Max mana's effect on regen

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Is there still a threshold where under it, mana has no effect on regen? I believe at some point this was the case, but I'm not sure when it starts or if they removed it.

Example, Do 100 and 130 max mana regen at the same speed? (at 0 armor weight, max mana regen skill).

Thanks.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Is there still a threshold where under it, mana has no effect on regen? I believe at some point this was the case, but I'm not sure when it starts or if they removed it.

Example, Do 100 and 130 max mana regen at the same speed? (at 0 armor weight, max mana regen skill).

Thanks.

With my fat mage currently I have 260 mana. With max Vitalism and skills, I regenerate 5-6 mana per tic. Which means I can cast without pause non-stop outburst. Anything bigger than that I will eventually oom.

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Thanks.

p sure it was always more mana = more regen. Who knows what they did for MO2 tho... heh. From various chars, tho, seems different. I don't do fat mage, so I can't comment on a max threshold.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Several guys in the disc said it takes the same time to full mana regardless of mana cap, making more mana more per tick. Which is how it should be. I totally remember seeing some weird thing back in MO1 tho that lower mana hybrids worked because regen wasn't actually effected. So a 60 mana hybrid had the same regen as 90. But that thread is long gone lol.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I did some testing last night... I went through the trouble of making my Human Fat mage with 260 mana down to fit with 198 mana to see if it made any difference.

At 260 mana, 100 Vitalism, it was 15 mana regen every 10 seconds.

At 198 mana, 100 Vitalism, it was 15 mana regen every 10 seconds.

On a side note... to lose 50kg as a human with potions runs about 400g and takes about 2-3 hours of drinking potions. LOL

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I did some testing last night... I went through the trouble of making my Human Fat mage with 260 mana down to fit with 198 mana to see if it made any difference.

At 260 mana, 100 Vitalism, it was 15 mana regen every 10 seconds.

At 198 mana, 100 Vitalism, it was 15 mana regen every 10 seconds.

On a side note... to lose 50kg as a human with potions runs about 400g and takes about 2-3 hours of drinking potions. LOL
HUH, Mo making no sense as usual lmao. Random thought tho, wouldn't it have been easier to just get your str up or something and drop some mana? Unless you wanted to be fit lol.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
HUH, Mo making no sense as usual lmao. Random thought tho, wouldn't it have been easier to just get your str up or something and drop some mana? Unless you wanted to be fit lol.

It just happened to be perfect timing for me reskilling my character a bit. I decided I wanted melee on him and drop being a full mage.. so now I am a shitty dagger mage hybrid.