiding repercussions or whatever. Not sure why people project that idea. I am trying to find out the logic as to why you would label a guild after one of their playstyles and not the other. This is an entirely hypothetical situation.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Forget this hypothetical situation where you get attacked by a guild. This is about a neutral perspective. You have no interactions with this guild.

This also has ZERO to do with avoiding repercussions or whatever. Not sure why people project that idea. I am trying to find out the logic as to why you would label a guild after one of their playstyles and not the other. This is an entirely hypothetical situation.
It doesn't matter if they arpk/kill rpkers if they also rpk. As ARPK we kill people who RPK and you rpk. Simple as that. To be fair KOTO isn't currently on our KOS because we haven't gotten any RPK reports about them but if they do RPK we will add them. It's not as complex as you're trying to make it. The only reason to try to make it that complex is to be able to RPK without being KOS to APRK hence I keep bring up the repercussions. Why would ARPK not kill people who are RPKing?

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
It doesn't matter if they arpk/kill rpkers if they also rpk. As ARPK we kill people who RPK and you rpk. Simple as that. To be fair KOTO isn't currently on our KOS because we haven't gotten any RPK reports about them but if they do RPK we will add them. It's not as complex as you're trying to make it. The only reason to try to make it that complex is to be able to RPK without being KOS to APRK hence I keep bring up the repercussions. Why would ARPK not kill people who are RPKing?

This wasn't about KOTO, this was about a hypothetical guild (as I have repeatedly stated). I don't care how you or anyone else labels KOTO.
Nobody cares about these "repercussions" either. If you think me trying to understand the logic behind labeling black/white is "an attempt to avoid repercussions" then you are just projecting.

Are you going to actually reply to what I write or are you going to go on about KOTO?

I repeat:

1. Is it that when one of the multiple playstyles of a guild is RPK, you automatically consider them RPK?
2. Is it purely based on your interactions with them? If they have RPK'ed you once they are RPK?

Both of these would have a subjective reasoning behind labeling a guild. Which makes the labels useless since then it becomes purely about opinion and the label loses all objective value.

Imagine you have had ZERO interactions with this guild. What would you label them as?

So I hope you have a more objective logic as to why you would label such a guild RPK?

Last edited:
Reactions: Suttner and Tekk

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
How about people stop using RPK, ARPK, PK or any other Acronym/title to try and justify what they do as a Guild or to another Guild. Instead how about we all just play the way we want to and not hide behind these sort of labels?

KotO for example is not ARPK. We are not RPK either. We have our own set of rules which define our terms of engagement.

Last edited:

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
How about people stop using RPK, ARPK, PK or any other Acronym/title to try and justify what they do as a Guild or to another Guild. Instead how about we all just play the way we want to and not hide behind these sort of labels?

KotO for example is not ARPK. We are not RPK either. We have our own set of rules with define our terms of engagement.
Those "Titles" might help define the guild rules inside a guild but they mainly represent how others see your guild.

Your guild's Terms of Engagement will define which of the "Titles" others players see you as, Empire Building, PVE, PvP, Griefer, Merchant all of these will fit under 1 of the 2 categories depending on 1 simple fact, does your guild allow the killing of random players.

The killing of random players is the absolute, even if you dont do it at home, it supersedes ARPK as soon as you allow it anywhere.

it may not suit your opinion or that of some others, but most if not all real ARPK guilds see it this way.

Reactions: Piet

Piet

May 28, 2020
This wasn't about KOTO, this was about a hypothetical guild (as I have repeatedly stated). I don't care how you or anyone else labels KOTO.
Nobody cares about these "repercussions" either. If you think me trying to understand the logic behind labeling black/white is "an attempt to avoid repercussions" then you are just projecting.

Are you going to actually reply to what I write or are you going to go on about KOTO?

I repeat:

1. Is it that when one of the multiple playstyles of a guild is RPK, you automatically consider them RPK?
2. Is it purely based on your interactions with them? If they have RPK'ed you once they are RPK?

Both of these would have a subjective reasoning behind labeling a guild. Which makes the labels useless since then it becomes purely about opinion and the label loses all objective value.

Imagine you have had ZERO interactions with this guild. What would you label them as?

So I hope you have a more objective logic as to why you would label such a guild RPK?
As I've said repeatedly it's all about if you allow rpk. If you do you're labeled as an RPK guild. Even if my guild hasn't been rpked by you.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Those "Titles" might help define the guild rules inside a guild but they mainly represent how others see your guild.

Your guild's Terms of Engagement will define which of the "Titles" others players see you as, Empire Building, PVE, PvP, Griefer, Merchant all of these will fit under 1 of the 2 categories depending on 1 simple fact, does your guild allow the killing of random players.

The killing of random players is the absolute, even if you dont do it at home, it supersedes ARPK as soon as you allow it anywhere.

it may not suit your opinion or that of some others, but most if not all real ARPK guilds see it this way.
Exactly. Well put.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
So if I protect my city and territory, help noobs, fight invaders and kill griefers im aRPK but If im gonna go on a pvp roam outside of my territory and engage in pvp im automatically RPK guild? there is more than 2 labels in this game dude, I don't even know if its worth mentioning that 'politics' exist in this game and all sorts of different guilds with different agendas ally, have NAP, have trade agreements and siege defenses together. Trying to place every guild in one of two brackets is meaningles, lets say trader/merchant guild hired an RPK merc guild to protect their goods on a transfer, does that make that merchant guild RPK since they make dealings with RPK/mecenary guild ? No it fucking doesn't, there is no such thing as a pure aRPK, sonner or later you will end up fighting an aRPK guild because some political bullshit happened, and what are the 'brackets' then ?
I've been in an aRPK guild for many years in MO1 and nothing ever in this game was so damn clear as we wanted it to be.

Piet

May 28, 2020
So if I protect my city and territory, help noobs, fight invaders and kill griefers im aRPK but If im gonna go on a pvp roam outside of my territory and engage in pvp im automatically RPK guild? there is more than 2 labels in this game dude, I don't even know if its worth mentioning that 'politics' exist in this game and all sorts of different guilds with different agendas ally, have NAP, have trade agreements and siege defenses together. Trying to place every guild in one of two brackets is meaningles, lets say trader/merchant guild hired an RPK merc guild to protect their goods on a transfer, does that make that merchant guild RPK since they make dealings with RPK/mecenary guild ? No it fucking doesn't, there is no such thing as a pure aRPK, sonner or later you will end up fighting an aRPK guild because some political bullshit happened, and what are the 'brackets' then ?
I've been in an aRPK guild for many years in MO1 and nothing ever in this game was so damn clear as we wanted it to be.
Not at all. You're confusing PK with RPK. As long as it's not randomly killing everyone you see you're good. Everyone makes more than enough enemies on their KOS list to pvp without killing random noobs on sight. The suggestion otherwise is ludicrous.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Not at all. You're confusing PK with RPK. As long as it's not randomly killing everyone you see you're good. Everyone makes more than enough enemies on their KOS list to pvp without killing random noobs on sight. The suggestion otherwise is ludicrous.

Then your earlier remark about KotO being RPK is absolutely false. Just an FYI.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Then your earlier remark about KotO being RPK is absolutely false. Just an FYI.
Glad to hear it. Personally I haven't marked KOTO at rpk yet. I like them and have people I know in it. I'm going off your recruitment post of will attack all other guilds and what one of your streamers said that if someone is red he'd priest camp them. Is there any rule against rpking in KOTO?

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
Glad to hear it. Personally I haven't marked KOTO at rpk yet. I like them and have people I know in it. I'm going off your recruitment post of will attack all other guilds and what one of your streamers said that if someone is red he'd priest camp them. Is there any rule against rpking in KOTO?
Yeah, if you are a peaceful citizen, an ally or have some sort of deal with us we won't touch you, basically if you don't fuck up in Meduli you are good. People that got priest camped, griefed and shit, generaly fucked up and got shitlisted. When we go on a roam outside of meduli we will fight anyone, but its not PURE random, like we aint going to start killing newbies at random and crap like that we just looking for action.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Yeah, if you are a peaceful citizen, an ally or have some sort of deal with us we won't touch you, basically if you don't fuck up in Meduli you are good. People that got priest camped, griefed and shit, generaly fucked up and got shitlisted. When we go on a roam outside of meduli we will fight anyone, but its not PURE random, like we aint going to start killing newbies at random and crap like that we just looking for action.
That's why I haven't put you down as RPK myself yet. I know a lot of you and like you all I am just saying with how your rules are set as basically no rules when roaming it may end up that some of your members rpk and if so doesn't sound like they would be kicked or have any negatives at all for doing so. Already I got threatened with being priest camped because I was red, I don't grief and I don't think I am on your shitlist. I really hope to never add KOTO as RPK but we will see.