Question on melee combat pacing and visibility

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
Two questions I would like advice on.

1. When I fight with people in melee and they run in my face swinging, I often have the problem that I can't see the movement of the weapon and arms of the enemy, most of the screen is blocked with their body. It usually occurs when I fight someone big, against small veela and even oghmir I don't usually notice this problem. I also play a small (both in height and fatness) character, maybe this matters since the camera is located lower?

2. What is the proper way to fight against people who charge their attacks and instantly release and repeat even when blocked or missing? What if they don't charge the attack and simply swing around? It seems that even if I parry and counter, they still do considerable damage. Is this the case where the difference in gear really matters and a deciding factor? Can they simply do this if they have good weapons and armor while I am using leather / bone?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Two questions I would like advice on.

1. When I fight with people in melee and they run in my face swinging, I often have the problem that I can't see the movement of the weapon and arms of the enemy, most of the screen is blocked with their body. It usually occurs when I fight someone big, against small veela and even oghmir I don't usually notice this problem. I also play a small (both in height and fatness) character, maybe this matters since the camera is located lower?

2. What is the proper way to fight against people who charge their attacks and instantly release and repeat even when blocked or missing? What if they don't charge the attack and simply swing around? It seems that even if I parry and counter, they still do considerable damage. Is this the case where the difference in gear really matters and a deciding factor? Can they simply do this if they have good weapons and armor while I am using leather / bone?

Sounds like you need a lesson in PvP, not questions answered.

People can try and answer them but practice makes perfect, and trying to solve your misunderstanding of PvP through text will not help.

If you want a better step to solving these problems without in-game action, watch PvP videos via the Discord.

• Wow
Reactions: Najwalaylah