Incentivized player cooperation.

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
Player interaction whether working together or against each other is one of the best aspects of gaming. I think Guild Membership could be incentivized for single players and guilds too. Players could be refunded X amount of their monthly subscription fee if they've belonged to one specific guild during the previous month. Guilds that have X player membership threshold could refund X more of the subscription fee to each member.
Secondly, guilds that have X combined member player hours could have an opportunity to obtain vanity items that do not effect combat or production (just skins, flags etc). These are just possible ideas warts and all, and I wanted to throw it out there.

• Angry
Reactions: Rhias

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'm not sure I would tie guild membership to real-life finances. I feel like this could create a dynamic where people stay with guild they don't really enjoy until they find a new guild or guilds keep on members they don't really enjoy.

One thing I have been in favor of though is guilds that control towns setting and receiving the broker taxes in that town. This directly incentivizes larger town controlling groups to attract smaller groups and individual players to live in their area rather than forcing everyone out so they can monopolize local resources.

Essentially, the more lively your town, the more money you make for controlling it. So if 10 newb guilds are farming zombies and dungeons in your area you make a cut of that. Suddenly you don't want them out of your dungeon. You want to keep other groups from running them out of your dungeon.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I really don’t think you need to incentivize people to band together. You learn very quickly cooperation as soon as you get priest camped by any red guild. It’s a pvp focused game. If you don’t band together you get slaughtered.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
There is no difficulty in convincing newbs they're better off with vets as allies. There is sometimes difficulty convincing vets they need newbs.

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
All good points for sure. Just thinking f different ways to add real life rewards to encourage cooperation and player retention.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Why would you want to punish player that enjoy playing a lonely wolf?

Reactions: Speznat

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
Why would you want to punish player that enjoy playing a lonely wolf?
I'm sorry you gave my post an angry face lol; you must have had a rough day. Turning down an incentive is not punishment. If your boss offers you overtime( and your co-workers) and you decide not to earn the extra money because you like to spend your time doing something else are you being punished? The answer is "No". In any event I'm not here to argue with with and I was just making a suggestion which I'll admit wasn't great but you have to go out on a limb because that's where the fruit is.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm sorry you gave my post an angry face lol; you must have had a rough day. Turning down an incentive is not punishment. If your boss offers you overtime( and your co-workers) and you decide not to earn the extra money because you like to spend your time doing something else are you being punished? The answer is "No". In any event I'm not here to argue with with and I was just making a suggestion which I'll admit wasn't great but you have to go out on a limb because that's where the fruit is.
If there are certain items which can only obtained with a certain playstyle, then it's indirectly punishing all other playstyles that do not match this one "rewarded" playstyle.