Increase max FOV setting

D

Deleted member 44

I agree. 110 is standard for most gamers IIRC. The FOV slider only acts as zoom function right now. I'm all for raising the value but it should be locked whatever we decide on.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
110 FoV = Positive review. We used to have 110 FoV and higher but the screen shots looked "fisheye" to some people so Henrik removed access to that FoV. For the new people here the only reason you are not playing with your usual FoV and have a sub standard range of FoV is because superficial reasons like it make some screen shots look fish eyed.

To me low FoV looks unatural and squished together. It is the easiest fix in the game.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
110 FoV = Positive review. We used to have 110 FoV and higher but the screen shots looked "fisheye" to some people so Henrik removed access to that FoV. For the new people here the only reason you are not playing with your usual FoV and have a sub standard range of FoV is because superficial reasons like it make some screen shots look fish eyed.

To me low FoV looks unatural and squished together. It is the easiest fix in the game.

I heard there is ways to reduce the fish eye problem of FOV. But higher FOV than the current is certainly normal and wanted.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I heard there is ways to reduce the fish eye problem of FOV. But higher FOV than the current is certainly normal and wanted.
They were complaining about 105 to 120 FoV. People have different monitors and brains recognize fish eyeness differently.

The fisheyeness is not recognized my people who play a lot untill it very high due to their brains getting used to it.

Also people have curved monitors so the fish eyeness is greatly alleviated by the curved because the edges are closer to the same distance as the center is from the users eyes.

I just want 110 FoV because I have that in every game and 110 looks like a unnatural zoomed in perspective.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
They were complaining about 105 to 120 FoV. People have different monitors and brains recognize fish eyeness differently.

The fisheyeness is not recognized my people who play a lot untill it very high due to their brains getting used to it.

Also people have curved monitors so the fish eyeness is greatly alleviated by the curved because the edges are closer to the same distance as the center is from the users eyes.

I just want 110 FoV because I have that in every game and 110 looks like a unnatural zoomed in perspective.

Ah yes its certainly true you get used to it pretty quickly, and people will realise that a higher FOV feels and plays better than this low one currently.

I was meaning that the game code/graphical settings can be adjusted to make higher FOV look nice.