Pets in Player Housing

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
I built my first house recently I have been learning how to deal with the pet pathing issues in housing.

I understand this is a known issue. I'm just wondering if SV has said whether it's being worked on and if so, when improvements may come.

Also, does anyone have tips or best practices for bringing pets into houses with the current behaviour?

I've managed to get one horse in and stable it successfully. But if I try to bring two horses or forget to make one stay, things get really buggy, really fast.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Sprint 4 is what youre looking for.

We are on Sprint 2 right now, it dropped just a bit ago.

Attachments

• roadmap.png
    roadmap.png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Cazik

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Getting horses in is pretty easy. Set them on stay and then ride them in.
Non-mounts are the tricky part...

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
Getting horses in is pretty easy. Set them on stay and then ride them in.
Non-mounts are the tricky part...
Yeah. I think I've got the hang of this with horses.

There were several times though where my horse got stuck in front of the house after dismounting. Mounting it again would get me stuck on it, then I'd have to relog and the horse would be duplicated. Not good.

That hasn't happened the last few times I've tried though, so not sure what the deal is.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I got 3 houses, well access 3 houses. Just decided to start building them ey, why not. YA CAN'T SIEGE ME.

Regardless, it depends on the house. The first house, the main one that my friend built has a great location so that you can just walk into a certain room and the horse morphs thru the floor every time. Right by the butcher table. It's muah. Then I have a house where I dunno if the horse would move at any point, and another house where horses wanna glitch over into some other node or something. It's just gonna be an issue, the only thing they have to do is keep horses tying to you. They should make the leash thing apply better in houses. I realize it would let people dip in their houses with pets but it's already kinda hard to dip into your house w the timer haha. But I mean I don't mind if my horse wants to bounce around a house, but if I'm in the house, I should be able to summon it into bag range at any point and it should never go outside of the walls. WHY can't they make it like that? If it's an issue with entry make it so that on ENTRY it can go inside, but then once it gets in and you shut the door or w/e, IT CAN'T.