Parry: A suggestion to simplify it.

Talian

Nov 26, 2020
I'm new to the alpha (bought my key last night) so I may be missing something here, but here goes:
As I understand it (while getting my butt kicked) the only way to parry thrusts is to hold down the ALT key while parrying.
I also noticed that when you hit the RMB to parry, nothing happens until you move the mouse.
It seems to me (could be wrong here) but wouldn't it be much simpler to have RMB block center/thrust before you move the mouse, since nothing is happening then? It would place parry purely on RMB, simplifying combat by eliminating the need for ALT key. Not sure if I explained that particularly well.
Am I missing something? Or would that work?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You can also move your mouse down to block center, Plus there are other ways to set it up. Check out your settings in game to see your options.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't use the alt key at all. I just right-click and then drag the direction I want to block. The direction you drag corresponds to the direction you would need to drag to make the attack you are trying to block. Click+drag down is thrust by default so Click+drag down parries the thrust by default.