Horse Bags

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
we all know it just sucks to get only 5k materials for most people :D
It does suck. I just find it funny how everyone is so triggered over a bug being removed. Like we got plenty of mats already are yall burning through them or what lmao. My banks full in several towns I'm ready for bank overhaul or player bags but I can wait on horse bags

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
It does suck. I just find it funny how everyone is so triggered over a bug being removed. Like we got plenty of mats already are yall burning through them or what lmao. My banks full in several towns I'm ready for bank overhaul or player bags but I can wait on horse bags

Like I said before, I don't think it was a "bug" at all. Rather they hadn't implemented a limit to horse carry weight yet.
I don't think anyone expects to be able to carry 5 tonnes when the horse bags arrive but being able to carry more on foot than on horseback is a bit off :D

Reactions: Suttner

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Like I said before, I don't think it was a "bug" at all. Rather they hadn't implemented a limit to horse carry weight yet.
I don't think anyone expects to be able to carry 5 tonnes when the horse bags arrive but being able to carry more on foot than on horseback is a bit off :D
You could always carry more on foot in your inventory than on horseback. It's also quite logical as this would be true in real life too.

Reactions: Archiel

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
You could always carry more on foot in your inventory than on horseback. It's also quite logical as this would be true in real life too.

Go easy on the mushrooms, okay (you could carry 3000+ on horseback but not on foot. In MO1 you could ride a donkey with like 3 times the max weight of your personal inventory). And this isn't real life.

Last edited:

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Go easy on the mushrooms, okay (you could carry 3000+ on horseback but not on foot. In MO1 you could ride a donkey with like 3 times the max weight of your personal inventory). And this isn't real life.
No, you couldn't. Your mount could, but you definitely couldn't.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
No, you couldn't. Your mount could, but you definitely couldn't.

Yes you could, on horseback. We had saddlebags.
If you're talking about "inside your char's inventory" then you're just playing childish semantics cause you know very well we're talking about being able to transport more weight on a mount than on foot. Which pawn carries the actual weight matters not.

Right now you can transport more weight on foot than mounted.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
If you're talking about "inside your char's inventory" then you're just playing childish semantics cause you know very well we're talking about being able to transport more weight on a mount than on foot. Which pawn carries the actual weight matters not.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit I see.

Here, read this one more time:

"You could always carry more on foot in your inventory than on horseback. It's also quite logical as this would be true in real life too."

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Reading comprehension not your strong suit I see.

Here, read this one more time:

"You could always carry more on foot in your inventory than on horseback. It's also quite logical as this would be true in real life too."

Okay, rad this again:

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Okay, rad this again:

I'm not playing anything. I made a statement that was true and you misunderstood because you can't read. Instead of owning up to your mistakes you call me childish and tell me it's my fault. I can't help you bro!

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I'm not playing anything. I made a statement that was true and you misunderstood because you can't read. Instead of owning up to your mistakes you call me childish and tell me it's my fault. I can't help you bro!

No, you made a false claim and now want to blame it on my reading comprehension. "I didn't mean 1+1 = 3, bro, you just read it wrong."
Okay...

"Right now you can transport more weight on foot than mounted. "

True or false?

• Haha
Reactions: BongRips

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
Where are the horse bags? You guys removed a key aspect of moving materials through the world without giving us anything to compensate the removal. There has been zero communication on this issue. So far I'm seeing SV make the same mistakes of the past.
One word - Beta o_O

Wait until the full game comes out if you're too impatient to help test the game piece by piece. I don't know if you played MO1 but many of us that have can tell you right now you do not want a rushed game with things implemented before they are tested and working properly.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
One word - Beta o_O

Wait until the full game comes out if you're too impatient to help test the game piece by piece. I don't know if you played MO1 but many of us that have can tell you right now you do not want a rushed game with things implemented before they are tested and working properly.

First I'll repeat myself: I'm personally not bothered by having to wait until we can move more items again on horseback.

Secondly: you entirely missed the point of the complaints people have.
It's not about "gib horsebags now" it's rather "perhaps you shouldn't have implemented horse weight until you had the horsebags ready".
The goal of the complaints is not to get something quicker now, it's to give some advice to SV on how they'd like to see similar things handled in the future.

So your remark about impatience is misplaced and irrelevant.

Doesn't really matter now, horsebags will be here soon. There's just something very petty about people trying to invalidate other people's complaints by straw manning.

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
First I'll repeat myself: I'm personally not bothered by having to wait until we can move more items again on horseback.

Secondly: you entirely missed the point of the complaints people have.
It's not about "gib horsebags now" it's rather "perhaps you shouldn't have implemented horse weight until you had the horsebags ready".
The goal of the complaints is not to get something quicker now, it's to give some advice to SV on how they'd like to see similar things handled in the future.

So your remark about impatience is misplaced and irrelevant.

Doesn't really matter now, horsebags will be here soon. There's just something very petty about people trying to invalidate other people's complaints by straw manning.
Look, dress it up how you like, but you want to be able to move shit around quicker, and yes you're being impatient.

They need to test the weight of players on horses at some point and its effects like getting bucked off and all the different glitches and exploits that could happen with that. We're here to test not to just play half a game as if it is a full game even if it is fun to do so.

I get what you're saying but going out of their way to alter code to be something that isn't necessary for our pew pew convenience isn't what the beta is about.

But yeah, bags will be here soon, the game will be released one day, things will eventually happen :p

SV is doing a great job, and showing they have learnt!

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Look, dress it up how you like, but you want to be able to move shit around quicker, and yes you're being impatient.

Thanks for displaying a massive lack of reading comprehension.

Me: "I'm not bothered by the wait at all. Nobody is asking to have it NOW. People can wait."
You: "REEEEEEE stop being so impatient!"

Man, the forum's clown population is back. 🤡

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
I thought you were the guy that wrote the thread lol, you respond to me with "First I'll repeat myself: I'm personally not bothered by having to wait until we can move more items again on horseback. " And since I had only addressed the original poster, I assumed that was you, but well we shouldn’t make assumptions haha. My apologies for that.

I mean to be honest, if you didn't care you wouldn't be talking about this so much, the fact you're not playing until they had horse bags suggest you do in fact care quite a bit. They need to test weight, they don't need to make a feature for gamers convenience, they just don't, its a waste of time, the game will be just fine without those changes for a month or so :rolleyes:

I'll give you another unsolicited peice of psychology. If you're trying to convince everybody you don't care, you're actually trying to convince yourself.

Anyways i've had my jollys, good day to you sir 🧐

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Since this issue will be fixed, possibly as soon as today. I hope this is what gets carried forward.

In the future, SV should consider more the priority in which they release game changes. Fixing certain issues before other features are implemented can sometimes hurt the game.

I feel this is heavily at play with mounts in general currently. The whole system with different player size and weights affecting your riding capability might be a lot more meaningful if we had light and heavy mounts to play around with. I question why we're playing with it at all without a couple more horse varieties at least.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I mean to be honest, if you didn't care you wouldn't be talking about this so much, the fact you're not playing until they had horse bags suggest you do in fact care quite a bit. They need to test weight, they don't need to make a feature for gamers convenience, they just don't, its a waste of time, the game will be just fine without those changes for a month or so :rolleyes:

First of all, props for admitting a mistake.

"if you didn't care you wouldn't be talking about this so much" is a correct statement but what I care about is not having to wait for horse bags. What I care about is people dismissing other people's complaints based on a false assumption that they are just being impatient or want to have the "horse bug" back.

"the fact you're not playing until they had horse bags suggest you do in fact care quite a bit"
Not really. It just makes little logical sense to spend days collecting now what I could collect in a few hours once horse bags arrive. If you mean I care quite a bit about not wasting effort...sure. I don't consider that a bad thing.

" They need to test weight, they don't need to make a feature for gamers convenience"
They are not mutually exclusive. If they need to "test weight" (although this is based on what exactly? What YOU think they are doing?), they can do it by simply taking off the horse bags. "Testing weight" in this instance is not a valid reason to "inconvenience gamers".

What really happened here, most likely, is they only implemented the mount inventory feature/story partially. Which is why we're now in an in-between where mounts do take into account player weight but at the same time the means to work around this (horse bags) have not yet been implemented. This "they need to test weight" scenario is rather implausible.

Mounts taking into account rider weight, horse bag (item),.... they are nothing but sub items of an overarching story "mount inventory" and why it was partially implemented rather than waiting for all the sub tasks to be done first? Who the fuck knows...

Dronegan

Apr 6, 2021
The bottom line is that it was an unsmart move to fix the horseweight before adding horsebags.

I had the time of my life the first two weeks of this game, then the content ran out.
There is not much to do except farm some quick gold, buy gear and go and pvp.

I rerolled new characters and started exploring crafting for the fun of it. Then the horsefix came and its not worth it anymore. More of a hassle than fun tbh.