You Nerfed My Specific Crafting Niche (and a lot of other cooking recipes) - Poo on You

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
You know I exist. I'm one of the few dedicated RPers on the server. Others RP, but I really get into it.

You know I make beer, which primary benefit of is low HN so you don't get as fat when drinking it for other nourishments. It's in all my ads... all over the damned Discord and forums.

You decide, "Wulp... the hardcore pvpers are tired of worrying about weight and noobs don't understand it... let's just allow them to lock it... who cares about cooks?"

Did you consider the effect this would have on the already barebones cooking system (that has been severely gutted since MO1 in my understanding)? One of the few niche parts of it that remained was balancing to prevent overflow of resources, which I painstakingly built my playstyle around since the game was launched, creating advertisements and an RP base. Purposely setting my prices low to compete and bring joy to Myrland through beer.

Fortunately, most of my beer is still relevant, but I'm going to have to do a lot of reformulating to compete with SIMPLE ONE INGREDIENT GRAIN FOOD NOW. YOU COMPLETELY NERFED MY CRAFTING WITHOUT THINKING TWICE!

My rice beer is now pretty useless outside of the East, when it used to renowned Myrland-wide for providing the best HN:SN available.

Just damned bonehead! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggh!

I'm still going to play. I'm going to reformulate. I'm going to find a new niche. But as someone that has put a lot of fucking effort into a specific playstyle to have it beaten to a bloody pulp so folks can have convenience of not worrying about their weight... I think I should have some freedom to say...

POO ON YOU!

(You better damn well add a small buzz based on alcohol stat soon for this! But don't overdo it. I'm coming out with liquor and I want folks to be able to use it without being worthless! AND LET ME NAME MY DAMNED FOOD!)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I feel you 1000% even though I'm not playing. I even made a post on Reddit like "they could have fixed this by making it so that you can stop eating more easily, or make it so that you won't go from one weight to another without meaning to."

They actually deleted the top end of reserves. It's soso trash, but that's just the way the game is now, man.

One of the guy's comments (I have a weird memory for all the shit people say lool) was "Making something suck less isn't making it less hardcore."

Does it really suck? I mean, they have already changed cooking to where you just have to refill your reserves. You don't lose mass weight by dying, you don't get too hungry to rest.

I feel like they have lost what they had. I am close to making a YT vid talking about what I feel is necessary to actually head back in the right direction, but I don't think anyone really cares. haha. I might do it anyway, but yeah... the life sim part is important in MO, imo. People don't wanna do it, they can do the most basic shit like eating to fill their reserves, but just removing mechanics is stupid.

It's also stupid there is no effect of alcohol.

I def support ya on this.

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

TIANYUAN

Jun 13, 2023
You know I exist. I'm one of the few dedicated RPers on the server. Others RP, but I really get into it.

You know I make beer, which primary benefit of is low HN so you don't get as fat when drinking it for other nourishments. It's in all my ads... all over the damned Discord and forums.

You decide, "Wulp... the hardcore pvpers are tired of worrying about weight and noobs don't understand it... let's just allow them to lock it... who cares about cooks?"

Did you consider the effect this would have on the already barebones cooking system (that has been severely gutted since MO1 in my understanding)? One of the few niche parts of it that remained was balancing to prevent overflow of resources, which I painstakingly built my playstyle around since the game was launched, creating advertisements and an RP base. Purposely setting my prices low to compete and bring joy to Myrland through beer.

Fortunately, most of my beer is still relevant, but I'm going to have to do a lot of reformulating to compete with SIMPLE ONE INGREDIENT GRAIN FOOD NOW. YOU COMPLETELY NERFED MY CRAFTING WITHOUT THINKING TWICE!

My rice beer is now pretty useless outside of the East, when it used to renowned Myrland-wide for providing the best HN:SN available.

I'm still going to play. I'm going to reformulate. I'm going to find a new niche. But as someone that has put a lot of fucking effort into a specific playstyle to have it beaten to a bloody pulp so folks can have convenience of not worrying about their weight... I think I should have some freedom to say...

POO ON YOU!

(You better damn well add a small buzz based on alcohol stat soon for this! But don't overdo it. I'm coming out with liquor and I want folks to be able to use it without being worthless! AND LET ME NAME MY DAMNED FOOD!)
I will still buy your beer out of principle :sneaky:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem

POO ON YOU!

your beer makes your belly grow and your liver doesn't work well, it's better to cook salads from reeds, it's useful for such fatty:LOL:

• Haha

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Slarti if you wanna write up some shit to MO devs I'll cosign. lol. If dudes don't care about my opinion on their trash cooking system and nubby changes / not being able to name food, I dunno what to say. I put a lot into that in the relatively short time I played seriously.

I was doing what you were doing in MO. I remember how long you've been around. I wasn't role playing, per se, and I was doing the whole soph thing, but I custom made a lot of food for people based on what they wanted. The ideal is always to get people something they can eat to satisfy them and then maybe have something incase they die too much or overexert themselves. I was moderately happy with MO1 cooking system, especially factoring in soph.

I dunno who else in game is really cooking anymore. I mean since they made it so you don't even really need primary points in tools / advanced to cook max stuff it's like ehhh.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
I'm willing to bet it will get better but have no illusion that it might take a loooong time. Small team and I'm a niche corner of the game unfortunately (partially due to the unfinished nature of the things I use, like cooking, selling from a house, etc.), so my stuff is not gonna get voted very high in the road maps. They do appear to be continually doing little changes that usually move in the positive direction each patch, like the gathering ui and such. This last change with the lock was unfortunately not well thought out imo.

There's a few folks that sell the 1 ingredient stuff, but the system is in a tough spot for uses of advanced cooking beyond being able to make beer (which is a choice, I could probably make way more with 1 ingredient grain food). It is what it is. I do hope cooking gets some serious love and the broker to go alongside it so that we can sell and find things easier. And to be able to have an npc sell your items in your house? Or even multiple passwords for access chests so we can premake orders and give a password. The merchant side of the game is just so incomplete right now. The faster they get the combat stuff mopped up, though, the sooner we'll see attention. Seems like TC is finally in a better spot. Haven't seen as much bitching about it lately anyway.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm willing to bet it will get better but have no illusion that it might take a loooong time. Small team and I'm a niche corner of the game unfortunately (partially due to the unfinished nature of the things I use, like cooking, selling from a house, etc.), so my stuff is not gonna get voted very high in the road maps. They do appear to be continually doing little changes that usually move in the positive direction each patch, like the gathering ui and such. This last change with the lock was unfortunately not well thought out imo.

There's a few folks that sell the 1 ingredient stuff, but the system is in a tough spot for uses of advanced cooking beyond being able to make beer (which is a choice, I could probably make way more with 1 ingredient grain food). It is what it is. I do hope cooking gets some serious love and the broker to go alongside it so that we can sell and find things easier. And to be able to have an npc sell your items in your house? Or even multiple passwords for access chests so we can premake orders and give a password. The merchant side of the game is just so incomplete right now. The faster they get the combat stuff mopped up, though, the sooner we'll see attention. Seems like TC is finally in a better spot. Haven't seen as much bitching about it lately anyway.

yea back when TC dropped in MO1, I was like I'm gonna make a restaurant! haha. Dreams dreams.

That's what I want from sandboxes, though. They could do it if they just put some effort into it. I dunno why they wanna do mounts and dungeons and such instead of making the game more deep. O well.

Like I said tho lemme know if you want another cook person's support on anything. I don't pretend they care about these messages anymore. I just type when I feel like it.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I wouldnt back out so soon. They may be forced to add something interesting like food buffs.

Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Locking the weight just so sweaties can stuff themselves with more blood kua or what was the reason for the changes?
Cooking is strange ngl. Poisonous or at least sketchy ingredients seem to be the best. Pyrite SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR COOKING and the most commonly used form of Nitre would be Ammonium nitrate, which is an explosive.
I have yet to care about food poisoning when making healing food, which seems not really thought out. the strongest HoT food should kill you on the spot, ventriosus,pyrite,nitre,sator carcass, clothos queen carcass...thats poison and you dont have to care about it at all.
Also more sophisticated recipes (beer vs roasted spelt, roasted apple vs apple pie) dont seem to be worth the effort most of the time, which is really, really sad. Also you still cant get drunk from drinks or potions (those 130hp pots should get you so shitfaced you fall off your horse imo) so I think cooking in general needs a rework and Healing foods need a nerf.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Locking the weight just so sweaties can stuff themselves with more blood kua or what was the reason for the changes?
Cooking is strange ngl. Poisonous or at least sketchy ingredients seem to be the best. Pyrite SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR COOKING and the most commonly used form of Nitre would be Ammonium nitrate, which is an explosive.
I have yet to care about food poisoning when making healing food, which seems not really thought out. the strongest HoT food should kill you on the spot, ventriosus,pyrite,nitre,sator carcass, clothos queen carcass...thats poison and you dont have to care about it at all.
Also more sophisticated recipes (beer vs roasted spelt, roasted apple vs apple pie) dont seem to be worth the effort most of the time, which is really, really sad. Also you still cant get drunk from drinks or potions (those 130hp pots should get you so shitfaced you fall off your horse imo) so I think cooking in general needs a rework and Healing foods need a nerf.

they just are making foods like they made pots. That's not how you cooked for sophistication, and I wonder if the method used would result in more ridiculous HoT food. The pot foods (edibles :eek: ? ) are definitely shameful. It just shows they don't care about their systems.

You could put (almost?) anything in the box in MO1. Now you can't. You can put OGH but you can't put some other things haha. If you cooked something weird in MO1, you'd just get a failed result. Also you can still cook raw carcs to level.

Weight lock is shameful. Blood Kua being a good healing food is shameful. It should have to be an actual recipe. I wouldn't mind the HoT food if I didn't know people were using it the same way they'd use alchemy. If it's any consolation, they are probably not getting max efficiency haha.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
I made a suggestion a while ago which added "bloat" to anything edible. Essentially a modifier to how much hunger was consumed when you eat it, so lower would be more hunger efficient.

Let's for simplicity's sake say all uncooked food has 10 bloat. A very simple way to make things interesting would then be to have each ingredient added to cooked food remove 0.5 bloat and another 2-3 if you use named ratio recipes (beer, stew, pie, etc), meaning the more stuff you put in a recipe the better it would be, in terms of hunger.

In short, this would allow people to still stuff their faces with raw fish should they want to, but if they do it too often they'll quickly run out of hunger, so finding ways to add more ingredients without ruining the recipe would be what cooking is about. For instance, just adding salt and pepper would reduce 1 bloat from any food.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Yes, a bad choice of StarVault. Weightloss food almost disappeared from the broker. Everybody optimizes the character weight and locks it without further thinking about the right food.

Another function to make the game easier. Like the stupid option to disable criminal actions. MO1 had been much harder than MO2.