Make actual communities outside of guilds possible

Inai

Feb 16, 2024
We've been building an open town for anyone to live and participate in for almost 2 years now. Obviously the TC patch was amazing for this, as so many town features were added.

I'm sure there is more tc content coming and I'm not concerned in this regard - but what is truly holding an open community like this back is the current supply system.

Please make it so that guilds who own tc structures can select if (and how many) supply packages are available to the public.

Let us decide how many supply packages can be taken out by any random player, so that they can actually contribute resources to the town.

There are so many people willing to do supply runs because they want to use the town for farming, but it is such a gatekept system that only guild members may take out supply packages and put them back in.

Also: the tc broker will enable a much deeper level of community and player driven economy than many people realize - something this game wanted to promote all along.

You can't really expect the majority of people to understand what the impact of such a feature would be, thus delaying stuff like this due to a community poll is a risky move in my opinion.

Don't be so scared to build the game you (from my pov) actually want to build. Don't let the community fully decide what features enter the game in what order.

Do whats best for the game, even if the decision is not (yet) popular while getting feedback from the community for orientation.

Happy this game exists, excited for whats to come.

Reactions: Sophisticus