Make all PvE tasks available at all times

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I would like to see all mobs at the soldier and hunter taskmasters available at all times. At present, sometimes the hunting task I want is not available and the next mob down the list is too hard or too far away, and the one above it is too easy.

I get that SV wants to encourage players to hunt different mobs, but the player should be able to decide when and if they want to do the harder or easier ones, not be forced to because the task they want to do is not available at the time.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I would like to see all mobs at the soldier and hunter taskmasters available at all times. At present, sometimes the hunting task I want is not available and the next mob down the list is too hard or too far away, and the one above it is too easy.

I get that SV wants to encourage players to hunt different mobs, but the player should be able to decide when and if they want to do the harder or easier ones, not be forced to because the task they want to do is not available at the time.
The predominant issue is then players will abuse the fastest loop to generate coin (or tokens / glory), constantly, instead of just when it happens to be available.

They could implement diminishing returns, or even punishment, for doing the same task on repeat, but, that is just another caveat that makes this less easy to change.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I can understand the concerns surrounding abuse of fastest loop, though it would seem that if a player is unable to enjoy their limited time in the game because they have to travel somewhere far away and likely die in trying to hunt a more difficult mob, they may end up logging off instead.

Having all mob hunting tasks available would allow every player with different time schedules to do something they enjoy, and this in turn may increase the player population count. If a player is trying to abuse the fastest loop, it's likely that they will find a way to do it regardless of what hunting tasks are available.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Tasks should be random for each individual player, not all the same for everyone.

As it is right now, you pick up a task knowing there will be 10 or more other people waiting at the same spawns for the same task. A ganker can just look up the current task and know where he can go gank people. Its so dumb.

Task should be random roll for each individual player every hour. You will still get some players that get the same mob as you, but not EVERY single person in town.

Reactions: Xunila

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I can understand the concerns surrounding abuse of fastest loop, though it would seem that if a player is unable to enjoy their limited time in the game because they have to travel somewhere far away and likely die in trying to hunt a more difficult mob, they may end up logging off instead.

Having all mob hunting tasks available would allow every player with different time schedules to do something they enjoy, and this in turn may increase the player population count. If a player is trying to abuse the fastest loop, it's likely that they will find a way to do it regardless of what hunting tasks are available.
Tasks should be random for each individual player, not all the same for everyone.

As it is right now, you pick up a task knowing there will be 10 or more other people waiting at the same spawns for the same task. A ganker can just look up the current task and know where he can go gank people. Its so dumb.

Task should be random roll for each individual player every hour. You will still get some players that get the same mob as you, but not EVERY single person in town.

I think in totality, having every task available all the time, combined with personally favored tasks (Jack's suggestion of individual tasks, seen as a highlight task(s) within the list that are personal with bonus rewards), and a diminishing return or punishment for repeating the same tasks, would be ideal.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I hope to not get a random roll to kill a Clothos Maiden Queen.

Having everyone get the same list of tasks each hour can be a problem, I'll agree. As when I take the task, sometimes someone else had already cleared the area, and a few others are roaming around waiting for the mob in question to spawn. Or the other day when I went to hunt the mob, a large group of beast masters and necros were killing random players who were also there for the same mob, and I had to make a quick exit.

I favour Anarchy Online and EVE Online's random mission generators that not only provided randomised missions but sent players to different parts of the map so that they're not all congregating at the same area to kill the same mob.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I hope to not get a random roll to kill a Clothos Maiden Queen.

Having everyone get the same list of tasks each hour can be a problem, I'll agree. As when I take the task, sometimes someone else had already cleared the area, and a few others are roaming around waiting for the mob in question to spawn. Or the other day when I went to hunt the mob, a large group of beast masters and necros were killing random players who were also there for the same mob, and I had to make a quick exit.

I favour Anarchy Online and EVE Online's random mission generators that not only provided randomised missions but sent players to different parts of the map so that they're not all congregating at the same area to kill the same mob.
Contextually, if you had a personal roll for a Queen, you could just ignore it. I wrote bonus rewards, not rewards period. :)

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022

Agreed. That it wasn't done like this from the start amazes me frankly. Who thought identical shared tasks are a good idea?

Was coding specific rolls for everyone just too hard for SV?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Personally I like how the tasks change.

I have favorite tasks and combinations of tasks but this forces me to mix it up a little.

It also seems more rewarding when I do get preferred tasks.

One reason they may want to have everyone get the same task is for conflict reasons.

But there really is not much variety of tasks anyway. So as long as people are actively doing tasks then there will probably be overlapping of tasks.

I wonder though If they could just have the tasks change every time someone takes one?

That would naturally make them rotate and possibly give out less of the same task at once.

I have not ever tried to delete a task so not sure if that is possible.

But if it is not then that would prevent players from just changing them by deleting and taking another task.

Another option would be to have the task be fed somehow by player demand.

But that would be a whole other discussion.