Most gems are vendor trash.

ShyGuyy

Aug 31, 2024
Correction, due to the risk/reward on ritual pets and most pets in general- all gems are vendor trash to 95% of players. Even the small amount of ritualists that bother to use gems in creation aren't pressed to buy stacks and stacks of rubers. This post isn't about the damage increase or the amount of gems that you get from mining/drops.. but it is about time they are widely used for something other than adding 10g to the gph of mining stone. What I am suggesting will, in my opinion, increase the value of ALL gems as well as the enjoyment of the game for the majority of players. It is a design that takes many elements from different games and combines them into an easy to understand addition to the current crafting system.

Gems in armor. I am not going to detail the idea too much because it is such an obvious addition & there are many many ways to implement it and bolster the game's design. From Amber to Rubers.. each gem could provide certain stats based on the way you "cut" that gem- or how many of w/e variety of gems are used in the crafting of an item. Each item in game could require a certain amount of gems in it to unlock special attacks or effects such as bleeds and knockdowns. I can imagine Ogh 2h weapons with 6 rubers stacked into it for +3 raw strength, a steel chest piece that provides an additional +2 con because it has 4 adamants placed in it.. a dense crepite bow with 30 Amber for +10% bow draw speed increase? All of a sudden the value of gems skyrockets across the map, gear is worth more-pvp is more fun, POI known to drop gems are more contested for their semi-rare gem drops!! Those little black opals and titanit could be used to increase the base def/dmg or even durability of weapons and armor.

I can admit it would need a ton of balancing but I do not believe it is a completely horrible idea. Maybe I just don't know the other value of these gems besides vendor trash and ritual combat pets. Who cares if i spend 100-200g on those adamants to get 15 more health on my steel sets.. its a video game damn it!

Last edited: