Society:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I assume you guys read other stuff, so maybe you already saw this. Maybe someone will see it here? Maybe no one will care.

My contention is that Mortal Online 2 is a half baked game. haha. I've given this a lot of thought, and I have many ideas for how to subtly shift the game to achieve a better gameplay loop and world, but one of the things that occurred to me is that MO2 is missing mechanics that revolve around towns/cities. It is seen that everything will fall into place when the end game is working as intended. The end game is TC / pvp / making ogh, holding dungeons. All of that is outside of the main area where many players, especially new players, would spend their time.

What are the options for a new player? Tag up, basically. Find your niche, decide where you wanna be and tag up. That should be an option for people who want to do 'the full loot pvp' endgame, but I would argue that full loot pvp is a tool, a mechanic, not sustainable gameplay.

I propose that SV invests their resources in towns from this point forward, until it is equal to what they have put into the 'world.' Their previous investment in towns would be like... more guards... more guards... bounty npcs. It makes the town life very dry, running to npcs to charge your trinkets and stuff, check the broker, discuss things with other players, etc, but it's kinda 'you get what you get.' In the end, you get ready and go out to farm haha. That's pretty wack!

I thought being able to be a citizen would be a great start. Offering citizen benefits, allowing people to see who else is a citizen, someone even suggested citizen chat for towns. It's intriguing. It made me think of how to create an 'equal' social gameplay loop that would benefit the game immensely by appealing to more types of people and raising the stakes for every encounter.

How would we create something like that, a society? I don't have all of the answers, and the hardest part for me is how people would get into their 'roles' and how that would change. Assume that is a 'for later,' and just think about it after it's set up:

Imagine a town. Imagine Meduli. Lots of stuff goes on in Meduli. I can't think of what you would call the leader of meduli, but imagine that there is one. Imagine (getting tired of me saying that?) there is a societal structure similar to that of a guild. The city itself would generate resources based on activity, clade/prom and GOLD, this would be able to be distributed down the line. It would allow roles in the city, and people would be able to send other players on quests, give people jobs, and because the prom and gold was generated from the city itself, it would remove those who wanted to have that be their playstyle (like devote their life to being a merchant) from the loop of having to farm. Not saying they wouldn't have to go out and mine or get some resources at times, but they wouldn't be beholden to the same 'I gotta bring in x amount of gold' a day because they would be able to be paid by the city.

If you don't know, this creates a huge 'solo' game play experience for those who want it. You'd still have to poly your way into things, though.

And yes, it's possible that so and so leader could misuse the funds / clade, and that's why there needs to be a way to decide who is the leader and have it be based on public opinion. Corruption is 'a feature' to a point, but if people are just derping it out, it's not. It would generate content on all levels. Basically, it's making the game twice as deep by adding another possible source of revenue and thus allowing more freedom for certain players. These players could still be pvp'd etc, so that would not be an issue.

If you cannot see how something on this level would alter MO's 'potential' to become a fully functional sandbox, I dunno what to say. I admit there are some things I can't be sure of, like how do people get their roles, how do they lose their roles? BUT the idea of cities generating stuff seems fail safe to me.

There are so many places you can go from there, too. I'm not gonna rattle them off here, but I've talked about them before. It's, as I said, a second dynamic that creates so many more possibilities. It would impact everyone for the better. I think this is the next step, not adding more dungeons or ridable mounts.

If you read this and are like NO, I'm speechless. I just want people to think. Think think think. Let MO become better. ALL MY IDEAS ARE FREE, HENRIK. Don't hate on meee.