My personal journal notes keep disappearing

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I've had entries in my personal journal disappear twice now on two separate occasions with no apparent cause. It seems to occur right after a ddos attack, but that may just be my own anecdotal observation.

Either way, SV this feature needs serious attention if you want people to use it. I personally use it for keeping various notes, but I'm thinking of staying away from it until it is fixed because my notes keep disappearing.

Reactions: Gorr

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
These are stored locally in your %Appdata folder, so something has been happening to your user profile or local disk storage most likely

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Back when i used to the journal i notice that it wouldn't save entries when they had the same titles (even in sub titles). So for example, i made journal entries for gatherables

- Palm Fruit
- Per pick​
- Per plant​
- Uses​
- Salvia
- Per pick​
- Per plant​
etc etc

Stuff like that for each pickable. At some point It deleted, or at least wouldn't show, any other entry except for one... I think it was Karoton or something. That was many months ago. I tried to test by deleting the Karoton entry to see if the others appeared,... they did not. Quickly after i gave up on the journal. Submitted a bug report.. but... yea....

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
These are stored locally in your %Appdata folder, so something has been happening to your user profile or local disk storage most likely
I don't think it is due to my PC as it is less than one year old and I have 4tb on it. Other people have had similar problems as well so it is most likely a bug in the personal journal that is causing it.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Back when i used to the journal i notice that it wouldn't save entries when they had the same titles (even in sub titles). So for example, i made journal entries for gatherables

- Palm Fruit
- Per pick​
- Per plant​
- Uses​
- Salvia
- Per pick​
- Per plant​
etc etc

Stuff like that for each pickable. At some point It deleted, or at least wouldn't show, any other entry except for one... I think it was Karoton or something. That was many months ago. I tried to test by deleting the Karoton entry to see if the others appeared,... they did not. Quickly after i gave up on the journal. Submitted a bug report.. but... yea....
That is the exact problem I had. Titles with the same name just disappears after a few days.

Reactions: Jybwee

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
Oh have not tried same title entries, I can definitely see there being issues with the system outside of messing with the #appdata