Rep system sucks

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Everyone thinks the rep system sucks. SV makes mechanics to make the game less fun to get people to do other things but it doesnt work because for most people only play to PvP. No alternatives to PvP, no alternatives to mo2, so you just get a lot of pissed off PvPers still begrudingly playing your increasingly less fun game.

meanwhile you are focus'd so much on making the game less fun to PvPers that you dont make the game more fun for PvErs and are not giving them a reason to stick around are come replace those PvPers that do quit the game because of the BS changes you made.

How about give red player content away from the noobs to solve your problems instead of just doing what every possible to make the game worse for a section of your player base.

This is a REALLY solid point. It's exactly what happened to Pathfinder Online actually. They were so focused on curtailing muderhobos at the start that they failed to develop anything in the game that was actually... fun. MO2 is actually in a better state than that flaming pile of garbage but it's still something to learn from.

The rep and murder system seem to have been a huge drain and they're in a state nobody is really happy with them. Maybe focus on things like the task system and territorial control before like 5 more updates to make murderhobos less fun to play.

I know the people I know who left weren't reds but their reason for leaving wasn't "I'm tired of getting killed". It was "I was promised domination and all we have is crabs" and "dear god that launch was an absolute disaster, I have no more faith in this company".

Winner!

I like PvP but I want PvP that feels like it fits a low fantasy setting (When I do it). Some players wanting to be PKers... Fine. Bandit lords exist in fantasy books lol. I want MO2 to offer more choice to players and not through restrictive mechanics like "fill bar to PvP".

TBH I'm struggling to like MO2 and already uninstalled/reinstalled because of disappointment. I want this 'open sandbox MMORPG with full loot and PvP' theme. MO2 is feeling like a diluted version... Kind of like seeing a nice fresh glass of OJ and taking a sip to find out it has been watered down 1000 times already.

Rep system is another thing which makes it feel watered down.

Where is the trade-off? Player choice... Other than get all bars to max? SV could have made it so if you went + in 1 faction then it would put a - on another faction.
Rewards that can be bought at rep levels so that there is a reason for non-PvP to run them... Say some items can only be bought at max rep kind of thing. (I.E. Bor can be bought at max rep in Meduli.)
Risk in max reputation? Max reputation and well... It is reputation. Your character has max reputation and is very well known to the other factions. Other factions may wish to pay for assassinations of max rep players. Risk Vs Reward concept.

It feels as if SV didn't sit down and looked at how the players would use the mechanics they implement outside of their scenario.

Exacto, Big part of the debate for these past few months in these forums have been people complaining because theres not enough punishments. Several vets have jumped on the punishment train for statloss and other fantastic underwhelming ways to make game exerience even worse. Most of those complainers are not even debating the state of the game anymore.

But yes, the focus has been centered on punishing certain gamestyles while not addressing nor delivering quality content for even trying to give a fuck and retain a little of the population they have been bleeding out due to the negligent and sloppy development of the game. Haven is a deceptive version of the game and noobs are not being told how is it out there in nave. They have to relay on helpchat to understand the game and thats not giving a fuck about noobs.

So yeah i'm tired of idiots that think the game needs "hardcore" punishments and blame criminal playstyles for people quitting the game, yeah people quit cuz domitation is a joke, cuz crafting classes are poop, pve is bad, Henrique promises stuff they don't deliver and on top of that with every patch they make sure theres more tools and resources for macro social structures instead of thinking in the leftover minorities.

I've said it before, theres this antagonistic surreal debate between "pvprs" and "pvers", when the reality is both should seek the same, more quality content instead of conditioning player liberties.

Reactions: Midkemma and Tzone

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Right. I actually don't consider myself to "PvPer" in the sense that PvP is what I do primarily. I'm a perma-blue who spends more time gathering and making spreadsheets than fighting other players. I just understand the value good PvP content presents to these games.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae