Reserve System

D

Deleted member 44

The reserve system is not working as intended. The reserve system was added in MO1 to prevent unlimited respawning. It was intended to be a hinderance to the player to stop them from respawning and immediately reentering the fight. Along with removing the soul bound short sword, we need to have a system that actual gives consequences for a player dying. I recommend adding a respawn prevention timer that scales logarithmically as the player continues to respawn at the same priest. The player can avoid this timer by waiting the allowed time to respawn at the same priest or can bypass the timer all together by spawning elsewhere. I suggest starting a five minute timer after the player has resurrected at the same priest at least three times in a 30 minute window.

Reactions: Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
The reserve system is not working as intended. The reserve system was added in MO1 to prevent unlimited respawning. It was intended to be a hinderance to the player to stop them from respawning and immediately reentering the fight. Along with removing the soul bound short sword, we need to have a system that actual gives consequences for a player dying. I recommend adding a respawn prevention timer that scales logarithmically as the player continues to respawn at the same priest. The player can avoid this timer by waiting the allowed time to respawn at the same priest or can bypass the timer all together by spawning elsewhere. I suggest starting a five minute timer after the player has resurrected at the same priest at least three times in a 30 minute window.
While your post quickly segways out from the Reserves, I agree they are not working as intended.

Spawning in should start us at low HP like in MO1, and reserves need to take a dastardly hit. On top of that, bring back not being able to rest if we are staving unless we have Meditation or Active Regeneration.

D

Deleted member 44

While your post quickly segways out from the Reserves, I agree they are not working as intended.

Spawning in should start us at low HP like in MO1, and reserves need to take a dastardly hit. On top of that, bring back not being able to rest if we are staving unless we have Meditation or Active Regeneration.
The entire hunger/reserve system was implemented to slow down the combat loop and not make it a battle royale.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Reserves only reason to be in this game was to prevent spawn spamming which it does not stop. Henrik him self said this was the only reason for the reserve system several times on stream.

Reserves punish players for mearly existing making a unnecessary time sink for players for just playing the game.

The game needs to revert the reserve system to the pre "complete" system we had before around june/july. And then add a respawn cool down/time if you die repeatedly at a priest. You should have consequences for spam respawning especially if they are giving your MCs for winning and protecting/controlling territory.

Eventually players will spawn with low health/stamina so that doesnt matter to me its that the victor has to glue them selves to a priest and get griefed by a person who gets the smallest of consequences and tries to die on purpose to you to MC and make you lose rep.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The starving system was really annoying. I’d like to see that come back as much as I’d like to see whoopie Goldberg scissoring Rosie O’Donnell. That is, I wouldn’t really want to see it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Reserves only reason to be in this game was to prevent spawn spamming which it does not stop. Henrik him self said this was the only reason for the reserve system several times on stream.

Reserves punish players for mearly existing making a unnecessary time sink for players for just playing the game.

The game needs to revert the reserve system to the pre "complete" system we had before around june/july. And then add a respawn cool down/time if you die repeatedly at a priest. You should have consequences for spam respawning especially if they are giving your MCs for winning and protecting/controlling territory.

Eventually players will spawn with low health/stamina so that doesnt matter to me its that the victor has to glue them selves to a priest and get griefed by a person who gets the smallest of consequences and tries to die on purpose to you to MC and make you lose rep.
Sadly by opening up this discussion you’re going to find out how truly annoying the reserve system was.

the system we have now is a god send relative to what we had to contend with before. Careful what you wish for

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I've been saying the soulbound sword is a bad idea and just gives options for a griefer to grief but everyone screams because they want to have a 1v1 montage of them killing someone with their shortsword while the other player is geared.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Just jumping in to say that i like the reserve system. It's a much better implementation of hunger than i've probably ever seen.
But yeah it doesn't solve the respawn problem.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I've been saying the soulbound sword is a bad idea and just gives options for a griefer to grief but everyone screams because they want to have a 1v1 montage of them killing someone with their shortsword while the other player is geared.
They few people who can 1vx worn shorty people really dont want it in game