Pure Mage VS Pure Footie

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
I see what you are saying and I appreciate the problem now. You feel that human mages and foot fighters are unequal in a 1v1 situation. I do not think many people will disagree with you in this regard. But you must already understand that any changes to a class will affect the entire game in all situations so any new system or balance decision must be considered with all situations in mind. You cannot only balance a build in only 1 situation (in this case 1v1). For example, currently human mages are MILES ahead of any build in any fight where more than 4 players are involved. They are by FAR the most valuable and powerful build in that case. So if you were to give them a stronger 1v1 - you would be indeed creating a larger disparity in all other cases as well. So any suggestion you give must keep that in mind. A defensive spell on a human mage would utterly break the game (which in some opinions is already quite unbalanced).

On a side note, there are pure mage builds that beat FF in 1v1 situations.

Last edited:

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I see what you are saying and I appreciate the problem now. You feel that human mages and foot fighters are unequal in a 1v1 situation. I do not think many people will disagree with you in this regard. But you must already understand that any changes to a class will affect the entire game in all situations so any new system or balance decision must be considered with all situations in mind. You cannot only balance a build in only 1 situation (in this case 1v1). For example, currently human mages are MILES ahead of any build in any fight where more than 4 players are involved. They are by FAR the most valuable and powerful build in that case. So if you were to give them a stronger 1v1 - you would be indeed creating a larger disparity in all other cases as well. So any suggestion you give must keep that in mind. A defensive spell on a human mage would utterly break the game (which in some opinions is already quite unbalanced).
Well i apreciate your opinion and thanks for responding in such a well mannered way. I do however disagree i have considered both the positive and negative affects that this would cause. its important that i point out that this isnt a human issue i was only using human as an example because its the easiest to balance as it does not meet the extremes that the other races have. ive factored in move speed lifesteal ,potion utilization and all the other clades that are pvp related as those are the most important. PvE is a side issue and doesnt hold the same weight.

the main issue is the lack of kiteability for all mages. less so for veelas however veelas are suseptable from other veelas in the same light.

lets also take into account the last nerf to daggers wich affected every clade but less so veelas.

and the incoming propostion to fundamentaly change tower shield wich is also something that footies want changed so mages cant use them.

the spell that i recommended the use and creation of is purely defensive and skill based just like melee is. I talked to many people about this and some people would say "Well if mages are as good as footies then why would anyone wanto play a footie" this is an issue because it comes down to the sandbox fantasy genre in wich this game is apart of. its not a realistic medieval game , people want magic. i would even say a larger population wants magic fixed even the footies think it can be overpowered in scenarios. adding mechanics that involve skill allow for better development for further skills abilities and spells down the road , while also keeping people in the game. lets not forget this is a 1 charecter per account system.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
I think now youre arguing against balance. Are you saying that in a sandbox game balance is not important because people will play what they want? That certainly shouldnt be the case. People should be able to play what they want and also there should be balance. I think its reasonable that a class with both such raw destructive and also AOE power should have a downside of being vulnerable to melee. Now if you have a suggestion to make mages stronger in a 1v1 case without affecting a team fight balance - i would be pleased to hear it.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I think now youre arguing against balance. Are you saying that in a sandbox game balance is not important because people will play what they want? That certainly shouldnt be the case. People should be able to play what they want and also there should be balance. I think its reasonable that a class with both such raw destructive and also AOE power should have a downside of being vulnerable to melee. Now if you have a suggestion to make mages stronger in a 1v1 case without affecting a team fight balance - i would be pleased to hear it.
what your saying is impossible changeing 1v1 affects team fighting. however this change DOES improve mages , yes thats what it does. im not argueing that it does not. this is a suggestion for an improvement. it will affect teamfights. it will also affect 2 other aspects of the game. 1v1 and PvE and in my opinion its completely necessary. your allowed to have your opinion.