Make Advanced Creaturecontroll a Secondary of Taming !

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It's just intolerable OP when some guilds create dungeon characters who are full melee fighters in steel armor and at the same time have a turtle or 2 direwolves with them ! Such builds ruin the fun for getting fights in specific dungeons, if you play a normal build. These builds don't use taming, but buy the pets and they're super OP, because this workarround allow them to be a full melee Footfighter in Steel with Pets !

Pet-Attacks could be made int depending, so players with low int cant tell their pet to attack a player, if they have less then 80 Int or whatever.

Pets should be a Tool for squishy Mages and not for tanky Footfighters.

The Balance Team still has a lot of work to do before the game can be released on Epic!

Otherwise the game will be delivered in a state, where you have to tell the new players that a
melee in steel armor with a Combat-Pet is the
current Mata of this game...

Many players wish for more skill points, but the 150 skill points that can be gained through amulets are far too strong. These allow a player to create full melee Builds with pets or full mounted characters with pets.

All skill points should be removed from the amulets and rings and replaced with smart claides that save you action points to make the Builds viable to fight from mount and on Foot but not to make every Melee being able to hold a pet, or at least not the strongest pets.

Better give us claides on the amulets that save us skill points. E.g. Having 100 Points in swords make you have 100 Skillpoints in Spears or Axes aswell, so we can use more
weapon types, or allow the Fighter to hold 1-2 Zombies with a clade on a ring, that let him hold 2 basic Zombies that does not consume Mana as a claid on a ring or whatever, but Melee builds with tanky high damage combat Pets should not be a thing.
The game has evolved into a Pokemon Online Game !

50-70 skill points should be the absolute maximum on an Ogmium Amulet. 150 is just totally OP!

Unique ablilities on rings that save you points would be much better then pure skillpoints, that cause inbalances becuase of the ability to hold pets.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2Op4Scrubs

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Same with Ritualism ! Being a Dex Fighter in Steel with no Mana should not be able to take risen pets with him... https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/risen-tourdogs-and-direwolves-need-a-nerf.11030/

This shit need to be changed !

Maybe you should be forced to use the controll undead Spell to attack a player with an undead pet. This would cost mana, which melee Fighters do not have, or at least not a lot. On the other hand i hate the controll undead spell. The best solution would be an all undead pets attack key for the hotbar that cost a specific ammount of Mana when used.

Another idea would be that risen pets cost mana over time like Necro Zombies !

Basicly any mechanic that prevent the melee Footfighter to use strong and tanky Combat-Pets.

Last edited:

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I totall agree with you that ACC and Maybe even CC should be under Taming. But secondary? I would leave them primary. But also make it under Domination so you either need Dom or Taming to get CC or ACC.

Pls no minimal int. I love my gimped footfighter with Full Tamer build.

Animal Care and Taming itself are kinda in a bad spot. if you take them you nerf yourself because those skills do not give any fighting advantage at all. They just shorten the grind to get a certain power. But everybody can obtain that power but through different means. So ANY meta player will never take these skills. They will have them on Alt charackters, or just buy Pets from the broker.

Such skills should be either secondary or mandatory to have pets otherwhise they will for ever be unbalanced.
I for my part think they should be mandatory to have pets.

Reactions: Anabolic Man