To help ensure the success of the game would you...?

Would you be willing to pay for an extra "sponsor" account to help players try the game

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
The way games are going these days players like us REALLY need this game to succeed or we are going to be stuck playing junk like New World, Guildwars 3, WoW 2 oh and Star Citizen in 20 years with our social security money (if it hasn't been stolen) that being said I would like to put forth a radical idea and see if players would be interested in it.

ONLY IF EXECUTED CORRECTLY:

The idea is a sponsorship system where you as a Mortal Online Devotee would pay for another account. The account would be tied to your main account as a sponsor account and only username and login info of the sponsor account would be given to a gamer who was interested in trying the game. There could be an incentive to make their own account after being sponsored like a discount etc. It could be engineered in such a way that the gamer could be completely random and not get access to your financial information. The player could also be incentivized to help you collecting resources etc while they try the game. (Obviously you would not force them to only do this as you can basically pay for this already if you wanted it) Let's face it nothing is in place to stop players from owning 2 accounts anyway so there would be no exploitation going on there.

Vote as if any unusual kinks could be worked out and there was no exploitation (designed and engineered properly) as this is in the theoretical stage.

Last edited:

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
You mean like slavery?

"I'll let you use my sponsor account that I paid money for if you collect and provide me with in-game resources and services"

Lets just call a spade a spade - You want sub tokens that you can trade for money/resources to try and get an edge in game.

I'm not against sub tokens by the way - what does wealth matter in a full loot ffa game anyway? We all die naked and alone

Edit: I'm going to be paying my brothers sub anyway, so no difference really. He WILL farm materials for me or else.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Other games use trial keys that streamers can give out to the viewers. Keys with a few days of trial period. If the account pays subscription fee, then the streamer receives a reward for a number x of recruited players. Maybe a cape or a skins. Worked wounders in Albion Online.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
In the past I have paid for copies of games for friends I particularly wanted to come to a game with me. I'm not sure I'm in a position to do that currently, but that's the only form of sponsorship I would do for any game. Because the people I invested money in were people I felt were worth the investment.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You want to pay for other people to play the game? ....wtf, pay for me then. I’ll play with your money.

instead of this complete waste of money why, instead, don’t the vets of this game band together and stop doing what drives new players away from the game? Things Like farming nubes in graveyards, or scamming nubes at the auction house, wardecking nube guilds, etc.

it drives me nuts how all these vets are always talking about growing the community in the forums and then in game they do nothing but greef and harras the most vulnerable and clueless. Granted there have been some exception but they are always the few and often get ganged up on by so called rpk guilds(Talar Matar anyone?)

You want the game to grow? Stop being a douche in game to new players and help them instead.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
You want to pay for other people to play the game? ....wtf, pay for me then. I’ll play with your money.

instead of this complete waste of money why, instead, don’t the vets of this game band together and stop doing what drives new players away from the game? Things Like farming nubes in graveyards, or scamming nubes at the auction house, wardecking nube guilds, etc.

it drives me nuts how all these vets are always talking about growing the community in the forums and then in game they do nothing but greef and harras the most vulnerable and clueless. Granted there have been some exception but they are always the few and often get ganged up on by so called rpk guilds(Talar Matar anyone?)

You want the game to grow? Stop being a douche in game to new players and help them instead.
I 100% agree.

Many Vets always complain about empty game. But killing and greefing people out of the game.
That is what im saying since 11 years.

But the People wont change they will still complain about a empty game and no new players. while they keep on slaughtering scamming and harassing new players. So they got themselves in the misery.

I just hope that atleast for that second release of the game that atleast a few people come to common sense and atleast stopping for two months to kill every new player on sight. and stuff.

But we all know that will never happen. So good luck on keeping new players. xD

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

Right, if players play the game as an open PvP full loot game it will fail. What a joke.

This excuse used by the community for SVs ineptitude to develop a functioning game is hilarious to me.

Make a good game and those who like it will stay even if some scrubby bandit kills them a few times. Not to mention that a well build game would offer said bandits enough things to do so that only a minority would actively hunt new players.

Which then opens up a role for white knights like you to protect them. Although you sound like someone who prefers others to do it for you.

Reactions: Suttner

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
I 100% agree.

Many Vets always complain about empty game. But killing and greefing people out of the game.
That is what im saying since 11 years.

But the People wont change they will still complain about a empty game and no new players while they keep on slaughtering scamming and harassing new players. So they got themselves in the misery.

I just hope that atleast for that second release of the game that atleast a few people come to common sense and atleast stopping for two months to kill every new player on sight. and stuff.

But we all know that will never happen. So good luck on keeping new players. xD
We all get what we deserve in the end. Let's see what that turns out to be

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Right, if players play the game as an open PvP full loot game it will fail. What a joke.

This excuse used by the community for SVs ineptitude to develop a functioning game is hilarious to me.

Make a good game and those who like it will stay even if some scrubby bandit kills them a few times. Not to mention that a well build game would offer said bandits enough things to do so that only a minority would actively hunt new players.

Which then opens up a role for white knights like you to protect them. Although you sound like someone who prefers others to do it for you.

Case and point.

The douche club is never far in MO.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
The reviews will be devastating. I think it will not so hardcore bad like in 2015 but it will be very horrible.
SV must calculate with a shitstorm from game review sites and youtubers and other ignorant steam apes.

The thing is if the reviews on stema is bad than the reviews of reviewer will be bad. thats called framing and it will happen a lot.

So everyone of us should give there best to turn this niche sinkhole to the world. Framing also works in the opposite direction if you try hard enough.

Reactions: Suttner

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'd imagine that with plenty of Youtubers and Twitch streamers in the community showcasing the game for all the world to see, the discerning potential new player should be able to decide if the game is for them.

I am going with no for this one.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I'd imagine that with plenty of Youtubers and Twitch streamers in the community showcasing the game for all the world to see, the discerning potential new player should be able to decide if the game is for them.

I am going with no for this one.
the problem are not the reviwers or players in the community.

The problem are the shit youtubers that see mixed/bad reviews on steam and than they showcase the game and will say its shit.
The external people are the problem. xD

Give heaven 1000 Quests, so all game reviewers will think it´s a casual MMO and rate it with 10 Points
Oh man xD

IGN "Its like World of Warcraft, play it 9/11 Meta Score" xD
interresting idea. but no, but still funny idea.

Just systems to prevent random harrassment, scamming, killing, thieving, pushing, greefing from haven is okay.

On the Normal continent everything should be like it always was. but in haven ther emust be system to prevent shitty first 10min experience.

I remember once 2015 I saw a guy dominated a bear and abandon him in the tindrem gardens, that the bear kills all new player on the spawn point. that was before the lictor got added to the spot.
I mean exactly that is the reason why many new comers insta hated that game. Coming ingame and getting killed by a bear from some random dude for no reason just to spray salt around. That exactly that apragraph explains the problem of the game.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Other games use trial keys that streamers can give out to the viewers. Keys with a few days of trial period. If the account pays subscription fee, then the streamer receives a reward for a number x of recruited players. Maybe a cape or a skins. Worked wounders in Albion Online.
EVE Online has a program exactly like what you just described. Works rather well, the only downside is that EVE is so complex and near vertical learning curve that majority of newcomers will likely not continue beyond the trial period.

Not sure how SV feels about doing a program like this though. But given that MO2 has a Haven tutorial island, it might just work.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I really like this idea, maybe a simple click to pay $5 extra on my monthly sub for a week of haven access for a friend.

I'm thinking about a second account as many other players do. That's kind of sponsoring.

Im planning the next year of my life around buying computers to run at least 3 accounts :ROFLMAO: And Im still very glab its only 1 character per account.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I'm thinking about a second account as many other players do. That's kind of sponsoring.

Should not work, if 2 Accounts use the same IP, but then you could not make Lan Partys. Maybe the Character should log out, if he is afk for a specific ammoutn of time.

But that is just my opinion and the biggest Problem is the Bank Space.
My banks was full on every Character ! I used Trailaccounts for additional Bankspace.

We need 5 Bank Tabs. We shoudl be able to buy them, and there should be no limit on the Items inside the Bank, so you can fill every Slot with a large Bag.

A Crafter need a lot of Materials, but you also want to store Weapons, Armors Horses and much more.