Sprints 7 & 8 on Updated Roadmap

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Considering the surrender system is basically half of the mechanics needed to implement thievery, it just might be thievery, I would certainly hope so.

I'm not super excited about any of the other things on the roadmap maybe except relics but that heavily depends on how they'll be implemented, from what henrik said yesterday, it sounds like one relic is just portable tephra crater, one is OP sword that will be kept deep inside some zergs village guarded by 20 guard towers never to be actually used, one is a guild buff which is probably the most OP one of all the relics depending on what the buff is, and the last 2 are literally relics that create loot which again, depends on what it loot is.

I have high doubts the relics will actually be possible to be contested by small groups [5-10 people] and will be the exact opposite, the moment one is seen, the relics alliance which will inevitably form will zerg it down each time.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The only way i would see relics being in anyway “fun content” would be if they periodically reset their position to a random place on the map. So for example: a guild finds a relic, they bring it to their keep/village, they use it for a few weeks, others can try to steal it and fight over it, but then the relic disappears and respawns somewhere else on the map. Rinse and repeat.

Otherwise what will happen is that the biggest zerg on the server will get the relic. They will bring it to their keep, and it will stay there forever because nobody wants to siege or deal with the zerg. The largest guilds dont need any more buffs or perks, they are already super strong. This is what happened in MO1. Only 2 or 3 guilds on the whole server were able to capture and keep the relics and everyone else was completely excluded from that content. I have very little faith that SV has learned anything from that fiasco.

None of the other stuff is very exciting. Id much rather see a whole lot of fixing and balancing whats already in game instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Clade Reroll Token without losing 10% of the total XP would be nice.
Dominators are able to ride a spider? Daily tasks?
Krampos in sprint 8 is coming every year during Xmas time. Maybe something new because of the announcement?

Guild heraldry would be very nice! We had the option long time ago in MO1 and StarVault implemented a few capes designed by players. One of the caps has been the Wolfszeit cape :)

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Am I the only one who finds these things stupid?

Moving into weird territory with daily tasks and riding spiders, feels like ESO.
There are enough friken mounts. Horses, molvas, bears, taur dogs, wolves, dire wolves, cougars, lizards, terror birds, pigs…and yet everyone just uses taur dogs, or horses as throw-away second choice, because the rest are total shit. We dont need more mounts, we need more balance between the current ones.

We dont need more shit, we need better balance with whats already in the game!

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
There are enough friken mounts. Horses, molvas, bears, taur dogs, wolves, dire wolves, cougars, lizards, terror birds, pigs…and yet everyone just uses taur dogs, or horses as throw-away second choice, because the rest are total shit. We dont need more mounts, we need more balance between the current ones.

We dont need more shit, we need better balance with whats already in the game!
Balance is hard, mounts are easy, they just copy over existing content and change it to a new store bought model. And we all knoww SV goes for that low hanging fruit. Half of this roadmap should have been in at launch 2 years ago.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Henrik just adds whatever he thinks is cool to the game. Riding spiders feels so out of place in this game I don't even know what to say...its goofy. The relics will just be like MO1 where people form alliances to defend them and sit them behind NPC guards.

MortalEnjoyer42069

May 4, 2024
Only thing of interest to me is relics and that isn't until late December. Nothing to do for over two months while still having broken servers, broken balance, and broken TC.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Henrik just adds whatever he thinks is cool to the game. Riding spiders feels so out of place in this game I don't even know what to say...its goofy. The relics will just be like MO1 where people form alliances to defend them and sit them behind NPC guards.

It's definitely the direction of the game. This shit is gonna be more like LOTRO than Ultima thoo. Not sure it's gonna work out.

I mean, they have to do something soon, right? Or are they just gonna let it fall into nothingness.

Too little, too late.

It's never too late, but it is too late to add in dogshit, so that's good. As the dogshit content barely moves the needle, we will see if they try to fix the game.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
It's definitely the direction of the game. This shit is gonna be more like LOTRO than Ultima thoo. Not sure it's gonna work out.

I mean, they have to do something soon, right? Or are they just gonna let it fall into nothingness.

It's never too late, but it is too late to add in dogshit, so that's good. As the dogshit content barely moves the needle, we will see if they try to fix the game.
Games been out for what....3 years now? Its too late. Its fallen into the hole MO1 was in for years and years. It will never get a large influx of players. Henrik isn't capable of it. Soon enough when the playerbase is only a few hundred he will start hyping up his new space game.

The only way this game will get better and grow is to put someone else in charge of lead game design rather than Henrik browsing the asset store and thinking "ohhh cool lets add this next". But that'll never happen. I hate to dog on the guy...but he's been trying to pull it off for over a decade...its time for new ideas.

The game doesn't need new mounts or daily tasks...its needs a fun and meaningful endgame loop and it needs to respect your time more.

Reactions: Xunila