Suggestion for alternative clade gifts based on murder counts and time lived.

Ghoul

Nov 24, 2021
Simple suggestion for making changes or additions to the clade system.
Even if the game doesn't distinguish between blue and red players yet, the community already is. I would like to see a simple addition to the clades based on which side you are. In addition to this, staying alive for a specific time gives access to extra clades that are lost if the player dies.

Example
The blue nodes are accessible if a player is below the murder count
The red nodes are accessible if a player is above the murder count
The green nodes are accessible if a player has lived for a set amount of time
T_zsp0JknG6tVkqkRaJ-SIzvdvEjQx9fx_QprRJ-Cs_IPHVBjCSU7QTGA5HoK-jO7v3mFnpJzoonoaASlRcQLydNp5_5lvL7H0RIem-jc6hJxmKvnyMRDYU6koMda410VtCAgpLW

I'm not suggesting a full system, just the idea that a player can affect their playstyle more into either direction they take.

The upside to this is a sense of commitment and specialization that furthers the chosen path.
The “life length nodes” are simply rewards for staying alive and furthers the urgency of surviving. More risk vs reward.

Would love to see suggestions on this topic as well. I purposefully left it open ended to engage in discussion rather than presenting a full system.

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• clades.png
    clades.png
    324.6 KB · Views: 0

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
I am against rewarding staying alive since it deters people from having fun even more unless the "stay alive" clades do not require clade points and are of little consequence (+1% health?).

• Haha
Reactions: Tzone and Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I am against rewarding staying alive since it deters people from having fun even more unless the "stay alive" clades do not require clade points and are of little consequence (+1% health?).
That would depend on your definition of fun. :)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like alternative content for being a red player.

Good players should get buffs for one thing, neutral players or another, and evil players different buffs.

The Fable series had a fun karma system that was very fun.