Server Capacity

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
The server capacity is locked to something below 5k Players since i am sitting in queue eventough less than 5K are playing atm (according to steam charts)
Thats a silly small number for such a silly huge map with gigantic destered filler space and only a few locations of interest.
Thats a big Ooooofff

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Myrland server cap is actually much lower than 5k, more likely around 2k since haven is included in that number..
MO1 server was unplayble at around ~1k player and crashed frequently at that number, so 2k is a 100% improvement :/
A mmo that only 2k at a time can play is more like a modded minecraft server

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The server capacity is locked to something below 5k Players since i am sitting in queue eventough less than 5K are playing atm (according to steam charts)
Thats a silly small number for such a silly huge map with gigantic destered filler space and only a few locations of interest.
Thats a big Ooooofff

It counts people in queue, too, remember that. Imagine, tho... 10k people on MO, regular map. No haven, open pvp outside of towns. Things would work themselves out. ALAS.

They allocated way too much haven space. The fact that you can just get into haven any time... Haven... ISN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
It counts people in queue, too, remember that. Imagine, tho... 10k people on MO, regular map. No haven, open pvp outside of towns. Things would work themselves out. ALAS.

They allocated way too much haven space. The fact that you can just get into haven any time... Haven... ISN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE.
They said game is capable of hosting 100k players between nave+haven, but its not even working with much less than a tenth of that

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They said game is capable of hosting 100k players between nave+haven, but its not even working with much less than a tenth of that

They said a lot of things lool is all I can say to that. Like I said "Meanwhile at SV HQ", imagine...

I am rapidly losing my desire to even play, tbh. I'm just watching ticks of mining/woodcutting in haven cuz you can actually log into haven. I feel like coming back in some months when the game is working.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
Thats a big Ooooofff

I assume the root of the problem is that, while they have huge map, players start in 1) fab, 2) tindrem or 3) meduli. Those nodes are crowded af, but rest of the cities are medium population at best, ever seen anyone at toxai? :D So, when they gave people the power to decide where they start, they unintionally made a bad decision, as most new players ask "what town is good to start at as new player after haven?" and they all get Fab as an answer. So now we the entire population within few cities, which mostlikely causes most of the issues.

If anyone of you actually believed the game could have those promised numbers of players online at the same time, you should had known better.