World chat.

factionanrky

Dec 9, 2022
Sick and f****** tired of seeing "please keep help chat on topic.
Please provide us with another channel. Global, World, whatever. It'll save the GMs spamming the same nonsense as well as allow people actually looking for help to read the replies before its all filled with spam and BS again.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This game has no need for world chat, and it would prol be better if there was some secret message to make people not be able to communicate beyond a certain distance. Of course, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, so... but even stuff like guild chat is kinda sketchy for what MO is trying to do. Help chat is wild. I dunno, mane... I mean I have like top autisms that bother me and world chat is one of them. I can't deal with dudes scrolling down talking about what is going on in the world while I'm trying to play somewhere else. :eek:

It would be kinda cool if there was a deeper world chat like a stone you could touch and post messages on and it'd have the chat of other people who recently posted it. If you wanted to get some idea of the 'pulse' of the world, but actual chat is NOT good for immersion. So and so is here, get em, just got ganked, watch out for, wts... I don't wanna see any of that shit. I would turn it off, but I think the game should not have it, either.

The only thing world chat would be is a lot of people talking shit, be real. At least people would have to type, tho, all these people I've come across who only use VoIP, I could be like AHA. SO U DO TYPE.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
They should just restrict help chat to Haven and once on the mainland you can't see it anymore. Most of the time, it's people on Haven talking to other people on Haven anyway. Not like I could help them even if I wanted to.

Alternatively, replace help chat with separate town chat for each town that only works when you're within the bounds of the 10 second log out timer. That would free up GM resources to assist with other things than trying to keep help chat on topic, which people seem to constantly test the GM's patience and push the boundaries.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I agree with the town chat. Even though i would love for people to use more local chat/voice chat or maybe some sort of shout option.
World is just not fitting for this game.
I would like information boards in towns though where you can post news and information about gankers and such.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I agree with the town chat. Even though i would love for people to use more local chat/voice chat or maybe some sort of shout option.
World is just not fitting for this game.
I would like information boards in towns though where you can post news and information about gankers and such.

man you used to be able to put up notes and stuff (assuming they didn't turn blank,) lol it's really amazing how much more flavor Mo1 had. I mean /y is town chat haha. I like the spacetime restrictions of MO chat, given this is trying to be THE MOST IMMERSIVE MMO EVOR.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
As with lighting and everything else in this game, of course adding a global chat would be the smart solution, since it would clear up help chat to those who really need help and allow others to chat elsewhere, but it goes against 'the vision' so it's a no

Reactions: Gnidex

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
help chat shouldn't exist, neither should name tags or any form of player identification, names don't float in real life...you learn to recognize people by face and shape and movement ect ect. what if people just walked around with walking name tags that would be hella weird. also, the guild system and the war systems shouldn't exist either. give people codes and have an owner who can change the locks.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
help chat shouldn't exist, neither should name tags or any form of player identification, names don't float in real life...you learn to recognize people by face and shape and movement ect ect. what if people just walked around with walking name tags that would be hella weird. also, the guild system and the war systems shouldn't exist either. give people codes and have an owner who can change the locks.

I will repeat my awesome suggestion re: war. War would be a declaration that allowed asset destruction. The rest of PvP would be handled by game mechanics, aha.

But yea, I dunno why people want world chat. Every world chat in every game I've played is sooo trash. Help chat was trash in MO1 when you only got x hours, it's prol trash now (I only see it on other people's screens on vids haha,) it's one of the worst features of MO. Help chat lol. I wonder how many people actually get helped by it.

If the game was better in terms of performance and gfx I could agree w/ other points, but I def think names and colors are important.

Reactions: Xunila

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
They should just restrict help chat to Haven and once on the mainland you can't see it anymore. Most of the time, it's people on Haven talking to other people on Haven anyway. Not like I could help them even if I wanted to.

Alternatively, replace help chat with separate town chat for each town that only works when you're within the bounds of the 10 second log out timer. That would free up GM resources to assist with other things than trying to keep help chat on topic, which people seem to constantly test the GM's patience and push the boundaries.
The town chat is actually a great idea.

Add that, and restrict help chat to Haven.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah suggested Taven chat where you have to be in a tavern but all taverns chats are connected. You cant see what people are saying even if you are not in the tavern to draw people to the taverns but not talk unless you are in a tavern alive.

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
Restricting help chat to Haven isn't a great idea IMO because who are going to help the Haven noobs? Other Haven noobs who also don't know the answers?

Also there's a lot more questions noobs will have after they enter the real world compared to the limited experience in Haven.

They should make it time-based (e.g. a few days or weeks after leaving haven you lose access to help chat) like I'm pretty sure Henrik said they would do in the past, with the exception of players who frequently answer questions in the newb-help discord channel should get persistent access.

I agree with most people in this thread that global chat is unnecessary and probably unwanted by most in this game, I do think the town/tavern chat suggested is a good idea though.

Reactions: Cazik and Tzone

Sinister Shadowfox

Oct 2, 2021
We defiantly dont need a global chat wich would mostly be abused to shout locations of players and guilds while they are trying to do content. Theres so many ways to communicate outside the game.
I dont even like the help chat system. With Discord, Forums, and other players there are better ways to get help then our current help chat imo.

Reactions: Tzone

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
We defiantly dont need a global chat wich would mostly be abused to shout locations of players and guilds while they are trying to do content. Theres so many ways to communicate outside the game.
I dont even like the help chat system. With Discord, Forums, and other players there are better ways to get help then our current help chat imo.
With everyone and their mother using out of game communication people can already shout out ganker info at this very moment. So it is really something that wouldn't change. Have you seen the map pings?

Its the same thing as the map. Because the idiotic "vision" doesn't contain chat or maps players just made their own.

In the end you end up exactly where you would be if they were in the game.

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
Restricting help chat to Haven isn't a great idea IMO because who are going to help the Haven noobs? Other Haven noobs who also don't know the answers?

Also there's a lot more questions noobs will have after they enter the real world compared to the limited experience in Haven.

They should make it time-based (e.g. a few days or weeks after leaving haven you lose access to help chat) like I'm pretty sure Henrik said they would do in the past, with the exception of players who frequently answer questions in the newb-help discord channel should get persistent access.

I agree with most people in this thread that global chat is unnecessary and probably unwanted by most in this game, I do think the town/tavern chat suggested is a good idea though.
You have some good points here.

I think just adding a town based chat would be cool, as someone else suggested before. Make the proximity the same as the safe logout area.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I would like to argue that if you want a general chat in this game, you do not really understand the design philosophy of the game.

I think what they should do is let anyone join in haven, and once out of haven, you have to apply as a special role (like a forum or discord mod) in order to join.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
No! Please restrict the help chat to Haven. Don't implement new global or world chat. Most players will disable them as they switched off the Help chat.

They need to go back to MO1 help chat rules. 24hrs after leaving Haven.. that is it.

Sinister Shadowfox

Oct 2, 2021
With everyone and their mother using out of game communication people can already shout out ganker info at this very moment. So it is really something that wouldn't change. Have you seen the map pings?

Its the same thing as the map. Because the idiotic "vision" doesn't contain chat or maps players just made their own.

In the end you end up exactly where you would be if they were in the game.
Nope dont see the map pings and alot of people dont constantly watch it. I think global chat vs other communication are not the same and do not have the same impact.