Looking for MA + Footfighter build

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
I would like to be able to be a full Footfighter with melee and long bows but would also really like to incorporate mounted archery in the mix.

What would be the best race/bloodline for this setup?

Magic isn't a priority of mine but a self heal could be cool to have.

Thanks for any input, I'm going crazy looking for an optional race/bloodline for this setup.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
Oghmir and Thursar are your options. Stats you will max str dex and con. I believe age 30 has highest strength caps so that's your best MA damage, but you can play around to find better dex caps if you want to favor mobility on foot.

Reactions: m4rt3

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I would like to be able to be a full Footfighter with melee and long bows but would also really like to incorporate mounted archery in the mix.

What would be the best race/bloodline for this setup?

Magic isn't a priority of mine but a self heal could be cool to have.

Thanks for any input, I'm going crazy looking for an optional race/bloodline for this setup.
I will link you to another post I made on this similar topic: Ranged/Melee character creation help | Mortal Online 2 Forums

I try to talk about everything there. From there, you can make your own choice. There is no flat best, there are only 'best at certain parts'.

You can see "Races" in a spoiler.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
I will link you to another post I made on this similar topic: Ranged/Melee character creation help | Mortal Online 2 Forums

I try to talk about everything there. From there, you can make your own choice. There is no flat best, there are only 'best at certain parts'.

You can see "Races" in a spoiler.
Thanks man! I've been in that post but haven't been able to solve my issue of figuring out which race/build to do. Thinking about just going human but I've seen some killer Oghmir mounted archers. I just don't want to be extremely gimped on foot.

I also liked the idea of doing a Veela but didn't seem high enough damage for a Footfighter/Archer or mounted combat.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
I basically want to be the best archery damage possible with melee second. I'm just assuming i won't be able to do good mounted archery as well as ground.

I want to be a foot soldier but really despise playing a large race like Thursar. Was really wanting to do an Alvarin Veela fighter but I feel like I will not be good in 1v1s as a Thursar.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Currently, if you already have archery, you only need to add Mounted Archery, some creature control to be a full MA and use the best horses.
This will eventually change though.

the highest damage bows require highest strength (121) so, like Wolf said, ohgmir or thursar. It will come down to which clades you like best. Thursars probably a bit better for footy, oghmir for MA.

Healing your horse is kind of a big part of being an MA and currently the best way is with magic as you can do it without dismounting. This however will start to eat your foot fighter primary points. Its handier for MA but gimps your foot fighter.

Otherwise use veterinary but you have to dismount.

personal heal will be Anatomy. Ohhmir youll also use the pipe.

Reactions: Nefnate

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Currently, if you already have archery, you only need to add Mounted Archery, some creature control to be a full MA and use the best horses.
This will eventually change though.

the highest damage bows require highest strength (121) so, like Wolf said, ohgmir or thursar. It will come down to which clades you like best. Thursars probably a bit better for footy, oghmir for MA.

Healing your horse is kind of a big part of being an MA and currently the best way is with magic as you can do it without dismounting. This however will start to eat your foot fighter primary points. Its handier for MA but gimps your foot fighter.

Otherwise use veterinary but you have to dismount.

personal heal will be Anatomy. Ohhmir youll also use the pipe.
Thanks for the reply brother. I guess I really need to just decide whether I want to do mounted combat or not. Would you recommend any Footfighter build other than Thursar? For highest damage archery on foot with good melee (zero mounted combat skills). I just really don't want to make a Thursar and be huge lol.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Thanks for the reply brother. I guess I really need to just decide whether I want to do mounted combat or not. Would you recommend any Footfighter build other than Thursar? For highest damage archery on foot with good melee (zero mounted combat skills). I just really don't want to make a Thursar and be huge lol.
Yes mixing foot and mounted is always a difficult compromise.

currently thursars are pretty damn beastly in melee combat mostly due to their regeneration clades. Its pretty hard to beat for pure foot fighter. But yes, they are big and make for a big target.

Oghmirs do have all their damage mitigation clades, but it doesnt regenerate hp like thursars. Pipe helps, but its situational. They have exceptional stamina too.

if you already dislike being big and are curious about being an MA i would strongly suggest trying the Oghmir and see how it fits your playstyle. Its beta anyways and easy to re roll.

you can of course try humans( decent at everything but not amazing at anything). Their additional primary points will allow to incorporate foot and mounted more easily. However, on foot they are only average and you wont have access to the top damage bows.

Last edited:

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Yes mixing foot and mounted is always a difficult compromise.

currently thursars are pretty damn beastly in melee combat mostly due to their regeneration clades. Its pretty hard to beat for pure foot fighter. But yes, they are big and make for a big target.

Oghmirs do have all their damage mitigation clades, but it doesnt regenerate hp like thursars. Pipe helps, but its situational. They have exceptional stamina too.

if you already dislike being big and are curious about being an MA i would strongly suggest trying the Oghmir and see how it fits your playstyle. Its beta anyways and easy to re roll.

you can of course try humans( decent at everything but not amazing at anything). Their additional primary points will allow to incorporate foot and mounted more easily. However, on foot they are only average and you wont have access to the top damage bows.
What bloodline would you recommend for Oghmir? Heuger?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
What bloodline would you recommend for Oghmir? Heuger?

Blain is for melee/bows. Heuge is better for magic (fat mage).

nit sure if you know about this
:https://mortaldata.com/

very handy tool to experiment with builds. Not sure if its totally up to date to latest patch, but will give you a very good idea on how races/stats/attributes work.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Blain is for melee/bows. Heuge is better for magic (fat mage).

nit sure if you know about this
:https://mortaldata.com/

very handy tool to experiment with builds. Not sure if its totally up to date to latest patch, but will give you a very good idea on how races/stats/attributes work.
Thank you so much!

Sorry for all the questions but if I go full Blainn, what would make me so slow (if doing full MA build), my Dex would be 85 which doesn't seem bad. Would I really be that slow?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
on foot you will be slow yes but dex isnt as much of a difference as it used to be . Also youll be against other slow, melee front liners most likely. Chasing down fleeing enemies will be hard(use bow), but with a huge stam pool you will eventually catch them. Its definitely geared towards a more defensive playstyle, but the only race you'll notice a big speed difference will be against Alvarians when they use their clades.

As an MA dex doesnt matter. Horses have their own speed. All you want is highest strenght and con.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
on foot you will be slow yes but dex isnt as much of a difference as it used to be . Also youll be against other slow, melee front liners most likely. Chasing down fleeing enemies will be hard(use bow), but with a huge stam pool you will eventually catch them. Its definitely geared towards a more defensive playstyle, but the only race you'll notice a big speed difference will be against Alvarians when they use their clades.

As an MA dex doesnt matter. Horses have their own speed. All you want is highest strenght and con.
Would I have zero in intelligence then? I've seen some people use a healing spell on their mount that seems damn good.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Would I have zero in intelligence then? I've seen some people use a healing spell on their mount that seems damn good.

like i mentioned before magic skills are very handy on an MA. You can heal your horse on the go and also use offensive spells mounted. However, you will not have enough primary skill points for melee skills, MA skills AND mage skills.you have to choose either foot/MA or mage/MA.

as fas as int goes, youll have some points left to put in there, but probably not many. Your mana pool will be small but enough to cast a few spells.

Last edited: