Make Keeps Matter

Luthienne

Apr 8, 2024
I know we have relic wars coming to the game eventually, but I have an idea that Will make keeps matter by themselves.

Each keep should be changed to have it's own unique skin. The sunken isles keep should have a mossy/vine covered aesthetic, the MohKi keep should have a forest aesthetic, the GK keep should have a Tephra purple/black metal aesthetic.

What will make this awesome, is if player housing can adopt this aesthetic too. If your guild controls Cave Camp keep, which could have a snowy/Stony aesthetic, then your house/stronghold should have a togglable option in your house menu to either use the default skin or your guild's keep aesthetic.

This part only requires visual design for keeps, small/medium houses, and strongholds, which will take time, but it will be very rewarding. People will want the cool looking houses and SHs.

Additionally, each keep can come with a unique crafting table that allows creation of a specific weapon. One can have a special 1h hammer, a special 2h sword, which could be identical in stats to their Risar weapon counterpart (for the sake of not having to balance 14 more weapons), but with a unique and awesome skin. These can be crafted by anyone with the weaponcrafting skill, but only at these tables in the keep.

Add these bonuses in, and then once relic wars and the eventual territory control over towns, etc... is added, keeps will be the most sought after real estate in the game, whereas nobody cares about them right now.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
I know we have relic wars coming to the game eventually, but I have an idea that Will make keeps matter by themselves.

Each keep should be changed to have it's own unique skin. The sunken isles keep should have a mossy/vine covered aesthetic, the MohKi keep should have a forest aesthetic, the GK keep should have a Tephra purple/black metal aesthetic.

What will make this awesome, is if player housing can adopt this aesthetic too. If your guild controls Cave Camp keep, which could have a snowy/Stony aesthetic, then your house/stronghold should have a togglable option in your house menu to either use the default skin or your guild's keep aesthetic.

This part only requires visual design for keeps, small/medium houses, and strongholds, which will take time, but it will be very rewarding. People will want the cool looking houses and SHs.

Additionally, each keep can come with a unique crafting table that allows creation of a specific weapon. One can have a special 1h hammer, a special 2h sword, which could be identical in stats to their Risar weapon counterpart (for the sake of not having to balance 14 more weapons), but with a unique and awesome skin. These can be crafted by anyone with the weaponcrafting skill, but only at these tables in the keep.

Add these bonuses in, and then once relic wars and the eventual territory control over towns, etc... is added, keeps will be the most sought after real estate in the game, whereas nobody cares about them right now.
Soooooo... just reskinning cloaks isn't doing it for you anymore? I'm sure if they try really hard we can get a few more years of cloak reskinning in before changing to something else...