Nov, 18 - Feedback (0.0.97)

HurtBox

Nov 18, 2020
Harvesting
  • I'd like to actually physically be able to cut down a tree. I don't know how technical possible it is, and it's definitely not of the highest priority, but I think it would be a neat addition to the game.
  • You can spin your camera around while harvesting, on your screen it even looks like you're harvesting thin air since the animation plays even tho you're not facing the node. Personally I think harvesting should be a commitment (i.e. if you move, you break the animation, camera is locked on the node leaving you open to getting ganked).

Weight changes

• So armor has weight now. This is an alright idea, but right now I feel like the movement speed penalty when it comes to weight feels too heavy handed. I saw a lot of people stripping down and running naked just because of this vary fact. Obviously the idea would be to have armor for certain scenarios where speed and weight might not be a deciding factor, but I can only speak from experience so far that moving like a slug is not fun.
UI
  • Propably a contentious opinion but I do believe the game should have a world map of some type. There's really no reason not to. It doesn't have to be super detailed, it doesn't have need to have all the POIs, or let you put pins and stuff down, but it should at least help you figure out where the fuck you are, and where you at least go. From a NPE (new player experience), most people will find the game disorienting, that might pass in time, but I imagine for many this will be a discouraging factor. Running around town looking for the crafting stations isn't the best experience.
Misc
  • Crouching. I think crouching would be an interesting mechanic. Maybe if you're crouching you're making less sound. Obviously there needs to be some penalties so people aren't abusing it in combat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vakirauta

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Harvesting
  • You can spin your camera around while harvesting, on your screen it even looks like you're harvesting thin air since the animation plays even tho you're not facing the node. Personally I think harvesting should be a commitment (i.e. if you move, you break the animation, camera is locked on the node leaving you open to getting ganked).
Its good to look arround when mining/wood chopping to see if someone is going to attack you, but it looks stupid atm. I suggest to lock the character but allow him to look arround just with head. Some degrees left and right.

UI
  • Propably a contentious opinion but I do believe the game should have a world map of some type. There's really no reason not to. It doesn't have to be super detailed, it doesn't have need to have all the POIs, or let you put pins and stuff down, but it should at least help you figure out where the fuck you are, and where you at least go. From a NPE (new player experience), most people will find the game disorienting, that might pass in time, but I imagine for many this will be a discouraging factor. Running around town looking for the crafting stations isn't the best experience.
The only good idea is to add cartography. The other ideas about map is a big no and it was said here for years.

Misc
  • Crouching. I think crouching would be an interesting mechanic. Maybe if you're crouching you're making less sound. Obviously there needs to be some penalties so people aren't abusing it in combat.
Everyone wants crouching, I even made a suggestion thread just a while ago but then I also heard rumor that it will be technically problem, duh.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Just to add onto the map debate.

If there isn't an in-game map, one will [eventually] be made for you to open in your browser.

I dont see a problem in a map being added, so long as it doesnt show you where you are or where others are.

Could tie into some cartography skill where having a map in your inventory is needed.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Just to add onto the map debate.

If there isn't an in-game map, one will [eventually] be made for you to open in your browser.

I dont see a problem in a map being added, so long as it doesnt show you where you are or where others are.

Could tie into some cartography skill where having a map in your inventory is needed.
orient yourself on the ground and by compass. Fortunately, the game has places that you can memorize.