The lack of an inituitive guild UI and bank/storage is disappointing.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
The current UI barely works, some times it shows people online as offline and vice versa, some times it doesn't show people at all, and then there's dead entries with people who left. It's a real mess. Obviously this is stuff that can be fixed, but the fact it was introduced in such a "whateva" and barely functioning manner is disappointing.

Eventually we'll be able to build a bank (whenever that will be), but it's something most of us need right now, especially when we're trying to funnel resources to our crafters. The current bank storage capacity just doesn't suffice, we need a guild bank in each town as well.

Last edited:

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
The current UI barely works, some times it shows people online as offline and vice versa, some times it doesn't show people at all, and then there's dead entries with people who left. It's a real mess. Obviously this is stuff that can be fixed, but the fact it was introduced in such a "whateva" and barely functioning manner is disappointing.

Eventually we'll be able to build a bank eventually (whenever that will be), but it's something most of us need right now, especially when we're trying to funnel resources to our crafters. The current bank storage capacitiy just doesn't suffice, we need a guild bank in each town as well.
Most systems in place are literally just placeholders. Be patient. It's still in closed beta...

Piet

May 28, 2020
They need to fire their UI person. Shouldn't UI be one of the easiest parts? But it always has loads of issues and is generally poorly made.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
Most systems in place are literally just placeholders. Be patient. It's still in closed beta...

What you don't realize is they were willing to go in to EA with these current "placeholder" systems, before the holy hell of bugs that broke loose during the stress test.

There's been on indication of a guild city bank, but what's worse is we'll like have to wait for them to introduce building which might be months away since those are custom assets they have to build (unlike the majority of the houses and cities which they purchased).

Reactions: MolagAmur

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
What you don't realize is they were willing to go in to EA with these current "placeholder" systems, before the holy hell of bugs that broke loose during the stress test.

There's been on indication of a guild city bank, but what's worse is we'll like have to wait for them to introduce building which might be months away since those are custom assets they have to build (unlike the majority of the houses and cities which they purchased).
The stress test did exactly what it should have done. We are beta testing things currently in the game. No need for pitchforks and torches to come out because you want something added right this second.

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
the bank space is sad, sv needs to up the limit since we have been moved from 4 characters to 1 character. should honestly get 200 slots and not 50.

people might think that's overkill but gear takes up a lot of space. armor sets, bandages, weapons, potions, money, materials, bows, arrows, reagents, etc. with 50 slots I delete most of what I end up getting.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
the bank space is sad, sv needs to up the limit since we have been moved from 4 characters to 1 character. should honestly get 200 slots and not 50.

people might think that's overkill but gear takes up a lot of space. armor sets, bandages, weapons, potions, money, materials, bows, arrows, reagents, etc. with 50 slots I delete most of what I end up getting.
Bags aren't In yet. Used to have all armors in bags tbh. I do think a bank size increase is in order though.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The stress test did exactly what it should have done. We are beta testing things currently in the game. No need for pitchforks and torches to come out because you want something added right this second.
I get what you're saying. But we all played MO1 and know how they just added things that felt halfway done and moved on to another. I get they need placeholders because its beta..but when you have too many placeholders is when things start to get messy.

So I don't think him wanting the UI (which has been here since Day 1) to be polished in the near future is too much to ask.

Reactions: BongRips

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I feel like SV has always been historically bad with UIs and consistencies with inputs across systems, this is an area they should have learned from over the years and improved, but improvement can barely even be considered incremental over the years.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Also +1 for the guild bank in towns. Its been hinted that it may come. I really do hope so.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I feel like SV has always been historically bad with UIs and consistencies with inputs across systems, this is an area they should have learned from over the years and improved, but improvement can barely even be considered incremental over the years.
agreed, their UI has always been godawful. They even kept the ridiculous one pixel gap between items in the inventory which you can still accidently drop items into which tries to delete them. i dont mind visually if there is a one pixel gap but it should be attached to one of the slots and not just considered empty space.

IMO, guild banks and extra town storage should be postponed indefinitely in favor of the housing system and storage chests in houses. i'm ok with having some amount of unsiegable/invulnerable storage in towns but it shouldnt allow for huge quantities and the limitations should be part of the push for players to leave towns and create their own villages which then they would need to defend (or play politics) to not get blowed up.

-barcode

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
IMO, guild banks and extra town storage should be postponed indefinitely in favor of the housing system and storage chests in houses. i'm ok with having some amount of unsiegable/invulnerable storage in towns but it shouldnt allow for huge quantities and the limitations should be part of the push for players to leave towns and create their own villages which then they would need to defend (or play politics) to not get blowed up.

-barcode
I think housing and storage chests are definitely useful. However, most everyone kept their valuables inside of town storages anyway and only kept mid-tier crafting mats inside houses due to the possibility of losing access overnight while you sleep. That storage is still very useful though.

We already have unsiegeable/invulnerable storage inside of towns. Its just doesn't have the added QoL benefit of being useable by the whole guild without telling someone to log on, or run over to a town because they have to put it in their bank even if they intended to give it to the guild. The map is 6x larger as well...so compiling guild mats and having access to them is just that much more difficult than MO1.

I get what you're saying...but I'm telling you we have the same result either way...but without a guild bank in town it makes it much more of a hassle for zero gameplay benefit.

Reactions: Putzin

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
I get what you're saying. But we all played MO1 and know how they just added things that felt halfway done and moved on to another. I get they need placeholders because its beta..but when you have too many placeholders is when things start to get messy.

So I don't think him wanting the UI (which has been here since Day 1) to be polished in the near future is too much to ask.
Agreed, I just hate the way some people talk on here like they aren't pouring their heart into mo2 when I fully believe they are.